All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I am not back, but if you’re gonna pay Farmer $6.3million for defense he better make that play. Otherwise go get Donny Barrels.

every pitcher is going to have bad outings - it's the nature of the beast. But, I was surprised that they threw Thielbar in a game on his first day back from the IL - and in a higher-leverage situation right off the bat. would have thought they would try to ease him back in - let him work a 6th or 7th inning.

and then Jax couldn't pick him up. when you have poor outings by two relief pitchers in the same game, that makes it tough - especially when the hitters are still scuffling.

on the plus side - good outing for Ober.

Sign Solano tomorrow. The offense is still brutal. Wallner needs to go down ASAP. Santana and Farmer are bringing nothing.

interesting article about how one entity has gobbled up 32 of the 120 MLB affiliated minor league teams and how it’s challenging the landscape on the farm.

Yep, long gone are the small, quaint community owned teams. It's all big business now.

I'm very biased of course but I enjoyed small communities with decades (or in some cases nearly a century) of baseball history being a part of the minor leagues.

Yep, long gone are the small, quaint community owned teams. It's all big business now.

I'm very biased of course but I enjoyed small communities with decades (or in some cases nearly a century) of baseball history being a part of the minor leagues.

They’re looking to grab every last nickel they can. 🥲

I’m not back.
Over $11million between him and Farmer. Add in Gallo’s $11million last year and this front office has set some money of fire with no results. Maybe that’s just the cost of doing business for the twins and trying to fight on the aggregate and on the cheap.

I’m not back.
Over $11million between him and Farmer. Add in Gallo’s $11million last year and this front office has set some money of fire with no results. Maybe that’s just the cost of doing business for the twins and trying to fight on the aggregate and on the cheap.
And 30 million for Vazquez, who makes Sandy Leon look like Vince Coleman on the basepaths.

I’m not back.
And 30 million for Vazquez, who makes Sandy Leon look like Vince Coleman on the basepaths.

Never should have never let the 🐢 go - a panacea to all of the above mentioned woes.

Last edited:

Never should have let the 🐢 go - a panacea to all of the above mentioned woes.
They should have kept CJ Cron in 2019 as opposed to the revolving door 1st base has been. They also could have just let Kiriloff play 1st and not worry about defense as first as there are much bigger problems on the team than that.

They should have kept CJ Cron in 2019 as opposed to the revolving door 1st base has been. They also could have just let Kiriloff play 1st and not worry about defense as first as there are much bigger problems on the team than that.

I wonder what the 🐢 is up to?

Still huffing/puffing & raking (?) in the Mexican League apparently -

I'm going to keep pummeling this deceased equine, but why in the world is Vazquez the DH tonight? I assume he'll go 4-5 with 6 RBI, but I don't get why they would call up Carmago just to make him sit on the bench.

I'm going to keep pummeling this deceased equine, but why in the world is Vazquez the DH tonight? I assume he'll go 4-5 with 6 RBI, but I don't get why they would call up Carmago just to make him sit on the bench.
My guess is because Vazquez has gone 6 for 12 against Cole Irvin over his career.

I would like to see Carmago get a chance though. He put up good numbers at St Paul last year.

The spreadsheet says ...

As usual, I'll take the glass half full approach with the Twins:

Lewis hurt in game 1, Correa and Kepler now hurt. Buxton, Wallner, Santana and just about everyone else has sucked.

The Twins have faced five teams that have a combined 43-22 record against other teams.

It could be much worse than 6-8 right now.

As usual, I'll take the glass half full approach with the Twins:

Lewis hurt in game 1, Correa and Kepler now hurt. Buxton, Wallner, Santana and just about everyone else has sucked.

The Twins have faced five teams that have a combined 43-22 record against other teams.

It could be much worse than 6-8 right now.

Cool I’ll have the other half.

Twins lineup: 0 players hitting over .245
Orioles lineup: 5 players hitting over .280

Varland needs to develop another pitch, otherwise he should be in the pen.

How safe is Varland, given today and what SWR did Saturday? (I realize the O's are much more potent than the Tigers).

Varland needs to develop another pitch, otherwise he should be in the pen.

Develop a change up.

The cutter and sinker are also hard, just like your fastball - you ain’t going to blow it by them in The Show.

They should sit him down and tell him if he wants a chance to be an MLB starter, he has to develop a change up or you can be a one inning 6/7 innings guy out of the pen.
Time to be a professional Louis.

Top Bottom