All Things 2024 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

Yep, has to be a salary dump. He's scheduled to make $2.5MM this year and $4.5MM in two years. He averaged less than a point this last season.

Howl Wolves!!
Yeah, the Wolves are a second apron luxury tax team.

Trading him will save the Wolves around $20 million per year in luxury tax penalties. I'd also imagine McLaughlin and Morris are gone. As for Kyle Anderson, he'd be difficult to bring back - good teams would find a way.

You think there should be a lot of C to F grades in the 1st round of the draft? I've seen 4-5 in most of the summaries. Wonder how many C-F grades are given for the NFL 1st Round? The MLB Draft? Don't know about that but I'd think that most of the analysts for that draft haven't seen the majority of the draftees play.
The analysts are also less likely to give out poor grades because they don't want to burn bridges with their team "sources."

Like most people on here, I'm basically a YouTube draft expert.

I like the Shannon Jr. pick a lot because he has an NBA body, plays aggressively, apparently plays defense and has skills. An excellent value at 27. I'm less enamored with the Dillingham pick. 165lbs players generally don't fare well in the NBA because the game is now almost football without pads. I hope he can get to 190lbs to survive the physicality. Dillingham blew by everybody at KY. Not so easy at the next level. You would think a KY back court of Sheppard and Dillingham would be FF, but they didn't win the SEC.

Like most people on here, I'm basically a YouTube draft expert.

I like the Shannon Jr. pick a lot because he has an NBA body, plays aggressively, apparently plays defense and has skills. An excellent value at 27. I'm less enamored with the Dillingham pick. 165lbs players generally don't fare well in the NBA because the game is now almost football without pads. I hope he can get to 190lbs to survive the physicality. Dillingham blew by everybody at KY. Not so easy at the next level. You would think a KY back court of Sheppard and Dillingham would be FF, but they didn't win the SEC.
This isn't the 1980's NBA. Your point is move valid in the playoffs, but the regular season is more like touch football than tackle football. Dillingham is 6'-3" and only 19 years old. Looking at his frame, I'd be surprised if they couldn't get him up to 185 within a couple years. Jaden McDaniels is 6'-9", 185lbs. Chet Holmgren is 7'-1", 207lbs. Both look like a strong breeze could topple them and they're doing just fine. With Dillingham playing at PG, his weight is the least of my concern. There are very few Doncic's in the league to worry about defending him.

I'd be much more concerned with his defense. With his quickness, it should just be a motivation issue, which hopefully Finch can remedy. But some dudes just don't want to put in the work; hopefully he does.

* Dillingham used his NIL money from Kentucky to buy a new house for his mom AND a new house for his sister and her children.

* According to a Wolves "insider", we had Dillingham #1 on our Draft board that factored in skill level, future development and positional team needs.

* Some comparisons for Dillingham include DeAaron Fox, Sam Cassell, Jason Terry and Lou Williams.

* His defensive liabilities are certainly a concern but our scheme uses the PG to rotate on perimeter shooters and this kid can run for days. (Do you ever remember seeing Conley in the paint on defense?)

* If you average more than 15 ppg in college hoops coming off the bench, you can score the freakin' basketball in a multitude of ways.

* Kentucky SG Justin Edwards was considered the #1 overall pick in the 2024 Draft by many scouting services entering his freshman season last Fall. He just went undrafted.

so according to various sources, these players so far have been announced or rumored for the Wolves Summer League Roster.

PG: Rob Dillingham, Daishen Nix
SG: Josh Minnott, Jaylen Clark
SF: Terrence Shannon Jr., Tyler Wahl
PF: Leonard Miller, Jaedon LeDee
C: Jesse Edwards

LeDee is from San Diego State. Jesse Edwards is a big man from West Virginia who has reportedly signed a 2-way contract. Tyler Wahl - well you know who he is.

more players will be announced before Summer League play begins July 12th.

will be interesting to see Clark in action after he sat out most of the season rehabbing.

so according to various sources, these players so far have been announced or rumored for the Wolves Summer League Roster.

PG: Rob Dillingham, Daishen Nix
SG: Josh Minnott, Jaylen Clark
SF: Terrence Shannon Jr., Tyler Wahl
PF: Leonard Miller, Jaedon LeDee
C: Jesse Edwards

LeDee is from San Diego State.
He was a beast in his time there, earning secon/third team AA honors last season, in addition to his performance in the championship game, the previous year.

I saw him mocked as a second rounder (by some) and he’s 6’9” 240 - all 💪 - built like John Thomas, but more athletic.

He started at Ohio State.

He might be the kind of guy who could make the team; his motor reminds me if Johnny Randle - never on idle.

Jesse Edwards is a big man from West Virginia who has reportedly signed a 2-way contract. Tyler Wahl - well you know who he is.

more players will be announced before Summer League play begins July 12th.

will be interesting to see Clark in action after he sat out most of the season rehabbing.

Last edited:

Top Bottom