All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Vikings blitzed the most and Tampa the 2nd most, in Week 1.

OL didn’t lose the game. Actually played reasonably well. One freak play where Ingram knocked the ball out or Kirk’s hands as it was snapped, literally doesn’t mean jack squat. LOL at people saying that means he should be cut. Go back to sleep.

Three turnovers cost us a close win against a good defense.

JJ had 150yd on 9rec.

Kirk throws an uncatchable missile that slips through KJ’s fingers. Earlier he throws way behind KJ right to the defender who was behind him, for a pick in the red zone. Damn. We’ll get it corrected

Bradbury goes down and is replaced by Schlottman. Did ANYONE in the stadium notice??? Nope. Why in the hell did we pay Bradbury a cent?

Last edited:

Lots of top players around the league looked terrible yesterday. The Bengals were awful. Have to wonder if not playing much or at all in the preseason is causing this.

Yep. First thing that came to mind while watching a number of badly played games. Didn't hear it mentioned as often as it should have been.

Wonder why?😊

Leber on power trip this morning rejects that. Says preseason is 90% game speed and not worth the risk. Also says the joint practices provide those reps.

Sounds correct to me.

Burrow missed a lot of those reps.

I'm on record having expressed significant concern about our interior defensive line, they played better than I expected. However, seemed like our dbacks were playing too far off the line of scrimmage and giving up short passes too easily. Surrendering only 240 yds is a win in my book, even if against a subpar offense.

Offense. Our interior oline has to be the worst in the league. If Kwesi was not aware of this after last season then maybe we need to find a different GM.
Vikings offensive line = Twins bullpen. Doing nothing and hoping it'll be fine doesn't work.

Vikings offensive line = Twins bullpen. Doing nothing and hoping it'll be fine doesn't work.

It's not like the Vikings haven't invested a ton high draft picks in on the offensive line. They're all 1st or 2nd rounders, and Bradbury is the oldest at 28.

It's not like the Vikings haven't invested a ton high draft picks in on the offensive line. They're all 1st or 2nd rounders, and Bradbury is the oldest at 28.
Yes but the interior spots were below average/bad last year and they chose to just run it back with zero changes.

Yes but the interior spots were below average/bad last year and they chose to just run it back with zero changes.

Ingram graded out the worst but he was only a rookie last year. Bradbury improved after a rough start, but he didn't play most of yesterday. Cleveland has always graded out pretty solid.

The line wasn't good yesterday, but it wasn't as bad as people keep saying it was last year. I had no issues with them running it back. Cousins also gets hit more due to his pocket presence, or lack there of.

Bad scouting and unwillingness to cut ties is a problem. Ingram was a reach and is terrible. Bradbury was known to be bad, and they kept him on the cheap.

Lots of top players around the league looked terrible yesterday. The Bengals were awful. Have to wonder if not playing much or at all in the preseason is causing this.

Watched a lot of the Raiders-Broncos game (had a buddy making his NFL debut at Line Judge, woo hoo!) and that's what I was thinking about Josh Jacobs for the Raiders. At least the first quarter, if not first half, he most definitely looked like someone who hadn't taken a snap yet.

Rodgers suspected to have a torn/ruptured Achilles. Ouch. What a shitty thing for him and the Jets. I remember from tearing mine, you don't exactly need an MRI to tell, although the MRI will confirm. Dangle your lower leg off the table, give the belly of the calf a squeeze or two; if the foot flips when you squeeze the calf, you're good. If nothing happens, that Achilles is more than likely torn/ruptured.

Zach Wilson, time to step up.

Rodgers suspected to have a torn/ruptured Achilles. Ouch. What a shitty thing for him and the Jets. I remember from tearing mine, you don't exactly need an MRI to tell, although the MRI will confirm. Dangle your lower leg off the table, give the belly of the calf a squeeze or two; if the foot flips when you squeeze the calf, you're good. If nothing happens, that Achilles is more than likely torn/ruptured.

Zach Wilson, time to step up.
I wonder if the Jets would be interested in a slightly used Cousins. If it's an Achilles, Rodgers will never play again at his age.

I'm tired of being a treadmill team and the next Draft is loaded with QB prospects. Completely bombing the 2022 Draft is tough to recover from and this organization needs a total reset.

Vikings start 0-3. The Jets are having trouble scoring three weeks in.

The Vikings trade Cousins to the Jets for next years first. The Viking tank and get a qb.

