All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

strictly a guess on my part - but I suspect the issue with Bellichick comes down to how much control he would have over personnel decisions. And let's face it, Bill is not the cheeriest personality in the world. so you're talking about hiring an older, grumpy guy who wants to be in charge of everything. I can understand why some teams may not see him as an ideal fit.

I agree with Michael Lombardi on this one, a lot of this is about "guarding your desk", or protecting your own ass/job. Rich McKay has an enormous amount of influence with Arthur Blank in Atlanta, despite the team trying to tell everyone that he's not that hand's on. Rich McKay wants nothing to do with Belichick coming in and being successful, making McKay more irrelevant.

There is serious disfunction in some of these organizations and a lot of decisions are made by people to simply keep their own job, don't bring in someone who will threaten their job. Someone like Belichick, coming in and winning, would be a threat to some of these guys, it's as simple as that. Doesn't have that much to do with how much control they want or influence, people are just worried about their own jobs.

Debo is good to go with zero restrictions.
49ers by 10+.

Heard the Lions might make up 20-25% of the fans at Levi Stadium/or whatever they call it.

I went to one game at Levi a couple years ago. I really wasn't impressed at all, and it certainly wasn't a massive home field advantage. It had a big business casual, corporate feel, not exactly packed with a rabid fan base. The stadium is in a weird location, relative to San Francisco, and my limited experience was it wasn't super accessible.

I wouldn't want to call it "home" for my favorite team, I would say that.

Peter King has a big piece on Kirk Cousins.

He said Cousins won't come back to Minnesota on a 1 year deal and he also said Cousins would most likely want a two years, $90 million deal fully guaranteed deal.

Last edited:

“A lot of people are going to say, ‘Wow, he’s going to be 36 [years old] next year, coming off a torn Achilles. Do we want to commit to him for two years,’” King said. “I would if I were a team. But we’re also talking two years, $90 million, which is excessive. But it’s also the market. So I’m not saying it’s a bad deal or a bad idea.”

He said Cousins won't come back to Minnesota on a 1 year deal and he also said Cousins would most likely want a two years, $90 million deal fully guaranteed deal.
Ha, that's laughable. I've been thinking 2 years and $60-70MM would be fair and a good deal for both sides. No one is giving a 36-year-old QB coming off a major season-ending injury that kind of money. I hope for Cousins' sake that King pulled that number out of his ass, because Cousins will be waiting forever if he's holding out for that. And either way, we should be drafting a first-round QB this year (at #11 or moving up), but it would be better to have him learn behind Cousins for 2 years. It's not going to happen at that asking price or anything remotely close.

Discussion over.
Indeed: any Vikings game from here on out that Cousins is the starter, you aren’t allowed to watch.

If you do, it just proves how big of a gutless coward you are.

I think most signs are pointing that way. It makes sense, this is the draft to make a move for a long term QB. It'll likely be a much better QB draft than next years.

If they move up, I hope it's to take Daniels. It's possible they could stay put and take JJ McCarthy who I really like long term. Either way I think Kirk is gone and the Vikings will start a rookie QB next season.

I think Daniels is not going to go anywhere near as high as some people think.

I think Michael Pratt of Tulane is going to go a lot higher than people think.

I also think JJ McCarthy goes a little higher than some think.

I think Daniels is not going to go anywhere near as high as some people think.

I think Michael Pratt of Tulane is going to go a lot higher than people think.

I also think JJ McCarthy goes a little higher than some think.

Why on Daniels? Some are starting to think he goes 2, ahead of Maye.

Why on Daniels? Some are starting to think he goes 2, ahead of Maye.

I guess opinions could have changed dramatically over the last month of the season. It could be smoke but I was listening to a podcast the other day where some scouts at an LSU game in November, one was saying 3rd round for him, the other was saying 4th round. I obviously don't think he goes that low, but I don't know if he could rise THAT far?

Everyone just speculating at this point. Mocks in January, completely worthless.

I guess opinions could have changed dramatically over the last month of the season. It could be smoke but I was listening to a podcast the other day where some scouts at an LSU game in November, one was saying 3rd round for him, the other was saying 4th round. I obviously don't think he goes that low, but I don't know if he could rise THAT far?

Everyone just speculating at this point. Mocks in January, completely worthless.

I think you should stop listening to whatever podcast you're listening to.

Daniels will be in the top 3 of QBs taken.

I’m a big Cousins guy but even I wouldn’t touch that.

As I’m watching KC, I’m reminded how much their success is because of Reid. Mahomes is incredible, don’t get me wrong. But Mahomes consistently averages one of the lowest air yards per pass in the league. Sometimes significantly lower than “check down” Cousins as some like to call him. A lot of their success is from the creativity of the play calling.

If we decide to go with a rookie, we need to look at a lot more of these short passes near the LOS. I think KOC’s offense involves way too many long developing plays.

How many times did Kelce even line up tight, this last drive of the half??

I don’t watch NFL much outside Vikings and don’t remember from when we nearly beat them earlier in the season.

And did they even run the ball during the drive??

All these whiny asses about the Vikings not running the ball enough.

How many times did Kelce even line up tight, this last drive of the half??

I don’t watch NFL much outside Vikings and don’t remember from when we nearly beat them earlier in the season.

And did they even run the ball during the drive??

All these whiny asses about the Vikings not running the ball enough.
I placed a good sized wager on the Over for Kelce with 5.5 receptions. It wasn't much of a sweat. 😀

Indeed: any Vikings game from here on out that Cousins is the starter, you aren’t allowed to watch.

If you do, it just proves how big of a gutless coward you are.
Can't he use your rules where you weren't going to watch the last game against Detroit, yet did so anyway.

NFL parity is so overstated imo
Parity is the salary cap and all those things that put every franchise on a level playing field to start.

Results have to do with getting lucky having the right players, the right coaching staff, etc. Has nothing to do with parity. Trying to lump in results, is a false definition of parity.

I think you should stop listening to whatever podcast you're listening to.

Daniels will be in the top 3 of QBs taken.

He could very well be. I'm just saying that as of relatively later in the regular season, scouts weren't all that high on him. At the end of the day, it only takes ONE to fall in love with him for him to get picked high

I didn’t watch it, once it didn’t matter.

Even going into that day there was a tiny chance.
Bandwagon fan

Oh, and it didn't matter, but you still wanted to win so we could drop 6 spots.

Don't quite your day job.

Actual, VALID example of the defense earning the touchback.

Night and day different from the BS fumbling out of bounds rule.

Damn, this Flowers idiot for the ravens..........catches the deep ball and then taunts for a 15 yarder. Then fumbles at the half yard line.

Last edited:

Top Bottom