All Things Braeden Carrington Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022; Gophers Commit)

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Our recent Q&A with Carrington:

GopherHole: I know that you visited Minnesota recently. What was that experience like?

Braeden Carrington: It was fun. I liked it a lot. The coaches, I liked them. They had high energy. Very engaged with what they were doing and saying. I liked the facilities. The gym. All of that. My mom really enjoyed the facilities, too. She likes how it is close to home and she liked the coaches, too.

GopherHole: I know that Coach Johnson has made it a priority to keep a lot of the top talent and in-state kids at Minnesota. Is that something that they talked to you about?

Braeden Carrington: Yes. He always talks to me, how he wants me to stay home. How if I stay home and after basketball, I’d be a pretty big name in Minnesota still. It is always something to think about after basketball, if I don’t go pro, I could have opportunities in Minnesota still just because I went to the “U.”

GopherHole: What other visits are you planning on taking here in the next month or so?

Braeden Carrington: This month, I might go to Arizona State for an unofficial, but I’m not too sure if I’ll do that. The rest of my visits will probably be later in the summer, like August or early fall.

GopherHole: What offers do you have right now?

Braeden Carrington: I have the “U,” Seton Hall, Missouri and Florida.

Full interview here: https://gopherhole.com/park-center-...gophers-visit-and-what-it-will-mean-to-go-d1/

Someone needs to tell the Papists that the MN borders are closed.

I've got a good feeling about next week.
The Strib article said he’s planning to decide in September (boo!) but also said the MN staff has been recruiting him the hardest (yay!). Things sit well for him but I don’t think we’ll hear about any commitment from him next week.

Hoping his visit goes well this week. I know he said September for a decision but I could see him pulling the trigger in the next couple weeks if he loves his visit.

for gopher sports, I think PJ sets the bar in regards to players committing.
So if he does not commit by end of this week, he’s going to look at other options obviously but it might mean our chances drop dramatically

Interesting list of schools. It’s all over the board……no reason for snark here. He might choose MN.

It will be an interesting dynamic today with recently offered SG Connor Essegian on campus today for an unofficial while Braeden is on his official. I wonder if they will cross paths during the team practice portion or at any time. Will Ben use this to pressure Braeden for a commitment?

Connor actually looks like a stud. He’s an extremely silky shooter and sneaky athletic. I like him as a prospect as well. He’s recently picked up some steam among high majors.

NEW FUTURECAST
Sean Williams forecasts Braeden Carrington (2022, 0-star SG) to Minnesota.
5h ago

I hope they update the rankings soon. Feels weird getting excited for some worried for others about a 0 star SG.

NEW FUTURECAST
Sean Williams forecasts Braeden Carrington (2022, 0-star SG) to Minnesota.
5h ago

I hope they update the rankings soon. Feels weird getting excited for some worried for others about a 0 star SG.
Screenshot_20210803-230913_Chrome.jpg
Offer list makes me think 0⭐ might be a little low.

Top Bottom