All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Speculation is fine and why the board is here.

Saying “bye Kirk” like a little B?

Pretending like it’s personal, when you’re just a TV fan? :rolleyes:

And yes, I actually go to some games each year, so my opinion matters more than TV fans opinions.
You got very personal with me last year for simply suggesting they may look receiver. You went off the rails.

Whatever, dude!

Mattison is gone. Smart decision. They can sign or draft someone cheaper who will also be much better.

Speculation is fine and why the board is here.

Saying “bye Kirk” like a little B?

Pretending like it’s personal, when you’re just a TV fan? :rolleyes:

And yes, I actually go to some games each year, so my opinion matters more than TV fans opinions.
No, your opinion matters none. You are a clown.

If Blank went on the record he would be fined or lose a draft pick for tampering.
Like I thought, he never said it.

Eric Klein is making up whatever he thinks will get his station ratings.

We all do? I don’t.

I’m not going to give Eric Klein’s TV station a view.
You know what dude. you need to chill out.

No one can say anything about Cousins without you throwing a fit about it. It need to stop and it need to stop now. You need to chill out dude.

Peoples have a right to say what they want about Cousins. If you don't like it then don't reply or quote there post. Get it in your head wiil you. You don't have a right to tell peoples off and that what you doing. You telling peoples off.

Last edited:

Dude go away will you. This is a message board. We have our right to say what we want. if you don't like it then don't reply. You were wrong in replying to howeda7 the way you did and you should remove the post. Yes Blank did not go on the record. but we all know he want Kirk Cousins so bad.

howeda7 has every right to say bye Kirk. If you don't like it then that too bad. But don't reply to him the way you did you were wrong in doing so.
There's a reason he's on everyone's ignore list. Not worth wasting time on.

Mattison is gone. Smart decision. They can sign or draft someone cheaper who will also be much better.
I was wrong about Mattison. I even tried blaming the offensive line. But Chandler and Akers played, and suddenly there were holes. Turned out it was Mattison's fault

No one can say anything about Cousins without you throwing a fit about it. It need to stop and it need to stop now.
What fit?

So you get to tell me to stop posting, but I can't post about the trashy anti-Cousins manure that you muck around here all the time?

Fat chance

Well, this would be an interesting trade. What would you think if we traded a 4th or 5th round pick for Zach Wilson? First instinct is I’m against it. But if the coach is convinced he’s worth the gamble, it’s something to ponder.
Zack Rosenblatt who covers the Jets beat for The Athletic. His reasoning:

"Kirk Cousins is a free agent, and Minnesota doesn’t have any young quarterbacks on the roster worth developing. In addition, quarterback-friendly coach (Kevin O’Connell) has a proven history of putting his QBs in position to succeed. This is the most intriguing potential destination."

Roseblatt put the Vikings at the top of a list he titled "Some teams that make varying degrees of sense,"
which also includes the Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Saints, Colts, Cardinals, Chargers, Eagles, Seahawks, Titans, Patriots and Buccaneers.

:ROFLMAO: Clickbait

Nope.

You made the false claim. Your burden to back it up.

Knowing your lying troll tactics, you'll now grab a post where I said they should take defense. That was not the claim. Your claim was I got personal with you and went off the rails.

False

I was wrong about Mattison. I even tried blaming the offensive line. But Chandler and Akers played, and suddenly there were holes. Turned out it was Mattison's fault
It wouldn't surprise me if he never plays again. It's harsh, but that's the NFL for RBs.

Nope.

You made the false claim. Your burden to back it up.

Knowing your lying troll tactics, you'll now grab a post where I said they should take defense. That was not the claim. Your claim was I got personal with you and went off the rails.

False
So you didn't tell me to quit posting on taking a receiver because of it being such a dumb take?

That's your claim?

I guess you basically said nothing on it.

I'm almost beginning to think you were still right even though they took a receiver.

So you didn't tell me to quit posting on taking a receiver because of it being such a dumb take?
I don’t remember if I said you were dumb to say that, but if I did that is hardly anything of the sort you’re claiming. Unless you’re saying you’re a snowflake? Doubtful

I guess you basically said nothing on it.
I did say more than nothing. Just not at all in the way you claimed a couple posts ago.

