All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Not that it makes it much better, but isn't the game always on somewhere on basic (OTA) TV in the market itself?

Like I feel like even if the Vikings are on ESPN because it's Monday Night or whatever, the game is still on on a basic OTA channel locally? Or am I wrong about that?

But yeah, if you don't live in the market and you want to watch it, you'll probably have to get at least Peacock with commercials if not a subscription.
It will be, but only in the home market. So if the Vikings play in the game and you live in Duluth, Rochester, Fargo, Sioux Falls etc. you won't see it unless you subscribe to Peacock.

Greed is good if you're not f-ucking over other people
Most definitely.

And with the NFL being a league built on revenue-sharing, the owners being greedy directly correlates to the players MAKING MORE MONEY. The weak-minded are led to believe that the owners are the villains and the players are the victims but the NFL is a purely revenue-sharing business venture. Everybody wins.

Most definitely.

And with the NFL being a league built on revenue-sharing, the owners being greedy directly correlates to the players MAKING MORE MONEY. The weak-minded are led to believe that the owners are the villains and the players are the victims but the NFL is a purely revenue-sharing business venture. Everybody wins.
Not sure with EVERYBODY winning. Fans being are being gouged.

Last edited:

Not sure with EVERYBODY winning. Fans being are being gauged.

Exactly

Greed IS in fact good, it always has been. Otherwise known as drive, ambition, determination, and initiative, it makes the world move forward.

God Bless America!!!

Who views the games?
Without them there’s no revenue.

It’s spelt

F
A
N
S

Maybe try going a little deeper champ, than the who benefits correlation😉.

Last edited:

then fans should stop watching. Free market.
My comment was meant more for in game attendance, and I have exercised my Free Market will by not attending many games in the Zygi Dome.

From 1996-2016 I attended 1-2 Vikings games every year except 2010 (had tix to the Giants game but the roof fell). Since they moved to the new digs. only been there twice.

Not that I can't afford it, I would just rather spend my dough on something else as the enjoyment does not outweigh the cost benefit (tickets, parking, concessions etc). The 7 Gopher games I attend is plenty. I'm not a big fan of the stadium either, but that's just me.

I used to enjoy going to games, so that is not a Win, IMO. Now all they get is whatever ratings benefit there is for watching games on TV.

The NFL won't get that benefit either from me for the Peacock broadcast. I haven't missed a Playoff game in I don't know how long, but this will likely be a pass.

I'm sure they will be just fine though.

You're one of the very few. It was widely regarded a great design

Admittedly, I am in the minority. Also, it's not just about the structure itself, but the entire Vikings Game Day experience. I really hate the maze of a concourse, I found that cumbersome the one time I had to get to the 3rd deck and an absolute nightmare for the NCAA Championship in 2019.

Part of that was my fault not really knowing the terrain, but I entered the stadium on the corner via the skyway/parking ramps. I did not realize, my seat was in the opposite corner. I got in 45 minutes in advance, but only got to my seat about 5 minutes before tipoff.

Concession and bathroom lines are no better than at the HHH Dome.

Sightlines are pretty good though. Looks wonderful on TV as well.

A large part of it is after enjoying for the most part the great outdoors for Gopher games, the Zygi Dome just doesn't do it for me (to justify the enormous cost). If the weather is nice I would rather take advantage and golf in the morning for a Sunday Noon game, then catch up with the game on DVR.

Last edited:

Admittedly, I am in the minority. Also, it's not just about the structure itself, but the entire Vikings Game Day experience. I really hate the maze of a concourse, I found that cumbersome the one time I had to get to the 3rd deck and an absolute nightmare for the NCAA Championship in 2019.

Part of that was my fault not really knowing the terrain, but I entered the stadium on the corner via the skyway/parking ramps. I did not realize, my seat was in the opposite corner. I got in 45 minutes in advance, but only got to my seat about 5 minutes before tipoff.

A large part of it is after enjoying for the most part the great outdoors for Gopher games, the Zygi Dome just doesn't do it for me (to justify the enormous cost). If the weather is nice I would rather take advantage and golf in the morning for a Sunday Noon game and catch up with the game on DVR.

I have to be honest, been to US Bank twice and wasn't Uber impressed either time? I know what you're talking about, yes.

I have to be honest, been to US Bank twice and wasn't Uber impressed either time? I know what you're talking about, yes.
Having been to the Vegas Dome twice (Pac 12 Championship) I prefer it to the new Mpls Dome, at least marginally maybe even substantially. Sightlines are equal but easier to get around.

Having been to the Vegas Dome twice (Pac 12 Championship) I prefer it to the new Mpls Dome, at least marginally maybe even substantially. Sightlines are equal but easier to get around.
I actually prefer the AZ Cardinals stadium to the new Raiders stadium but I'm usually comparing what the Club Level experience is in the stadiums I see; food options, crowded-ness, exclusivity, comfort, ease in navigating, etc.

