All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I just can't understand how an entire team can be in a big slump at the plate at the same time. It's illogical.

Texas had a stretch where they went 4-16 in late August and early Sept last year yet still won it all. There's still time to figure things out.
I remember three weeks ago, when we were17 games over and you and I were giddy over the offense /and now I’m not watching them, until this silly season is over.

If there’s one good thing to come out of fiasco , we won’t have to listen to Provis wax poetically about Lewis doesn't do slumps any longer😃. I’m in small victory mode now.

Last edited:

As astute baseball observer Jim Pohlad once said, it's a total system failure.

What will be solution for 2025? Cut payroll even more and run it back with Falvine and Rocco most likely.

Sigh.

As astute baseball observer Jim Pohlad once said, it's a total system failure.

What will be solution for 2025? Cut payroll even more and run it back with Falvine and Rocco most likely.

Sigh.
Rocco has a contract for next year. Tightwads aren't going to pay him and someone else. He's safe (unfortunately).

I'm not a big Gleeman fan, but numbers are numbers. when the Twins were playing well, the batters were not chasing out of the zone and not striking out as much.

now, they're chasing out of the zone and striking out a lot.

only way to get out of this is one at-bat at a time. being more disciplined - better pitch recognition.

I get the feeling the Twins have a lot of "guess" hitters, and they're just not getting the pitches they are looking for. then, if they do get their pitch, they're fouling it off or hitting it off the end of the bat.

to quote the great Joe Schultz, manager of the late, lamented Seattle Pilots,

"They're so tight you couldn't pull a needle out of their ass with a tractor."

I'm not a big Gleeman fan, but numbers are numbers. when the Twins were playing well, the batters were not chasing out of the zone and not striking out as much.

only way to get out of this is one at-bat at a time. being more disciplined - better pitch recognition.

I get the feeling the Twins have a lot of "guess" hitters, and they're just not getting the pitches they are looking for. then, if they do get their pitch, they're fouling it off or hitting it off the end of the bat.

Strikeouts and runs per game by month:

March/April: 9.34 & 4.59
May: 7.75 & 4.32
June: 6.81 & 5.56
July: 8.26 & 4.83
August: 8.07 & 4.75
September so far: 9.22 & 2.44

My favorite character in Ball Four. Let's pound some Bud.

Pretty amazing how our offense continues to improve; the above bolded numbers are from two weeks ago and we continue to soar up the charts, like a great summer jam.

In looking for this post, I came across one where our team BA was .196 before playing the Mighty Whities in April, when we swept them.

Twins O (MLB Rankings) through 6/27

Avg. (10) W/.249
HRs (6) W/96
OPS (5) W/.744
Runs (6) W/392

Great to see Buck’s swing rounding into form and his ability to carry us offensively still exists (I was worried). And watching him fly around the bases is a thing of beauty.
This seems like a century ago (when we were in the Top 10 Big 4 Offensive Categories (per the above post) -we were in Top 5 at the AS break, the only MLB team at that point, fortunately I didn’t bookmark that one-

There’s only one song that fits this melancholy post (my Twins boycott is on Day 4, mental health returning, I 🧐) -

Last edited:

The bleeding has been temporarily stopped by a Kyle Farmer homerun and the return of the rally sausage.

Jeffers is starting at C in back-to-back games for the 3rd time this season.

That one's for you Howie.

I naturally picked up Canning as a streamer for my fantasy playoffs knowing how bad the Twins bats have been lately. You’re welcome fellow Twins fans.

Tigers, KC and Cleveland all won. Red Sox lost.

Twins still 3 gms up on Detroit for the 3rd wild-card spot.

It's just one game, but for a team in a terrible slump, has to feel good for one night to put up a lot of runs. now, need to come back and do it again on Wednesday.

looking ahead,
Detroit plays Colorado Weds & Thurs, then faces Baltimore over the weekend.
KC plays 1 more with the Yankees, then starts a series with the Pirates on Friday.
Cleveland plays the Whiteys on Weds, then faces Tampa Bay.
Red Sox wrap up with Orioles on Weds, then play the Yankees.

If the Tigers stay close go into the last week, they have a good shot. Their last 6 games are against Tampa and Chicago.

Top Bottom