I'm almost beginning to think you were still right even though they took a receiver.
On this now completely separate topic:

there is a solid chance that had they taken a defensive player they would’ve won more games last year. The number of games the defense lost us later in the year, I’m thinking is greater than the number of games Addison won us.

He was a great rookie. Far better than I gave credit for initially. He did very well

Well, this would be an interesting trade. What would you think if we traded a 4th or 5th round pick for Zach Wilson? First instinct is I’m against it. But if the coach is convinced he’s worth the gamble, it’s something to ponder.

I thought about this as well. I would much rather take a flyer on Sam Howell, but I don't think the Redskins want to get rid of him. He'll probably hold the spot until whoever they draft is ready to step in.

My only concern about Wilson is between the ears, the non-football intangibles. I think I heard that he wasn't universally well-liked among teammates but maybe that was early on and a healthy dose of humility changed things?

From a talent standpoint, yes, he's worth a flyer Day 3 pick I think, provided that the powers that be did their due diligence on what kind of kid he is today and if he's even capable of being a real "leader" that he would need to be.

Don't laugh, but another idea could be Mac Jones; he's played some football, has some talent, and the fact that the 49ers, specifically Shanahan, were hot after him in the draft tells me that he would likely fit in KOC's offensive plans. It wouldn't be the worst thing they could do

I don’t remember if I said you were dumb to say that, but if I did that is hardly anything of the sort you’re claiming. Unless you’re saying you’re a snowflake? Doubtful

I did say more than nothing. Just not at all in the way you claimed a couple posts ago.

On this now completely separate topic:

there is a solid chance that had they taken a defensive player they would’ve won more games last year. The number of games the defense lost us later in the year, I’m thinking is greater than the number of games Addison won us.

He was a great rookie. Far better than I gave credit for initially. He did very well
snowflake??????..........you are crying about what is said about cousins and were crying about me saying they may take a receiver.

Great take!

Oh, and Addison was the man when Jefferson was out. He won us a few games. It's too bad we didn't take your defender. We'd have had 2 more losses and have the 4th pick. Oh, the options we would have.

the NFL off-season has replaced Soap Operas in the America Zeitgeist. "Who wants Kirk Cousins?" is the new version of "Who is going to be Erica's next husband?"

you have to hand it to the NFL. they own the freakin' world. the NBA is a distant second in generating "news" out of almost nothing with endless speculation about possible trades and/or free agent signings.

IMHO, it's like the stickers they used to put on the front panel of pinball machines - "For Amusement Purposes Only."

(I miss pinball arcades. If I was really rich, I'd have a couple of pinball machines in the house.)

the NFL off-season has replaced Soap Operas in the America Zeitgeist. "Who wants Kirk Cousins?" is the new version of "Who is going to be Erica's next husband?"

you have to hand it to the NFL. they own the freakin' world. the NBA is a distant second in generating "news" out of almost nothing with endless speculation about possible trades and/or free agent signings.

IMHO, it's like the stickers they used to put on the front panel of pinball machines - "For Amusement Purposes Only."

(I miss pinball arcades. If I was really rich, I'd have a couple of pinball machines in the house.)
I like the Twins, Timberwolves, and follow the Wild out of the corner of my eye. When their seasons are over I don't think much about it.

When gopher football and Vikings football are over, I'm sort of depressed. There is just something about football.

But - just to stir the pot - QB prospects talk to Vikings - from the Strib:

J.J. McCarthy, the national championship-winning quarterback out of Michigan, was among the many quarterbacks in this year's NFL Draft who walked into the Vikings' suite at Lucas Oil Stadium this week for a formal, 18-minute sitdown interview.

Quarterbacks at the scouting combine spoke with reporters on Friday, when McCarthy and ex-Washington Huskies quarterback Michael Penix Jr. said they were confident in how they came across to a Vikings contingent that included coach Kevin O'Connell, General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and new quarterbacks coach Josh McCown.

"Coach O'Connell led the whole thing," McCarthy said Friday. "Everything they talked about wanting out of a QB aligns with what I want. Just being able to get on the board with them, go through their plays, it was special."

Penix......spoke with more conviction about how his Vikings meeting unfolded.

"It was great," Penix said. "I feel like that's a good organization over there. They show a lot of good things, got a lot of good players as well. I felt very confident in that meeting."

