All Things Citrus Bowl/Orlando Travel Tips, Plans, Hotels, Tickets, Actities and More

ANOTHER UPDATE AS OF NOON TODAY:

TRAVELIN' GOPHER FLASH JUST ADDED NOON DECEMBER 14, 2014

1 ONE WAY DOWN AIR ONLY $400 ALL TAXES

2 RT AIR ONLY $900 ALL TAXES

1 PACKAGE AVAILABLE $1799 PP DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

1 PACKAGE AVAILABLE $1499 PP QUAD OCCUPANCY

INCLUDES
ROUND TRIP TRAVELIN' GOPHER CHARTER SUN COUNTRY BOEING 737

DEPART 10 AM DEC 27 RETURN 10 AM JAN 2

7 DAYS - 6 NIGHTS at the CARIBE ROYAL SPA 4 STAR HOTEL SUITE ROOM

320 OF YOUR CLOSE GO GOPHER FRIENDS AND NEW ONES

ALL GROUND FROM AIRPORT, HOTEL, EVENTS & GAME

You must call 651 748 0080 to book.​

http://www.travelingopher.com/bowl-trip-information.html

ANOTHER UPDATE AS OF NOON TODAY:

TRAVELIN' GOPHER FLASH JUST ADDED NOON DECEMBER 14, 2014

1 ONE WAY DOWN AIR ONLY $400 ALL TAXES

2 RT AIR ONLY $900 ALL TAXES

1 PACKAGE AVAILABLE $1799 PP DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

1 PACKAGE AVAILABLE $1499 PP QUAD OCCUPANCY

INCLUDES
ROUND TRIP TRAVELIN' GOPHER CHARTER SUN COUNTRY BOEING 737

DEPART 10 AM DEC 27 RETURN 10 AM JAN 2

7 DAYS - 6 NIGHTS at the CARIBE ROYAL SPA 4 STAR HOTEL SUITE ROOM

320 OF YOUR CLOSE GO GOPHER FRIENDS AND NEW ONES

ALL GROUND FROM AIRPORT, HOTEL, EVENTS & GAME

You must call 651 748 0080 to book.​

http://www.travelingopher.com/bowl-trip-information.html

I emailed them asking if they would add anything last Wednesday, I essentially got a NO. So, I planned our trip, flights especially, myself. Oh well I guess.

We received our email with our seat assignments! Section P35 Row S.

Anyone else received their seat assignments? Maybe it takes a while to work through all of the sections?

Anyone else received their seat assignments? Maybe it takes a while to work through all of the sections?

I did not receive an email, but after reading this I logged into my Gopher ticket account to see if it showed anything. It looks like the placeholder seats they assigned my when I placed my order have been replaced with actual seats. Might be worth checking if you're anxious to find out where you are sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have misunderstood my buddy who's the season ticket holder of record. It's possible he logged in and saw our seats and did not get an email. I thought he had.

Quick question... where can I buy a parking pass for down in Orlando?

Do what I am gonna do. Fly to Phoenix, daughter pick me up, free parking in her driveway, have pre-game festivities, watch game and have during game festivities, have post game festivities, and have fun. Oh, did I mention, my daughter and her family are alcohol free?

I did not receive an email, but after reading this I logged into my Gopher ticket account to see if it showed anything. It looks like the placeholder seats they assigned my when I placed my order have been replaced with actual seats. Might be worth checking if you're anxious to find out where you are sitting.

Thanks. This is what happened to me as well. No email, but my seats have been "updated" in my account.

I am in P37, row L. Anyone know how many rows there are? It doesn't look like that many.

Thanks. This is what happened to me as well. No email, but my seats have been "updated" in my account.

I am in P37, row L. Anyone know how many rows there are? It doesn't look like that many.

12 rows

;)

I heard there a K rows. Rows beyond that are in GopherLady's party spot in the parking lot. You will have fun!!!

Field Level goes to Row EE, Mezzanine Level goes to Row U, and Upper Deck goes to Row HH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I used: Link

There are cheaper options too but I'm guessing this area will be more fun. Plus, these lots open at 7 AM while the cheaper ones I found only open 2 hours prior to kickoff.

I want to sit in row DD. Can't believe no one else had beaten me to that one already. You're slipping in your old age Dr. Don. :p

136 Row R. Does anybody know what sections the band and students will be in?

136 Row R. Does anybody know what sections the band and students will be in?

In the past, the bands would be in the corners of the end zones opposite of each other, approximately where sections 101 and 127 are (127 would be the Minnesota side this year). But with all of the stadium renovations, who knows if that will still be the case now.

Ticketmaster has a seat by seat map if you zoom in enough, so you can locate your individual seat in the row. It also, gives some perspective to ticket sales as well, knowing that there are probably large sections blocked by allotments, you can see how the stadium is filling in nicely.

