All things biking.

From the American perspective, hard not to be excited about Matteo Jorgensen. Finishes 8th overall in the GC race and shockingly was 4th in the Time Trial today even though he crashed which cost him about 10-15 seconds.

A good future for an American rider! Sean Quinn had a pretty solid tour as well, helping Richard Carapaz to the Polka Dot jersey.

I'm currently spending a few days here in Duluth. Weather permitting I'll be getting rides in on the Munger trail and the Gitchi Gami section between Beaver Bay and Gooseberry Falls. I highly recommend the latter if you're interested in some great views as part of your ride.

Earlier this week I got a ride in on the Heart of the Lakes trail that runs between Perham and Maplewood State Park. The trail is in great shape and as the name implies runs you through a number of those nice Lakes out there. I also like the fact that it isn't straight and flat. I know the plan is to ultimately hook it up to the Central Lakes trail so a person could get a lot of miles in that way

Last edited:

Even with some of the big names not racing (Pogacar, Vingegaard, Remco), it's been a fairly entertaining Vuelta.

Shitty day today, with Wout van Aert crashing and having to abandon while leading both the Green and Polka Dot jersey competitions. He was on his way to hammering everyone in the Green jersey competition.

I expect Primos Roglic to finally catch Ben O'Connor in the next couple stages and also to put in a great TT effort on the final stage to win the Red jersey.

It may not have the big names but this Vuelta is turning out to be a pretty exciting race, wrapping up in the next 3 days; 2 mountain stages and a Time Trial on Sunday to close things out.

The podium couldn't be more wide open; I still like Roglic's chances but Enric Mas and Richard Carapaz aren't going to let him have it easily and who knows, maybe Ben O'Connor can find a time to hang on to the red jersey but I really doubt it.

Top Bottom