All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

They still have a top 10 offense IMO. In any event among Bears x 2, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Raiders it's pretty hard to see how they don't win at least 4 of those plus a couple others at a minimum.

Just like when the Bucs were supposed to be an automatic W.

Even if the Vikings win 5 or 6, that would have put them between the 5th-7th pick last year. That alone could get them a very good QB, plus the ability to move into the top 3 without giving up a ransom.

That alone guarantees they'll win more than 5-6. Whatever it takes to get out of the "very good QB" draft order, is what they will do.

Everyone, including me, expects us to lose to the Eagles. Still won't be time to panic, if that happens.

But if we do somehow beat the Eagles, in the aptly named National Fake-you-out League, then kg21 doesn't get to post in this thread the rest of the season. :)

I woke up this morning - checked the online edition of the Mpls Star-Tribune - and I kid you not - this is the first headline I saw:

Former Vikings standout Adrian Peterson will compete on 'Dancing with the Stars.'

If someone actually wants to watch this, the new season will debut on ABC on September 26th.

I woke up this morning - checked the online edition of the Mpls Star-Tribune - and I kid you not - this is the first headline I saw:

Former Vikings standout Adrian Peterson will compete on 'Dancing with the Stars.'

If someone actually wants to watch this, the new season will debut on ABC on September 26th.
Have you scheduled it to be recorded yet?

So, our interior oline is going to be Cleveland, Schlottman, Ingram. Left tackle either Udoh or a hobbled Darrisaw. Against the Eagles. In Philly.

Forget the running game and also best have an ambulance on standby for Cousins.

Didn’t Brandel replace Darrisaw last year for Buffalo?

Cheer up Vikings fans! As a result of Aaron Rodgers injury, the Packers are only entitled to the Jets 2nd Round Draft Pick as compensation instead of a 1st Rounder (per the Dan Patrick Show).

Three key Philadelphia Eagles players -- running back Kenneth Gainwell, cornerback James Bradberry and safety Reed Blankenship -- have been ruled out of Thursday's home opener against the Minnesota Vikings.

Bradberry remains in concussion protocol while Gainwell and Blankenship are dealing with rib injuries. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox has a rib injury as well and is listed as questionable.

The loss of Gainwell, who led the team with 14 carries Week 1 against the New England Patriots, should lead to a bigger role for D'Andre Swift. Getting Swift more involved was already on coach Nick Sirianni's radar after the running back finished with just two touches in the opener.

Considering Darrisaw came back in the game on Sunday, it would be surprising if he didn't start tomorrow.

Eagles dline rated numero uno in the nfl last week per pff. 😬
Again. The ambulance on standby for Cousins thing.

For some reason, I think the Vikings show up tomorrow night and we have a game.

Nice try, tank.

Vikings win and you’re off this thread for the rest of the season :)

PA is on now saying a win in Philly is there for the vikes. Yadot!

For some reason, I think the Vikings show up tomorrow night and we have a game.

Heard a Philly media guy say that they're missing 3 starters: a safety, linebacker, and cornerback. Media guy said all 3 of those players were major contributors, said a big loss for Philly to be without them. Fletcher Cox also questionable. (On the other hand, 3 tech rookie Jalen Carter was a beast rushing the passer last week.).

I actually remember that game, Vikes throttled the Cowboys 21-10 back in 1978.

It was rather unique, because aside from Thanksgiving, there were only 1 or 2 Thursday games all season. Game was on ABC with their MNF crew. Further unique that the NFL made "America's Team" play on 2 non-consecutive Thursdays.

How many have they played in the last 45 years?
Jeepers Creepers
Not sure. It's sort of BS anyway. They've won multiple road Thanksgiving games, just not "night" games.
Not many, but more than I would have guessed. The answer is 6.

1982 - Buffalo
2006 - Green Bay
2010 - New Orleans
2014 - Green Bay
2015 - Arizona
2018 - LA Rams

Though, the Vikes have won on a Tuesday Night vs Philadelphia in 2010 (blizzard make-up).

Not many, but more than I would have guessed. The answer is 6.

1982 - Buffalo
2006 - Green Bay
2010 - New Orleans
2014 - Green Bay
2015 - Arizona
2018 - LA Rams

Though, the Vikes have won on a Tuesday Night vs Philadelphia in 2010 (blizzard make-up).
👍

"45 years" sounds so much more dramatic, so forlorn, so hopeless and negative.

Great choice to phrase it that way. It's way more "Minnesotan".

Even if the Vikings were willing to tank the season one week in (the Wilfs would never allow that) Cousins has a no trade clause and I can't imagine how the Jets could possibly make the salary cap work given what they're already paying Rodgers and Wilson.

As for tanking, there's too much talent on this team for that. I think 5-6 wins is the worst case scenario. Even thoough there's obviously value in picking 8th instead of 15th it sucks rooting for that especially in week 2.

If they keep losing I won't have to bother watching

Top Bottom