Ticketmaster has a seat by seat map if you zoom in enough, so you can locate your individual seat in the row. It also, gives some perspective to ticket sales as well, knowing that there are probably large sections blocked by allotments, you can see how the stadium is filling in nicely.

I think the MN side will represent well, but it certainly looks like both end zones will be extremely empty (as of now). It looks like many hundreds of those are available for purchase. MN/Missou is probably not the most exciting matchup for those in the area without a rooting interest.

Guys, I have put a list below of some goings on in Orlando. Most of which is centered around the International Drive or "I-Drive" area.

Tuesday, December 30th
The Florida Citrus Parade begins at 10:00 am
This parade features magnificent citrus floats, high school marching bands from across the country, university bands from the bowl game participating schools and other exciting entertainment. The event is free to attend anywhere along route on the streets of downtown Orlando. The parade begins on Orange Avenue and Robinson Street and concludes at Rosalind Avenue and Robinson Street. The route is 1.4 miles in length and takes 90-120 minutes to complete. An icon with strong University of Minnesota ties will be one of the parade grand Marshalls.
Wednesday, December 31st
Kickoff Luncheon from Noon - 1:30 pm
Hyatt Regency Orlando
9801 International Drive
Nearly 24 hours before kickoff the two teams gather for a one-of-a-kind luncheon featuring band and cheer performances, interviews with the head coaches and a special challenge for the players. Individual tickets are $62 each. Tables of ten are $600. Please click on this link to register: http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/tickets.aspx. Or call Florida Citrus Sports at 407-423-2476 to make your reservation.

Impromptu gatherings
Adobe Gila's
Pointe Orlando
9101 International Drive
Throughout the week this establishment will serve as the home-base for all Gopher fans who want to mingle with the Maroon and Gold faithful. The General Manager said he will welcome Gopher fans with open arms. He is a graduate of Michigan State so he loves the Big Ten Conference. Pointe Orlando is a unique and exciting area that contains individual restaurants, stores, attractions, theaters and outdoor areas. The Pep Rally is a David Cobb touchdown run from this establishment.

Gopher Pep Rally at 4:45 pm
Pointe Orlando
9101 International Drive
Gather with other Gopher fans at the official pep rally at Orlando Bowl Week Fan Headquarters. Our band and spirit squad will perform and Coach Jerry Kill will make a special appearance. The Pep Rally is free and open to all Gopher fans. NOTE: The Missouri Tigers will have their Pep Rally at this same location at 4:00 pm.

‘Sota Social and KFAN Radio Show from 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Hyatt Regency Orlando
9801 International Drive
Gather with other Gopher fans at this University of Minnesota tradition called a ‘Sota Social. The event is free and open to all Gopher fans. A cash bar is available.

Ring in the New Year
Pointe Orlando
9101 International Drive
Gopher fans will have lots of dining and entertainment choices on New Year’s Eve in Pointe Orlando. From casual to elegant you will enjoy the great food and ambiance at any of these spots Click on this link for more information on each spot: http://www.pointeorlando.com/dining

Ring in the New Year
Caribe Royale Orlando
8101 World Center Drive
407-238-8000
Gopher fans will also enjoy this setting for their New Year’s Eve celebration. Here you will find dining options, champagne, balloon drops, Jazz band and “Dueling Pianos” that will play popular songs for the Minnesota delegation. This venue is located 1.5 miles from the Walt Disney World® area, and 7.2 miles from Pointe Orlando. Click on this link to see the New Year’s Eve options that are available: http://www.cariberoyale.com/holidays2014 Make your dinner reservations ASAP.

Ring in the New Year
Dave & Buster's
8986 International Drive
407-541-3300
Gopher fans will also enjoy this establishment to Ring in the New Year. The establishment offers tons of energy and excitement. Click on this link for more information: http://www.daveandbusters.com/default.aspx

Thursday, January 1st
U of M Alumni Association Tailgate from 10:00 – 12:30 pm
Hyatt Regency Orlando
9801 International Drive
Join fellow Gophers at the Minnesota Alumni Association official Pregame Event. Enjoy a hot buffet, beer, wine and entertainment before heading over to the big game. The cost is $69 per person. Register today at http://gophersfantravel.com.

Kickoff at Orlando Citrus Stadium at 1:00 pm
Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
Minnesota versus Missouri
How exciting is this? Our Golden Gopher football team is playing in a New Year’s Day Bowl Game. Be loud and proud as you cheer for our Gophers. The game will be aired on ABC.

e.bigelow, thank you very much for this information! Very helpful. I have a couple of clarifying questions:

1) I assume the 'Sota Social is on Dec 31? If so, is it correct that it overlaps with the Pep Rally?

