All Things 2024 Minnesota Lynx In-Season Thread

She also traveled well before the foul.
The refs were terribly pro-NY all game, and sewed up their gift to them with not only a fake call, but failed to overturn the fake, all that after letting Stewart get away with a 4-stepper prior to the fake call. As a MN fan, you knew the refs wouldn’t let NY lose, right? Been there done that for 50 years now.

Once again the world is worse off with Sid being dead. Even he would be upset with the refs and trying to tear down the door to their room after the game.

The post-game crew is finally talking about it. All four agreed that wasn’t a foul. They also didn’t mention the ridiculous 4-step shuffle, which should have given the Lynx the ball.

Also, N.O. just admitted the obvious - that call deflated the Lynx heading into OT. She also talked about more contact on Collier’s drive the prior possession, than on

Perhaps the WNBA changes review calls, and now the Lynx can join the long line of Minnesota teams and players who have had new rules made after being screwed over. That will surely make them feel better.

Last edited:

Tuned in a little tonight. Lynx got screwed at the end.

But damn, little scoring and hard to watch.

Apparently the commissioner of the league was wearing a dress with the NY skyline on it? I know the game was in NY, but with that, the very biased broadcast and the atrocious calls at the end of regulation, they're not even hiding the fact that they wanted NY to win.

Apparently the commissioner of the league was wearing a dress with the NY skyline on it? I know the game was in NY, but with that, the very biased broadcast and the atrocious calls at the end of regulation, they're not even hiding the fact that they wanted NY to win.
I thought Lobo was fine but Ruocco was a NY bobo.

I don’t even understand the call on the review by the referee, “the defender wasn’t in a legal position is what he said.” What the hell kind of BS is that, she was in perfect position.
Right!?! that explanation almost makes it worse. Like they had to think up a reason for the bogus call.

The fix was in. There was no way the WNBA and their officials were going to allow the Liberty to walk off the court as losers.

It was a disgraceful end to the season for a league that made such dramatic positive progress in quality of play, media attention and attendance. Shameful.

The fix was in. There was no way the WNBA and their officials were going to allow the Liberty to walk off the court as losers.

It was a disgraceful end to the season for a league that made such dramatic positive progress in quality of play, media attention and attendance. Shameful.
Mo Money in New York

Top Bottom