All Things 2024 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

We needed much better interior defense to beat the Mavs. I still have PTSD watching their centers soar for lob dunks. Donte and Randle aren't going to help with that.

Donte isn't going to have as many opportunities for catch and shoots if you have two ball stoppers (Ant and Randle).
Agree to disagree.

As noted by KG, we lost the first three games to the Mavs by 13 points with KAT’s interior D and horrific 3 point shooting (not the answer).

Double D will open the floor and provide better spacing being one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. There is more than one way to win and you seem fixated on one; open minds open 🚪 bro. In my experience.

Brunson is a ball dominate guard, last time I ✔️. If you have a catch and shoot wing, the ball with find him as it did in NY, and as the Finch and Minnesota Mike will make sure it does. Plus Randle was on the team with him already, last season and it wasn’t an issue when they played together.

Furthermore, after your incessant caterwauling about the Gobert trade, your Bradley Beal comments and calling the fourth most prolific 3 point shooter a non/ difference maker, sorry, but I hardly consider you an NBA expert, just another middle aged dude with opinions - like me 🤗, so it’s all good. I trust Tim and the FO, know far more than experts, like you or me🥸.

Lastly, maybe you want to peruse an article where three paid NBA writers commented on the trade, two of them are humble enough to say, they’re not sure regarding the trade.

Last edited:

DD is the real gem of this trade:

1. He shoots the 3 with great volume and efficiency

2. Can play both guard positions giving Dilly time to develop

3. He's a tremendous defensive player on the perimeter

4. He still has 3/$36M left on a great contract and averaged 18 points/game last year in the Playoffs

5. I've yet to read a single Knicks fan post that was happy about his departure

That leaves us with Randle. Volume shooter, above average rebounder, solid distributor and a very strong propensity to get lazy on defense when his offense is flat.

There has to be another corroborating trade, right? Randle will 100% opt out after this coming season and seek a full Max contract. 🤮

The DET draft pick is essentially worthless unless Cunningham transforms into MJ overnight.

As much as I like the addition of DD, this is still a terrible haul for a 28 year old player in his prime, a 2-time All NBA player and 4-time All Star. And did I mention that KAT is Ant's best friend on the team?

This deal was solely about the owner's bank account and most certainly not about winning a Championship.

I'll still watch every game, though. Go Wolves!

Read more stories saying that it was either a confusing or a bad trade for both teams. Tend to agree unless somebody in Timberwolves management was desperate to get Keita Bates-Diop back.😉

DD is the real gem of this trade:

1. He shoots the 3 with great volume and efficiency

2. Can play both guard positions giving Dilly time to develop

3. He's a tremendous defensive player on the perimeter

4. He still has 3/$36M left on a great contract and averaged 18 points/game last year in the Playoffs

5. I've yet to read a single Knicks fan post that was happy about his departure

That leaves us with Randle. Volume shooter, above average rebounder, solid distributor and a very strong propensity to get lazy on defense when his offense is flat.

There has to be another corroborating trade, right? Randle will 100% opt out after this coming season and seek a full Max contract. 🤮

The DET draft pick is essentially worthless unless Cunningham transforms into MJ overnight.

As much as I like the addition of DD, this is still a terrible haul for a 28 year old player in his prime, a 2-time All NBA player and 4-time All Star. And did I mention that KAT is Ant's best friend on the team?

This deal was solely about the owner's bank account and most certainly not about winning a Championship.

I'll still watch every game, though. Go Wolves!
I'm not 100% on the Glen saving money train. I think it was more about getting out from salary cap hell. But, I do think we didn't get enough for Towns. Add another #1 pick and my mind is changed.

I'm not 100% on the Glen saving money train. I think it was more about getting out from salary cap hell. But, I do think we didn't get enough for Towns. Add another #1 pick and my mind is changed.
The ESPN article talked about how this gives us much needed cap flexibility. I’m not even sure what the Knicks had in first round picks after the Bridges trade.

I’m looking at this as a one year rental - if it works great! If it’s not a fit, fo a sign and trade. I think they realized they can’t get any further with KAT and this might have been the best deal they could find?

I

Top Bottom