All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

As far "it doesn't matter a lot", well it certainly does to those actually in the Vikings Locker Room. If they sensed they weren't being given the best chance to win, I could envision the players completely tuning out the coaching staff to perhaps akin to a mutiny.

While I think making to the NFC Championship is a stretch, just winning a playoff game isn't, especially if Philly gets a bye.

They could wind up playing Detroit 3 times in 4 weeks or draw the NFC South champ. After a 17 Week season, a lot depends on how many injuries a team has racked up.
I'm still waiting for the Detroit Lions to remember they're the Detroit Lions. I haven't given up hope yet. Their next two games are home against the Bears and Packers. Lose one or both. You can do it.

I'm still waiting for the Detroit Lions to remember they're the Detroit Lions. I haven't given up hope yet. Their next two games are home against the Bears and Packers. Lose one or both. You can do it.

Detroit has been playing good football for a full calendar year now, 15-4 since November 1, 2022.

Their schedule is also favorable just as it is for the Vikings, which is why I think the NFC is a hard ask, though certainly not out of the question. Lions have to go to New Orleans & Dallas. The Vikings have to go to Las Vegas & Cincinnati, otherwise same opponents (plus Home-Home vs each other).

While the Lions and Campbell are being praised for their road win (rightly so) at the LA Chargers and the gutsy 4th & 2 conversion while already well within FG range, the call itself was needed because they had a strong feeling their Defense was likely to give up a score to tie or lose the game. So at least there is room for optimism as the Vikes D seems to be trending in a better direction.

It was kind of crazy to see so much Lions Honolulu Blue at SoFi. The fanbase has bought in. Good for them. Talk about long suffering.

…for there’s Basie, Miller, Satchmo and the king of all Sir Dobbs. He can throw it allll over. Coming soon from nordo!

Detroit has been playing good football for a full calendar year now, 15-4 since November 1, 2022.

Their schedule is also favorable just as it is for the Vikings, which is why I think the NFC is a hard ask, though certainly not out of the question. Lions have to go to New Orleans & Dallas. The Vikings have to go to Las Vegas & Cincinnati, otherwise same opponents (plus Home-Home vs each other).

While the Lions and Campbell are being praised for their road win (rightly so) at the LA Chargers and the gutsy 4th & 2 conversion while already well within FG range, the call itself was needed because they had a strong feeling their Defense was likely to give up a score to tie or lose the game. So at least there is room for optimism as the Vikes D seems to be trending in a better direction.

It was kind of crazy to see so much Lions Honolulu Blue at SoFi. The fanbase has bought in. Good for them. Talk about long suffering.
You’re right, it will be tough to catch them, but that’s why we play the games. They also have the Detroit monkey on their proverbial back.

Personally, i think we’ll split with them.
KOC’s getting some sneaky love for COY -

Kevin O’Connell didn’t get a lot of credit for Minnesota’s 13-4 record in his first season as head coach because of the Vikings’ crazy luck in one-score games and ensuing playoff flameout, but what he’s done in the two games since Kirk Cousinssuffered an Achilles injury is impressive. Two weeks ago, Minnesota scored 31 points with a quarterback, Josh Dobbs, who had not taken a snap with the team until that day. On Sunday, the Vikings followed that up with another win under Dobbs, who had a 101.1 passer rating.

Last edited:

well, that 2nd half might slow down some of the Dobbs hype. Don't know if it was play-calling, personnel or what, but Dobbs just did not look as decisive or comfortable in the 2nd half. missed some throws and was a little more nervous in the pocket.

Hey, it's a great story and he seems like a good guy. but there is a reason why he's been with so many teams and was never given a chance to play until this year.

other thought - the Vikes have some decisions to make about the running game. I could see them drafting an RB reasonably high next year.
FYI (Per The Athletic) -

On Sunday, the Vikings followed that up with another win under Dobbs, who had a 101.1 passer rating.

He could be our Seabiscuit.

Last edited:

Saw on NFL Live that through the last 4 games, the Broncos have given up the least amount of points in the league @ 14 and it appears that Payton has turned it around.

This should be a good test for the Dobbinator.

If Denver wins tonight, they're a play-off contender too. Will be interesting if they do flex the Bears game off of MNF though. A few decent options. Raiders/Chiefs, Texans/Jags.
With the Broncos winning, I looked at the the AFC standings and really only the Patriots are eliminated from playoff contention.

Even the Titans at 3-6 are only 2 back in the Loss column but at 3-6 they have to jump 8 teams to get to the 7th seed, so they are really fringe. Everyone else is within 1 game.

You’re right, it will be tough to catch them, but that’s why we play the games. They also have the Detroit monkey on their proverbial back.

Personally, i think we’ll split with them.
KOC’s getting some sneaky love for COY -

Kevin O’Connell didn’t get a lot of credit for Minnesota’s 13-4 record in his first season as head coach because of the Vikings’ crazy luck in one-score games and ensuing playoff flameout, but what he’s done in the two games since Kirk Cousinssuffered an Achilles injury is impressive. Two weeks ago, Minnesota scored 31 points with a quarterback, Josh Dobbs, who had not taken a snap with the team until that day. On Sunday, the Vikings followed that up with another win under Dobbs, who had a 101.1 passer rating.

What KOC has done with Dobbs and the Vikings offense in the last couple weeks is nothing short of remarkable. Depending on how they finish things out down the stretch, he should absolutely be getting COY love

You can do it Lions!

Anthony Barr sighting! Didn’t we just sign him to the practice squad??

Good thing he’s been keeping in shape!

Wright has excelled at punting right into the end zone this season.

Last edited:

KOC has to be held responsible for continuing to play Mattson. Its inexcusable and completely shifted the game.

Hes been awful all year and continues to play. We dont stop using him

Got momentum? Lets run on 1st down and lose 2 with Mattison. Cant score inside the 5? Its cause we get stuffed with Mattison.

Fumbles.

The guy sucks. Stop playing him.

Top Bottom