All Things 2024 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

Yep, has to be a salary dump. He's scheduled to make $2.5MM this year and $4.5MM in two years. He averaged less than a point this last season.

Howl Wolves!!
Yeah, the Wolves are a second apron luxury tax team.

Trading him will save the Wolves around $20 million per year in luxury tax penalties. I'd also imagine McLaughlin and Morris are gone. As for Kyle Anderson, he'd be difficult to bring back - good teams would find a way.

You think there should be a lot of C to F grades in the 1st round of the draft? I've seen 4-5 in most of the summaries. Wonder how many C-F grades are given for the NFL 1st Round? The MLB Draft? Don't know about that but I'd think that most of the analysts for that draft haven't seen the majority of the draftees play.
The analysts are also less likely to give out poor grades because they don't want to burn bridges with their team "sources."

Like most people on here, I'm basically a YouTube draft expert.

I like the Shannon Jr. pick a lot because he has an NBA body, plays aggressively, apparently plays defense and has skills. An excellent value at 27. I'm less enamored with the Dillingham pick. 165lbs players generally don't fare well in the NBA because the game is now almost football without pads. I hope he can get to 190lbs to survive the physicality. Dillingham blew by everybody at KY. Not so easy at the next level. You would think a KY back court of Sheppard and Dillingham would be FF, but they didn't win the SEC.

Like most people on here, I'm basically a YouTube draft expert.

I like the Shannon Jr. pick a lot because he has an NBA body, plays aggressively, apparently plays defense and has skills. An excellent value at 27. I'm less enamored with the Dillingham pick. 165lbs players generally don't fare well in the NBA because the game is now almost football without pads. I hope he can get to 190lbs to survive the physicality. Dillingham blew by everybody at KY. Not so easy at the next level. You would think a KY back court of Sheppard and Dillingham would be FF, but they didn't win the SEC.
This isn't the 1980's NBA. Your point is move valid in the playoffs, but the regular season is more like touch football than tackle football. Dillingham is 6'-3" and only 19 years old. Looking at his frame, I'd be surprised if they couldn't get him up to 185 within a couple years. Jaden McDaniels is 6'-9", 185lbs. Chet Holmgren is 7'-1", 207lbs. Both look like a strong breeze could topple them and they're doing just fine. With Dillingham playing at PG, his weight is the least of my concern. There are very few Doncic's in the league to worry about defending him.

I'd be much more concerned with his defense. With his quickness, it should just be a motivation issue, which hopefully Finch can remedy. But some dudes just don't want to put in the work; hopefully he does.

* Dillingham used his NIL money from Kentucky to buy a new house for his mom AND a new house for his sister and her children.

* According to a Wolves "insider", we had Dillingham #1 on our Draft board that factored in skill level, future development and positional team needs.

* Some comparisons for Dillingham include DeAaron Fox, Sam Cassell, Jason Terry and Lou Williams.

* His defensive liabilities are certainly a concern but our scheme uses the PG to rotate on perimeter shooters and this kid can run for days. (Do you ever remember seeing Conley in the paint on defense?)

* If you average more than 15 ppg in college hoops coming off the bench, you can score the freakin' basketball in a multitude of ways.

* Kentucky SG Justin Edwards was considered the #1 overall pick in the 2024 Draft by many scouting services entering his freshman season last Fall. He just went undrafted.

so according to various sources, these players so far have been announced or rumored for the Wolves Summer League Roster.

PG: Rob Dillingham, Daishen Nix
SG: Josh Minnott, Jaylen Clark
SF: Terrence Shannon Jr., Tyler Wahl
PF: Leonard Miller, Jaedon LeDee
C: Jesse Edwards

LeDee is from San Diego State. Jesse Edwards is a big man from West Virginia who has reportedly signed a 2-way contract. Tyler Wahl - well you know who he is.

more players will be announced before Summer League play begins July 12th.

will be interesting to see Clark in action after he sat out most of the season rehabbing.

so according to various sources, these players so far have been announced or rumored for the Wolves Summer League Roster.

PG: Rob Dillingham, Daishen Nix
SG: Josh Minnott, Jaylen Clark
SF: Terrence Shannon Jr., Tyler Wahl
PF: Leonard Miller, Jaedon LeDee
C: Jesse Edwards

LeDee is from San Diego State.
He was a beast in his time there, earning secon/third team AA honors last season, in addition to his performance in the championship game, the previous year.

I saw him mocked as a second rounder (by some) and he’s 6’9” 240 - all 💪 - built like John Thomas, but more athletic.

He started at Ohio State.

He might be the kind of guy who could make the team; his motor reminds me if Johnny Randle - never on idle.

Jesse Edwards is a big man from West Virginia who has reportedly signed a 2-way contract. Tyler Wahl - well you know who he is.

more players will be announced before Summer League play begins July 12th.

will be interesting to see Clark in action after he sat out most of the season rehabbing.

