All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Last seven games, prior to his bases clearing double in the first, his line in the last seven

There’s snow on the roof, but there’s still fire in the furnace.

Kyle Farmer is endearing himself to his many fans.
two hits today. after the first hit, got picked off 1st base
after the 2nd hit, thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double. two outs on the basepaths.

full disclosure - I forgot it was a day game. Twins were up 5-1 when I realized the game was underway. (now 5-2)

I would push it until he started showing signs that he could not get the job done. This organization seems to be steadfast in its belief that past performance is a guarantee of future results. I really don't understand how you make much progress under that philosophy.
I saw somewhere yesterday that Twins relievers are terrible in inherited run situations. I'm not sure how they know because they almost never give them the chance.

Kyle Farmer is endearing himself to his many fans.
two hits today. after the first hit, got picked off 1st base
after the 2nd hit, thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double. two outs on the basepaths.

full disclosure - I forgot it was a day game. Twins were up 5-1 when I realized the game was underway. (now 5-2)
I’m watching the game and one where he got thrown out at second was an absolute good risk to take.

He hit it into the gap in right center and the Rockies CF, caught the ball on one hop in his bare hand and threw him out at second, while throwing across his body - Morneau and Ploffue were awestruck at what a Web Gem it was.

It took a perfect play to get him out at second and with two outs, trying to get into scoring position, so you can score on a single, is a good baseball move on my book.

The pickoff at first was a play he should be fined by their 🦘 Court.

Would have been nice to see Lopez rebound from a bad start in NY to give them a little more, but he's at 91 pitches through 5 and they have a hefty lead, so I assume he's done at 5 innings.

Rolls Baby

They also showed comparisons of Lewis compared to All Times Twins greats through 80 games and Royce’s stats dwarf all of them - it wasn’t a close comparison.

Last edited:

Would have been nice to see Lopez rebound from a bad start in NY to give them a little more, but he's at 91 pitches through 5 and they have a hefty lead, so I assume he's done at 5 innings.
FWIW

He was laboring today/not sharp, pulling him after 5 wasn’t a stretch, by any means.

God, I hate our lefty relievers. I have no confidence in Okert or Thielbar. Thielbar misses a few bats but every hitter looks comfortable against Okert. Actually liked Funderburke better. Not sure what that says.

God, I hate our lefty relievers. I have no confidence in Okert or Thielbar. Thielbar misses a few bats but every hitter looks comfortable against Okert. Actually liked Funderburke better. Not sure what that says.
Okert’s first bad outing in a while, he had a sub 3 ERA before today’s outing,

could be worse.....could be raining.........oh, snap.

radar looks like it should work through pretty quickly, and that field drains very well, so they should be able to finish.

on relief pitchers like Okert or Theilbar, they can have a number of solid outings in a row, but one bad outing skews their stats. Okert in his last five outings before today had allowed 2 hits and 0 runs in 4-2/3 innings. looking back further he had allowed a run in only 1 of his previous 11 outings.

could be worse.....could be raining.........oh, snap.

radar looks like it should work through pretty quickly, and that field drains very well, so they should be able to finish.

on relief pitchers like Okert or Theilbar, they can have a number of solid outings in a row, but one bad outing skews their stats. Okert in his last five outings before today had allowed 2 hits and 0 runs in 4-2/3 innings. looking back further he had allowed a run in only 1 of his previous 11 outings.
The radar showed two little cells that looked like Target Field would fall right in between them. Then around 494 they converged into on cell right over Target Field.

Glad Theilbar is Bach out today, hope he can work through some things today and start to get back on track.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work; maybe he needs some time on the IL to get his head right.

Last edited:

So much for that idea.
Trying something especially in any sport doesn’t ensure success.

Giving him another shot with a solid lead, is a good idea in my book, doesn’t mean it will be successful, but I can’t imagine a better spot in a game to give him another chance, can you?

I’ve tried many things that haven’t worked and many which have in life (when you bat 1000%, let me know); nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Last edited:

He certainly orchestrated another disaster of an outing.
So what’s your solution???

