All Things 2024 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

This is critical:

Contractually, Towns is in Year 1 of a four-year, $220 million supermax extension he signed in 2022. Randle has $28.9 million and $30.9 million left on his contract, which has a player option for next season. DiVincenzo, the sharp-shooting 27-year-old who averaged 17.8 points in the playoffs this past season, has three seasons left on his contract.

Howl Wolves!!

from ESPN:

Minnesota also will receive a 2025 top-13-protected first-round pick, which was acquired via the Pistons in a previous trade.

on the surface, I like the deal. Yes, Randle had some injury issues last season, but that was the only season he has appeared in fewer than 64 games in his career. he has been more durable than KAT.

Randle: 29 yrs old. Career 19.1pts/9.4 reb. 3x All-Star, 2x All-NBA. avg 24 pts/9.2 reb last season.

DiVincenzo 27yrs old. Career 10.6 pts/4.4 reb/2.8 assist. avg 17.8 pts/gm in playoffs last year.

Towns 28 yrs old. Career 22.9 pts/10.8 reb.

Wolves add scoring and rebounding from Randle and a 3-pt shooter in DiVincenzo. look at the roster:

PG: Conley Jr, Dillingham
SG: Edwards, NAW, Joe Ingles. DiVincenzo
SF: McDaniels Shannon Jr,
PF: Randle, Naz,
C: Gobert, Garza

Last edited:

Randle is a bad fit with Rudy on offense and defense, but maybe they can move him.

Donte is the main get.

The pick most likely is meaningless.

I would have liked two #1's.
I don't see the massive difference between Randle and Kat.
They aren't the same guy. But it's not that far off.

Unless Detroit somehow gets good fast, this will be a 2027 2nd rounder. Go Pistons!
Does this really turn into a 2nd round pick?! How does that happen? If so, that’s a big downside to this trade.

Howl Wolves!!

Does this really turn into a 2nd round pick?! How does that happen? If so, that’s a big downside to this trade.

Howl Wolves!!
DET Pick Protections:

2025 - Top 13
2026 - Top 11
2027 - Top 9

*** Converts to 2027 2nd Round Pick

No value in that pick unless we use it as a trade "asset". I really like Donte but this return for an All NBA player is beyond desperate IMO.

For those that are glad to get rid of KAT because you deem him to be soft, Randle once had arena security remove a home fan because he told Julius to stop shooting so much. Yeah, mental toughness!!!

Top Bottom