Last edited:

With their first move since free agency opened Sunday afternoon, the Timberwolves are bringing back center Luka Garza on a two-year deal.

Garza spent the last two seasons with the Wolves mostly on a two-way contract. But late last season when the Wolves had an open roster slot, they bumped Garza up to an NBA contract and ripped up the two-way deal. Garza will make the minimum salary on his new deal, which is just over $2.1 million for next season.

Even though the Wolves have a wealth of centers in Rudy Gobert, Karl-Anthony Towns and Naz Reid, they have always liked Garza's work ethic and skill on the offensive end.

Howl Wolves!!

Paul George left the Clippers and signed a 4yr max deal worth $212M with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Paul George left the Clippers and signed a 4yr max deal worth $212M with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Just when they got off of that horrific Tobias Harris contract, too. He can join Embiid on the IR when the playoffs start. That deal will not age well IMO.

This one won't age well either Slim and it won't make his Daddy happy. Mychal wanted him to sign with the Lakers. The Lakers wisely said no.

BREAKING: Klay Thompson is heading to the Dallas Mavericks on a three-year deal worth $50 million.

The Athletic is reporting Thompson's signing with Dallas but saying that a sign-and-trade is still possible. Though Dallas could sign him without that being done.

Edit:The deal, negotiated by his agent Greg Lawrence of Wasserman, will require a multiteam sign-and-trade scenario that will send Mavericks guard/forward Josh Green to the Charlotte Hornets for two future second-round picks, sources told ESPN.

Last edited:

This one won't age well either Slim and it won't make his Daddy happy. Mychal wanted him to sign with the Lakers. The Lakers wisely said no.

BREAKING: Klay Thompson is heading to the Dallas Mavericks on a three-year deal worth $50 million.
Like his fit in Dallas, as he gives the another legit consistent perimeter scorer and will make it easier on Kyrie and Luka.

Hartenstein to OKC 🤬for 3 years @ $87M.

Definitely helps their internal D and rebounding.

Like his fit in Dallas, as he gives the another legit consistent perimeter scorer and will make it easier on Kyrie and Luka.

If his last season was just an illusion then yes, I agree. That said, if the second half of last season was just a glimpse of where he's really at, then no, it won't age well.

If his last season was just an illusion then yes, I agree. That said, if the second half of last season was just a glimpse of where he's really at, then no, it won't age well.
He was second on the NBA in catch and shoot threes. He shot 39% last season, which was second worst in his career. I’ll take that for three years @ 50.

BTW Dallas shot 18% on threes in the finals 🤠

So, we’ll agree to disagree on this one
Mr. Reykjavík. Are there really 11 other 🇮🇸 on this board 🤔?

Last edited:

He was second on the NBA in catch and shoot threes. He shot 39% last season, which was second worst in his career. I’ll take that for three years @ 50.

BTW Dallas shot 18% on threes in the finals 🤠

So, we’ll agree to disagree on this one
Mr. Reykjavík. Are there really 11 other 🇮🇸 on this board 🤔?

That's why I said in the second half of the season GWG Jr. ;)His stats before he got hurt were very good. After the injury quite pedestrian. Looking at his defense he went from an above average defender before his injury to quite a bad one afterwards.

They bought it 2002 for $360M and now it’s valued at 4.7 billion by Forbes

The Boston Celtics are for sale, first reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Boston Basketball Partners L.L.C. confirmed their intention to sell in a short statement after the initial report. The majority stake in the team is expected to be sold by early 2025, but Wyc Grousbeck is expected to remain team Governor until the sale officially completes in 2028.

That's why I said in the second half of the season GWG Jr. ;)His stats before he got hurt were very good. After the injury quite pedestrian. Looking at his defense he went from an above average defender before his injury to quite a bad one afterwards.
Weather it’s the second half is irrelevant, because I forecast that I’m never, ever wrong🤠.

They’re likely betting that they’ll get the first half version, which is worth the risk to me based on the aforementioned 18% from 3.

So we’ll see which version Dallas gets; I think he’ll be motivated to show the Warriors they were fools to let him walk.

Go Klay!!

With league-wide free agent negotiations allowed to begin Sunday at 6 p.m., veteran center Kevin Love agreed to a two-year contract worth about $8 million to stay with the Heat just minutes after the negotiating period began. The deal does not include a player or team option for the second season, according to a league source.

But that’s the only addition the Heat has made, as of Monday afternoon.

The Heat lost veteran guard Delon Wright to the Milwaukee Bucks in free agency on Monday. Wright, who proved to be a short-term rental for the Heat after signing with Miami in February last season following a buyout agreement with the Washington Wizards, agreed to a one-year minimum contract worth $3 million to join the Bucks on Monday..

Top Bottom