A large part of it is after enjoying for the most part the great outdoors for Gopher games, the Zygi Dome just doesn't do it for me (to justify the enormous cost). If the weather is nice I would rather take advantage and golf in the morning for a Sunday Noon game and catch up with the game on DVR.
I tend to agree. NFL games in general are the least worth in person attendance IMO. It takes an half hour (at least) to get in, an hour or more to get home, it's too crowded to get concessions most places and you miss all the other NFL games in the meantime. It's basically made for TV. One game a year is plenty for me.

OK, fair enough.

The design/size of the concourses themselves are far superior to HHH, as you'd obviously admit, but your point was about waiting times/lines.

I can only conclude that in the HHH the concourses were so small and the concessions so meh, that people just did what they could to avoid them. While at USBS, there is actually reason to be in the concourses.

I tend to agree. NFL games in general are the least worth in person attendance IMO. It takes an half hour (at least) to get in, an hour or more to get home, it's too crowded to get concessions most places and you miss all the other NFL games in the meantime. It's basically made for TV. One game a year is plenty for me.
This description is well overblown, even for USBS with the parking situation.

Have attended probably 20 Vikings home games so far. Usually go to Dayblock before. Takes less than 10mins to walk to the stadium, security line maybe 10mins. Concessions and bathroom lines, once you get a feel for them, are just not that bad. Granted I'm in the lower bowl, maybe it's much worse in the upper deck? Wouldn't know.

OK, fair enough.

The design/size of the concourses themselves are far superior to HHH, as you'd obviously admit, but your point was about waiting times/lines.

I can only conclude that in the HHH the concourses were so small and the concessions so meh, that people just did what they could to avoid them. While at USBS, there is actually reason to be in the concourses.
There are indeed portions of USB where it's more concourse friendly, but others not. Specifically the lower level on the Vikings side is a hassle. That was the absolute headache for me for the NCAA hoops game (Virginia-Texas Tech). Even going to Prep Bowl games and sitting on that side it's not ideal.

The 3rd deck is about a wash when compared to the HHH Dome 2nd deck as far as navigation when taking into account an escalator or stair climb is needed to get there which can bottleneck. At the Humpty Dome, one could just enter a gate right on the upper level.

It was more than 6 years ago when I sat in the 3rd level, so if I have that wrong, apologies. That's just how I remember it. I know if I ever go again, I will make it a point to get there really early.

On the Peacock deal, a site that covers sports media is reporting that NBC/Universal is shelling out $110-million for the rights to show one playoff game. That's crazy, but maybe they think it will generate a lot of new subs for Peacock. The same site reported that because of the NFL deal, NBC dropped out of consideration for Pac-12 media rights.

On the Peacock deal, a site that covers sports media is reporting that NBC/Universal is shelling out $110-million for the rights to show one playoff game. That's crazy, but maybe they think it will generate a lot of new subs for Peacock. The same site reported that because of the NFL deal, NBC dropped out of consideration for Pac-12 media rights.
IIRC, Peacock has exclusive rights to some B1G football and basketball games in the new contract as well.

Friday May 19.

Dow - down 0.33% - 109 Pts (33,426)
S&P - down 0.14% - 6 pts (4,191)
Nasdaq - down 0.24% - 31 pts (12,657)

Crude oil - down 15-cents to $71.71
10-yr T-Bond: up 0.0570 to 3.7050

Stocks fell amid concern over debt ceiling talks and new earnings reports.

Deere & Co fell 2%. Foot Locker shares tumbled on a disappointing earnings report. Nike and Under Armour also fell.

Friday May 19.

Dow - down 0.33% - 109 Pts (33,426)
S&P - down 0.14% - 6 pts (4,191)
Nasdaq - down 0.24% - 31 pts (12,657)

Crude oil - down 15-cents to $71.71
10-yr T-Bond: up 0.0570 to 3.7050

Stocks fell amid concern over debt ceiling talks and new earnings reports.

Deere & Co fell 2%. Foot Locker shares tumbled on a disappointing earnings report. Nike and Under Armour also fell.
Damn it...we were really counting on Dow and Nasdaq to add depth to our defensive backfield.

NFL just passed a resolution allowing it to flex Thursday night games weeks 13-17.
Must be flexed 28 days before the game.

NFL just passed a resolution allowing it to flex Thursday night games weeks 13-17.
Must be flexed 28 days before the game.
Ick for season ticket holders or those who like to plan a late season road trip.

Ick for season ticket holders or those who like to plan a late season road trip.
Road trip for an NFL game??

Unless you drive a painted RV out there and just tailgate and watch from the lot, then it means you're retired and/or rich.

Top Bottom