(and this gem from Caleb Williams):

Williams said he has refused medical testing in Indianapolis, where all 32 teams typically get chances to evaluate everyone.

"Not 32 teams can draft me," Williams said. "There's only one of me. The teams I go to for my visits, those teams will have the medicals and that will be it."

you are crying about what is said about cousins and were crying about me saying they may take a receiver.
Where here “crying” is being greatly exaggerated for trolling effect.

Oh, and Addison was the man when Jefferson was out. He won us a few games.
A couple maybe. Doubtful more than that.

It's too bad we didn't take your defender. We'd have had 2 more losses
Doubtful. Easy reasonable case that they would’ve won more total games.

"Not 32 teams can draft me," Williams said. "There's only one of me. The teams I go to for my visits, those teams will have the medicals and that will be it."
The more that comes out about Williams, the more it sure sounds like his head might not be screwed on right. Kyler Murray 2.0? If I were the Bears, I'd still draft him as he's the best prospect (IMO), but there appears to be some arrogance and/or stupidity there that may not be fixable.

But - just to stir the pot - QB prospects talk to Vikings - from the Strib:

J.J. McCarthy, the national championship-winning quarterback out of Michigan, was among the many quarterbacks in this year's NFL Draft who walked into the Vikings' suite at Lucas Oil Stadium this week for a formal, 18-minute sitdown interview.

Quarterbacks at the scouting combine spoke with reporters on Friday, when McCarthy and ex-Washington Huskies quarterback Michael Penix Jr. said they were confident in how they came across to a Vikings contingent that included coach Kevin O'Connell, General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and new quarterbacks coach Josh McCown.

"Coach O'Connell led the whole thing," McCarthy said Friday. "Everything they talked about wanting out of a QB aligns with what I want. Just being able to get on the board with them, go through their plays, it was special."

Penix......spoke with more conviction about how his Vikings meeting unfolded.

"It was great," Penix said. "I feel like that's a good organization over there. They show a lot of good things, got a lot of good players as well. I felt very confident in that meeting."

(and this gem from Caleb Williams):

Williams said he has refused medical testing in Indianapolis, where all 32 teams typically get chances to evaluate everyone.

I like JJ McCarthy, I have to admit. I'm not sure what draft pick he warrants but at the end of the day, if the Vikings are convinced he's their guy, I'm okay with whatever they decide to do. The off-field, intangible stuff with McCarthy just sounds through the roof; incredible leader, knowledge of the game, what his teammates say about him, what coaches say about him, etc.

I thought about this as well. I would much rather take a flyer on Sam Howell, but I don't think the Redskins want to get rid of him. He'll probably hold the spot until whoever they draft is ready to step in.

My only concern about Wilson is between the ears, the non-football intangibles. I think I heard that he wasn't universally well-liked among teammates but maybe that was early on and a healthy dose of humility changed things?
Live from NYC-

Wilson was ripped late in the season, again.both in local print and also on a game telecast; bored on a Sunday, ll watch ✈️ futility to feel better about myself - childish, sure, but incredibly effective. I’m also too thrifty to pay extra for the Purple.

They said on the telecast he had a poor grasp of the playbook, was habitually late to meetings and had zero respect amongst his teammates. It was shocking to me cause they BBQ’d with such gusto during an NFL game. I don’t recall ever seeing that prior. as the color guys try to shield players to some extent.

Hard pass for me on him.

Jones was a Pro Bowler his rookie season and I think could thrive in the right system/environment. Intriguing for the right price.

The Jets line was horrific, as weee the Patriots “skill” players.

From a talent standpoint, yes, he's worth a flyer Day 3 pick I think, provided that the powers that be did their due diligence on what kind of kid he is today and if he's even capable of being a real "leader" that he would need to be.

Don't laugh, but another idea could be Mac Jones; he's played some football, has some talent, and the fact that the 49ers, specifically Shanahan, were hot after him in the draft tells me that he would likely fit in KOC's offensive plans. It wouldn't be the worst thing they could do

Last edited:

Zach Wilson and Mac Jones are terrible. They are backup QBs at best.

I would have no issues with the Vikings taking McCarthy at 11. I think he might end up being the best QB in the draft.
At the very least I don't think there's as big of a gap between him and the top 3 guys as some are making it out to be.

McCarthy seems like boom or bust.

At this point in my life........go for it.

Top Bottom