I'm all in on this. We will have JJ, Addison, and Hockenson for years.

the vikings are in good shape cap wise for next even after they sign JJ........you then drop cousins massive salary and you have cap space, two firsts..........and things are looking up.

Wont happen, but one can dream.

Last edited:

he actually played in the preseason, while so many other teams benched most of their starters
Love had an hour and a half to throw. He has an offensive line. That was your difference.

I wonder if the Jets would be interested in a slightly used Cousins. If it's an Achilles, Rodgers will never play again at his age.

I'm tired of being a treadmill team and the next Draft is loaded with QB prospects. Completely bombing the 2022 Draft is tough to recover from and this organization needs a total reset.

I'm in favor of tanking for one of the big college QBs in next years draft at this point too. I'm just not sure I trust the GM who completely bombed the 2022 draft to pick the right one.

Netflix “Quarterback”
Mahomes - lost Week 1
Cousins - lost Week 1

HBO “Hard Knocks” (this season also known as “Rodgers Special”)
Rodgers - out for season (team wins in OT)

Vikings should not have been 13-4 last year. At best, should have been 11-6 with losses to Colts and Bills.

Anywhere from 9-8 to 11-6 sounds right again for this year.

Barring bad injury or improbable trade, Cousins will be back next season. What other, clearly superior option will there be in free-agency that won’t cost a lot more? Or you start a rookie mid-first round pick.

Vikings should not have been 13-4 last year. At best, should have been 11-6 with losses to Colts and Bills.

Anywhere from 9-8 to 11-6 sounds right again for this year.

Barring bad injury or improbable trade, Cousins will be back next season. What other, clearly superior option will there be in free-agency that won’t cost a lot more? Or you start a rookie mid-first round pick.
2022 Minnesota Vikings / Points For = 424
2022 Minnesota Vikings / Points Against = 427

The fact they were NINE games over .500 was quite remarkable.

Playing a First Place schedule in 2023 (& AFC West), if they make it to 9-8 or better, I will be mildly surprised. In their favor was playing the NFC South, but dropping a Home Game to the Bucs is not good (understatement).

The Vikes already have as many Home Regular Season Losses as they did last year.

Wild Card or bust.

We'll most likely be 0-2 after Thursday. Gotta beat Chargers week three.

Of course it's so early yet so who really knows, but early indication is that our four games against Pack and Lions are going to be a handful as well. Can't afford to start 0-3 as would then need to finish 10-4, a tall task indeed

Even if the Vikings were willing to tank the season one week in (the Wilfs would never allow that) Cousins has a no trade clause and I can't imagine how the Jets could possibly make the salary cap work given what they're already paying Rodgers and Wilson.

As for tanking, there's too much talent on this team for that. I think 5-6 wins is the worst case scenario. Even thoough there's obviously value in picking 8th instead of 15th it sucks rooting for that especially in week 2.

As for tanking, there's too much talent on this team for that. I think 5-6 wins is the worst case scenario. Even thoough there's obviously value in picking 8th instead of 15th it sucks rooting for that especially in week 2.

Are they that talented though? They are talented at WR/TE and at T. Kirk is Kirk. They are starting a backup RB and have issues in the middle of the OL.

Despite the defense looking 'better' against a pedestrian Baker Mayfield, I think the entire defense lacks talent, especially the front 7, and they'll likely be one of the worst D's in the league again.

While I'm not rooting for them to be terrible, the writing has been on the wall for awhile with missed draft picks and deferring their salary cap issues. Last year was supposed to be the rebuilding year, but they surprised. I think this will actually be the rebuilding year that has been coming for awhile.

Are they that talented though? They are talented at WR/TE and at T. Kirk is Kirk. They are starting a backup RB and have issues in the middle of the OL.

Despite the defense looking 'better' against a pedestrian Baker Mayfield, I think the entire defense lacks talent, especially the front 7, and they'll likely be one of the worst D's in the league again.

While I'm not rooting for them to be terrible, the writing has been on the wall for awhile with missed draft picks and deferring their salary cap issues. Last year was supposed to be the rebuilding year, but they surprised. I think this will actually be the rebuilding year that has been coming for awhile.
They still have a top 10 offense IMO. In any event among Bears x 2, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Raiders it's pretty hard to see how they don't win at least 4 of those plus a couple others at a minimum.

Top Bottom