All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

This is a knee-jerk reaction on my part, but...

... Russell Wilson at a huge discount (because Denver is stuck with the rest of the tab)?

Sign me up.

I know, I know... he looked like a broken-down version of his former self in Denver. And yet, to me he looked a lot less broken-down than Peyton Manning looked when he won a Super Bowl with the Broncos.

A veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring is nothing to sneeze at. He might make contributions on the field and in a leadership capacity as well.

I like Cousins a lot, but I can understand the argument that he might be over-priced at this stage of his career.

This is a knee-jerk reaction on my part, but...

... Russell Wilson at a huge discount (because Denver is stuck with the rest of the tab)?

Sign me up.

I know, I know... he looked like a broken-down version of his former self in Denver. And yet, to me he looked a lot less broken-down than Peyton Manning looked when he won a Super Bowl with the Broncos.

A veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring is nothing to sneeze at. He might make contributions on the field and in a leadership capacity as well.

I like Cousins a lot, but I can understand the argument that he might be over-priced at this stage of his career.
Draft your guy, and get him started.

Russell Wilson is a waste of time.

Draft your guy, and get him started.

Russell Wilson is a waste of time.

But if you get Russell Wilson at a bargain (to say the least) rate, there's nothing to prevent you from drafting your young QB as well... and maybe have cap space to get some key free agents.

And despite these decent numbers, the Broncos were willing to deal with an 85 million dead cap just to get rid of him.

That tells you all you need to know. 'Mr Unlimited' only cares about himself and is a complete locker room cancer.

Could be.

There were rumors that the Broncos pressured Wilson to make changes to his contract, and Russ refused. If that's true, I don't blame Wilson for telling the team, "Uhhhh... no."

Say what you will about Wilson's performance as a Bronco, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's been pretty damn good over the course of his long career. He has every right to his leverage now.

Also, it leaves the Vikings with an opportunity to take advantage of this unusual situation.

Last edited:

No Cousins, no Hunter. Without Cousins, it's almost certainly a "reset year" and if it is, there is zero sense in keeping Hunter around.
100% correct. Let him go, draft a better, younger guy.

Vikings very well could draft the first defensive player taken in the 2024 draft at #11.

Could be.

There were rumors that the Broncos pressured Wilson to make changes to his contract, and Russ refused. If that's true, I don't blame Wilson for telling the team, "Uhhhh... no."

Say what you will about Wilson's performance as a Bronco, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's been pretty damn good over the course of his long career. He has every right to his leverage now.

Also, it leaves the Vikings with an opportunity to take advantage of this unusual situation.

Cousins is by far a better QB than Wilson, and if Vikings want the best chance of winning next season, then they will find a way to resign Kirk.

You don't bring in a cancerous QB like Wilson to mentor a young 1st round draft pick. If the Vikings don't resign Cousins, they will draft a QB with their 1st pick and he will be your starter next season.

Maybe the fans will get the full rebuild they want after all.
Very few true fans (who pay money to actually go to games, whose opinions actually matter) want a "full" rebuild.

That's TV fans with no skin in the game.

Cousins is by far a better QB than Wilson, and if Vikings want the best chance of winning next season, then they will find a way to resign Kirk.

You don't bring in a cancerous QB like Wilson to mentor a young 1st round draft pick. If the Vikings don't resign Cousins, they will draft a QB with their 1st pick and he will be your starter next season.
This is exactly what the Vikings are gonna do.

Could be.

It also shows the power Payton has - he basically got crate blanche after Hackett and if he’s going to fail, he’s going to fail with his guy.

Scheffler also said all the negative crap coming out from Denver, was just that crap, as he is one of the most positive players he’s ever met.

Last edited:

PFT and Mike Florio are quite respected and they have some good MIN sources.
This is true.

And, the industry doesn't give a Flying-F about "truth". There is no truth. Clicks are truth

Top Bottom