I find it comical that everyone slams these moves and rarely, in my experience, offers another solution - backseat 🚙

Additionally. We’ve scored ten runs and who says we’re not gonna score more??

Correra, Lewis and Miranda just got two back! How’s the backseat now?

I find it comical that everyone slams these moves and rarely, in my experience, offers another solution - backseat 🚙

I think all we're saying is we could use a better option. Maybe they have to trade for it. If you're serious about winning it all (I know that's a whole other story), you do what you have to do to strengthen your team.
I'd trade Keplar, Larnach or Kiriloff, whichever gets you the best reliever.

Last edited:

I don't dispute putting Theilbar back in was the right decision, but his performance indicates the solution is probably to look for another lefthanded reliver from "somewhere". If he wasn't on double secret probation before today, he has to be now.

Fortunately, the sticks picked him up in the bottom of the 8th.

I thought "word play" was music to your ears??? 🙂

I think all we're saying is we could use a better option. Maybe they have to trade for it. If you're serious about winning it all (I know that's a whole nother story), you do what you have to do to strengthen your team.
I'd trade Keplar, Larnach or Kiriloff, whichever gets you the best reliever.

Of course, trading him 🤣🤣🤣, wasn’t yours or any one else’s nor my post previously and when I asked you a simple question, as to when a better chance to give him another opportunity (?) of course you don’t answer the question

and instead move the goal posts, to prove you’re right (?) - You Win Champ 💪.

All I’m saying is that it doesn’t hurt to have a modicum of patience once I a while, does it?

Several on the board wanted Santana and Margot run out on rails earlier this year (just like Kepler last first half) and without Kepler’s second half, we don’t accomplish what we did last season.

Santana and Margot have been some of our best hitters the last two weeks.

Theilbar has been an excellent member of the bullpen the last 3-4 years, so like at any office, the manager cuts the tenured employees a little extra slack. Plus good lefthand relievers don’t grow on 🌴

After today, they have more data to make an informed decision, never a bad position to be in, based on my experience.

There haven’t been any trades of note yet, as the trade deadline is July 30 - this might be an opportunity to work on your patience 😉 and maybe they want to win as much as you do😃

Last edited:

I don't dispute putting Theilbar back in was the right decision, but his performance indicates the solution is probably to look for another lefthanded reliver from "somewhere". If he wasn't on double secret probation before today, he has to be now.

Fortunately, the sticks picked him up in the bottom of the 8th.
Per my post above, I’m glad he got another chance and now they have more data to move forward with their decision with him. He’s been giving the deference due to a veteran of his status.

I forgot we got a bunch of Noem’s on here: poor 🐶.

Patience is seldom a mistake in my experience.

Last edited:

I thought "word play" was music to your ears??? 🙂

Ahhhhhhhhhh

I doff my 🧢 to you.

You good sir, are number 1 on the leaderboard and the rest of us are just scuffling for second place.

Well played and thanks for the laughs - I needed them as I was channeling my inner Brian McCann - board baseball douchebag!!

Last edited:

Of course, trading him 🤣🤣🤣, wasn’t yours or any one else’s point nor mine previously and when I asked you a simple question, as to when a better chance to give him another chance (?) and of course you don’t answer the question (pro tip: there probably isn’t) and instead move the goal posts, to prove you’re right - You Win Champ 💪.

All I’m saying is that it doesn’t hurt to have a modicum of patience once I a while, does it?

Several on the board wanted Santana and Margot run out on rails earlier this year (just like Kepler last first half) and without Kepler’s second half, we don’t accomplish what we did last season.

Santana and Margot have been some of our best hitters the last two weeks.

Theilbar has been an excellent member of the bullpen the last 3-4 years, so like at any office, the manager cuts the tenured employees a little extra slack. Plus good lefthand relievers don’t grow on 🌴

After today, they have more data to make an informed decision, never a bad position to be in, based on my experience.

There haven’t been any trades of note yet, as the trade deadline is July 30 - this might be an opportunity to work on your patience 😉 and maybe they want to win as much as you do😃
I stand by my post.

No, you win champ, though your condescending remarks wear a little thin at times.

Just a sports message board. Everybody is entitled to there opinions.

✌️

Top Bottom