All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

I will get us back on the Chet track. SInce Monson we have lost the local talent to neighboring Big Ten schools. I hope Chet choose the U.

Guys like Suggs and Chet seek out testing their games. There is not a player in the Big 10 they would fear.
While I agree, seems like playing against top end talent has slowed Hurt's and Tre's path to the nba. Although Chet plays a lot bigger than his size, his frame has to be in question

While I agree, seems like playing against top end talent has slowed Hurt's and Tre's path to the nba. Although Chet plays a lot bigger than his size, his frame has to be in question
Interesting. I see Tre and Hurt's game right where i thought they would be. I thought Tre would win a national title though and that Hurt still might. Thought both had a shot at playing in the NBA someday. Wherever Chet goes he will get his NBA shot.

Last edited:

Shama chimes in:

Don’t look for megastar recruit Chet Holmgren from Minnehaha Academy to announce his college choice this year. While recruits and their families can tire of the relentless contact by recruiters, Holmgren’s father David told Sports Headliners his 7-foot, multi-positional son is unlikely to accept a college basketball scholarship during the fall signing period.

David Holmgren said the most informed decision can be made in the spring because of several factors. Those variables can include the job status of coaches, and transfers going in and out of programs.

Chet Holmgren, who may emerge next winter as the consensus top recruit in the nation for the class of 2021, has a list of seven schools he is focusing on including Minnesota. David, a former Gopher, said his son’s final choice will be “more up to him” than it will be a collaborative family decision.

Go Gophers!!

Shama chimes in:

Don’t look for megastar recruit Chet Holmgren from Minnehaha Academy to announce his college choice this year. While recruits and their families can tire of the relentless contact by recruiters, Holmgren’s father David told Sports Headliners his 7-foot, multi-positional son is unlikely to accept a college basketball scholarship during the fall signing period.

David Holmgren said the most informed decision can be made in the spring because of several factors. Those variables can include the job status of coaches, and transfers going in and out of programs.

Chet Holmgren, who may emerge next winter as the consensus top recruit in the nation for the class of 2021, has a list of seven schools he is focusing on including Minnesota. David, a former Gopher, said his son’s final choice will be “more up to him” than it will be a collaborative family decision.

Go Gophers!!
Wants to see if Pitino will still be around before he commits here 😅

Don't people make predictions all the time?

If someone is predicting that failing to adequately secure a promising recruiting class in 2021 plays a part in Pitino being relieved of his position, that doesn't need to be backed up with anything other than said person's gut feeling.

This is a message board full of people who mostly aren't connected to the program. Therefor everything we all say is mostly based on our (sometimes influenced by other) opinions.

Agree with your sentiment, everyone’s free to share. Quite boring otherwise.

If this current example was a prediction, fine, but it was stated as a failure that’s already occurred. I find it exhausting when predictions are rooted in dislike/dissatisfaction, rather than fact. As it stands, at least half of the incoming freshman will be 4 stars. Objectively, that is not a failure. But maybe that’s just my opinion.

Said it before. We have outrecruited national powers several times. Getting very good players has not been the issue.

Bossi released his probability on Holmgren from likely to least and he went,
Gonzaga, Ohio State, Georgetown, Minnesota, UNC.

That probably checks out, but if zags are lead, why wouldn't he commit now? Few not going anywhere.

That probably checks out, but if zags are lead, why wouldn't he commit now? Few not going anywhere.
No idea. Maybe loving OSU and wanting to see what other recruits go where. He has more leverage than most as some coaches hold spots which i think is a big mistake.

Weve started our 2021 recruiting class just fine. Still a long time to go to get great players. Not really worried.

Would be shocking to me that georgetown is in front of us. I may be wrong, but doesnt sound right at all. This is a guy that dad went here and gtown is in front of us? No way!

Are we not splitting hairs? Every program in Chet's top 5 have different things they can offer him, I don't think that there is a "most likely" and "least likely" tier list that can be made.

Are we not splitting hairs? Every program in Chet's top 5 have different things they can offer him, I don't think that there is a "most likely" and "least likely" tier list that can be made.
It is not we, it is Bossi. More plugged in, not his hobby, it is his job. More like a educated guess. If he felt that it is splitting hairs he would have said it was dead even, 20% on all five.

Don't you at least want to set foot on campus, in person, before making such a big decision?? I know I would.

(if he has already done that, then I retract my statement)

The summer between your sophomore and jr year is when most big timers make the visits. This kid knows where he is going and is waiting for the c19 roulette ball will stop prior to announcing. Could be the u

The summer between your sophomore and jr year is when most big timers make the visits. This kid knows where he is going and is waiting for the c19 roulette ball will stop prior to announcing. Could be the u
I was with you, until the last sentence. Lol no.

If you grew up in Minnesota, and you've become a 5* recruit in sports. That's almost universally regarded as a golden ticket to someplace the hell out of this state.

Top Bottom