All Things Braeden Carrington Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022; Gophers Commit)

Hopefully you guys can lay off Coach BJ for a bit with the Carrington commitment. He comes in and establishes a good enough relationship in 5 months with a top instate recruit to get a verbal. If this doesn't get you excited for the future, I don't know what will.

I think those of us who have been following the recruiting closely had an idea this one was coming but now it’s blatant. Ben and staff have made it obvious already they have a great eye for identifying talent and getting in early.

I’m excited about this commitment and I think Mr. Payne will commit in the next month or so. Welcome aboard Braeden!! This is a really good get.

He has a Xavier offer. It would be very Minnesota Sports if he committed there despite not visiting.
And a huge middle finger up in the air at Minnesota if he did it while on an official visit here. I can't believe he, or anyone, would do that.

Good get for Ben. Adding a wing who can shoot and defend. Now can put his energy on filling other spots in the class.

NEW FUTURECAST
Sean Williams forecasts Braeden Carrington (2022, 0-star SG) to Minnesota.
5h ago

I hope they update the rankings soon. Feels weird getting excited for some worried for others about a 0 star SG.
Added one from Alex Carlson this morning. I have no idea who he is but I will 100% guarantee he is NOT a dink.

Man, this will be great if it does happen today. Sure looks like it’s a done deal.

And a huge middle finger up in the air at Minnesota if he did it while on an official visit here. I can't believe he, or anyone, would do that.
I think Josh Martin basically did this. Tweeted something like “Definitely know where I’m going now” while on a visit to Pitt before committing to Minnesota. Then of course he left Minnesota after just a few months.

This is an example of why i try to not look at "stars" and more of the offer list. He has interest offers from Florida/Vandy/Mizzou/Seton Hall. Those are all solid offers, sure he isnt ranked or 0 stars whatever, but clearly that is lagging behind.

This is an example of why i try to not look at "stars" and more of the offer list. He has interest offers from Florida/Vandy/Mizzou/Seton Hall. Those are all solid offers, sure he isnt ranked or 0 stars whatever, but clearly that is lagging behind.

That will surely be updated in the next month

Awesome get, we really needed some good news on the recruiting front!!

Kudos to Ben and staff for making Braeden a priority and really putting in the work. And kudos to Braeden for taking the leap of faith and becoming the first local kid to take the plunge.

Excited to hit a Park Center game next winter!!

I don’t think I’ve watched him play more than once but from what I’ve read a really solid get (assuming he commits). Nice start to the class, hopefully builds some momentum!

seems like a necessary win for BenJo and staff.

Awesome get, we really needed some good news on the recruiting front!!

Kudos to Ben and staff for making Braeden a priority and really putting in the work. And kudos to Braeden for taking the leap of faith and becoming the first local kid to take the plunge.

Excited to hit a Park Center game next winter!!
This would be a massive win.

I think Josh Martin basically did this. Tweeted something like “Definitely know where I’m going now” while on a visit to Pitt before committing to Minnesota. Then of course he left Minnesota after just a few months.
One difference there is that he had already visited MN so he had a reference point. As far as I can tell, Carrington has no official visits anywhere else, so to commit to a school he hasn't done an official with would be... odd.

I don’t think I’ve watched him play more than once but from what I’ve read a really solid get (assuming he commits). Nice start to the class, hopefully builds some momentum!

seems like a necessary win for BenJo and staff.
Have no clue if Carrington is a good get or not.

Agree with the take it was a necessary win for the head coach for reasons that are based solely on optics.

Do we have a time on this at all? I just saw today, I am starting to get anxious!

Didn't he take an offical to Colorado? He can't commit to Colorado while being on a visit here...

Didn't he take an offical to Colorado? He can't commit to Colorado while being on a visit here...
He has one scheduled for 2-3 weeks from now, probably a decent chance it gets canceled if he commits to Minnesota today.

Dang it, gotta have my phone off between noon and one. Looking forward to the “boom” tweet by Ben.

Huh? I don’t think I said it needed to be by august 1st.
I wasn't trying to imply you were. I was going for a joke to mock those that have been overly pessimistic in response to a positive post (which I agree with)

I believe it was Howeda that said he needed a commitment by 8/1

Top Bottom