2) Is the Alumni Association Tailgate really happening at the Hyatt Regency Hotel?

Thanks again!!

Looks like people are still buying up the Creative Charter packages. Here is the update on their website:

TRAVELIN' GOPHER FLASH

UPDATE 7:00 pm DECEMBER 15, 2014

2 SEATS REMAINING RT AIR ONLY $900 ALL TAXES
INCLUDES ROUND TRIP TRAVELIN' GOPHER CHARTER SUN COUNTRY BOEING 737

DEPART 10 AM DEC 27 RETURN 10 AM JAN 2​

e.bigelow, thank you very much for this information! Very helpful. I have a couple of clarifying questions:

1) I assume the 'Sota Social is on Dec 31? If so, is it correct that it overlaps with the Pep Rally?

2) Is the Alumni Association Tailgate really happening at the Hyatt Regency Hotel? Thanks again!!

1) Yes, as far as I understand, you are correct there. But, although I am not staying at the Hyatt Regency (staying at the Double Tree by Hilton downtown), my familiarity with Orlando, the pep rally is not far from the 'Sota social. Like 3 blocks maybe? It's all located on "I-Drive" or international drive which is a decent area with lots of good restraunts/watering holes and other things, albeit pretty touristy.

2) that is a misprint. The UMAA tailgate will be at the stadium. I will post tomorrow as to exact location as I am awaiting to get that. So, hopefully I will have that soon.

1) Yes, as far as I understand, you are correct there. But, although I am not staying at the Hyatt Regency (staying at the Double Tree by Hilton downtown), my familiarity with Orlando, the pep rally is not far from the 'Sota social. Like 3 blocks maybe? It's all located on "I-Drive" or international drive which is a decent area with lots of good restraunts/watering holes and other things, albeit pretty touristy.

2) that is a misprint. The UMAA tailgate will be at the stadium. I will post tomorrow as to exact location as I am awaiting to get that. So, hopefully I will have that soon.

Hopefully this information helps answer your questions. From the U of M Alumni Association travel package website it is my understanding that the official U of M Alumni Association pre-game tailgate will be at Lorna Doone Park in Orlando, which is quite literally just right across the street from the Citrus Bowl stadium itself on the northeast side. I have included the official street address of Lorna Doone Park below and a link to it on Google Maps.

FYI - A U of M Alumni Association pre-game tailgate party-only package can also be purchased separately for just $69 and includes hot buffet, beer/wine, entertainment, etc. Definitely consider purchasing if you want to attend this pre-game event with fellow Gophers right across the street from the stadium and access to this UMAA official pre-game tailgate was not already included as part of another charter package or your own travel package/plans that you have put together outside of anything associated with the UMAA. Here is a link to purchase and to more info if interested: http://www.groupminder.com/internet/resBasePak.cfm?cstId=100&evtId=20&evtName=2015%20Minnesota%20Buffalo%20Wild%20Wings%20Citrus%20Bowl&sessionId=GTTCSTINTER_100_2_17_3691554_78832638&CFID=3691554&CFTOKEN=78832638&browser=Google%20Chrome&redirect=1&js=1&res=1&pdf=7&ck=1

UMAA official pre-game tailgate party location:
Lorna Doone Park
1519 West Church Street
Orlando, FL 32805

Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lorna+Doone+Park/@28.5401716,-81.4008871,17z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x0:0xff7c4dacd9e112ca!2sLorna+Doone+Park!3m1!1s0x0:0xff7c4dacd9e112ca

Thanks for posting possibilities. We'll be looking for maroon & gold down there and this offers some possibilities.

My two adult sons and I are renting a car and heading down for the game. No hotel since we'll be (free) camping at Lake Panasoffkee which is part of the Southwest Florida Water Management District and an hour northeast of Orlando (cutting an hour off the main drive). Under $300/person "all in." So, there is a way to go on the cheap if you can stomach the drive and camping. Tent camping by a car will seem like a luxury compared to our annual Boundary Waters trip. Hope to see and meet a bunch of you at the game!

My two adult sons and I are renting a car and heading down for the game. No hotel since we'll be (free) camping at Lake Panasoffkee which is part of the Southwest Florida Water Management District and an hour northeast of Orlando (cutting an hour off the main drive). Under $300/person "all in." So, there is a way to go on the cheap if you can stomach the drive and camping. Tent camping by a car will seem like a luxury compared to our annual Boundary Waters trip. Hope to see and meet a bunch of you at the game!

This is cool. Just remember, gators love marshmallows so watch your back at the campfire.

This is cool. Just remember, gators love marshmallows so watch your back at the campfire.

If I was there, I wouldn't worry because I hate marshmallows. As long as alligators don't like beer, I would be ok.

Top Bottom