All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

well, that 2nd half might slow down some of the Dobbs hype. Don't know if it was play-calling, personnel or what, but Dobbs just did not look as decisive or comfortable in the 2nd half. missed some throws and was a little more nervous in the pocket.

Hey, it's a great story and he seems like a good guy. but there is a reason why he's been with so many teams and was never given a chance to play until this year.

other thought - the Vikes have some decisions to make about the running game. I could see them drafting an RB reasonably high next year.

well, that 2nd half might slow down some of the Dobbs hype. Don't know if it was play-calling, personnel or what, but Dobbs just did not look as decisive or comfortable in the 2nd half. missed some throws and was a little more nervous in the pocket.
Or the Saints charged up there D and it wasn’t something he the O were ready for?

Accounted for 300 yards and 2 TDs.
Hey, it's a great story and he seems like a good guy. but there is a reason why he's been with so many teams and was never given a chance to play until this year.

other thought - the Vikes have some decisions to make about the running game. I could see them drafting an RB reasonably high next year.

I like Chandler- a lot. He is going to get a shot next week for a lot of carries and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do. He is much quicker than Mattison.

We got way ahead with more fantastic play by Dobbs...and with no offensive weapons. The media blatantly lies when they say he finally has weapons to work with.

And then we played it safe, avoided any chance of mistakes, and held on.

Thanks I didn’t see it, so until a Dobbs lays an egg I’m flying with the passtronaut.
Passtronaut is a bad nickname. It will never stick.

I'll split the $ with anyone here who Photoshops Cousins & Dobbs faces on a photo of Captain Kirk & Science Officer Spock though.

Science Officer Dobbs should be his nickname if he continues to make fascinating plays and live long in the pocket and prosper.

Passtronaut is a bad nickname. It will never stick.
I don’t care if it does or not - that’s not my/the point.
It’s a great story that is captivating the NFL, fun for it to be on our team and cool it’s happening to a universally respected and liked player, who is enjoying it as after many seasons of not having success. Those are salient reasons for me.
I'll split the $ with anyone here who Photoshops Cousins & Dobbs faces on a photo of Captain Kirk & Science Officer Spock though.

Science Officer Dobbs should be his nickname if he continues to make fascinating plays and live long in the pocket and prosper.
Regarding the above iteration -

Last edited:

Historical Dobbs from The Athletic -

So far, Dobbs has 426 passing yards, 110 rushing yards and no interceptions in his first two starts with the Vikings, becoming the first player in NFL history with at least 400 passing yards, 100 rushing yards and no picks in his first two games with a team.

He also apparently needed directions to the locker room from a staffer - in his defense, he had never bee there before😃

Virtually assured unless they flex another game first. Broncos-Vikings for 11/19 is also slated for Sunday Night Football and is a stone cold lock to flex to 3:00.

Amazing but I can't fault NBC for sticking with the Vikings-Broncos, with Denver showing a pulse and the Dobbs story angle. They really hyped up Dobbs for next week throughout their entire coverage on Football Night in America, in game promos & half time.

Whodathunk?!?

I'm not sure if NBC had many other options. Steelers @ Browns or Jets @ Bills, maybe, but the Jets were just on NBC this past week. Both games were also already prime timers earlier this season, so CBS might have been able to block.

Amazing but I can't fault NBC for sticking with the Vikings-Broncos, with Denver showing a pulse and the Dobbs story angle. They really hyped up Dobbs for next week throughout their entire coverage on Football Night in America, in game promos & half time.

Whodathunk?!?

I'm not sure if NBC had many other options. Steelers @ Browns or Jets @ Bills, maybe, but the Jets were just on NBC this past week. Both games were also already prime timers earlier this season, so CBS might have been able to block.
If Denver wins tonight, they're a play-off contender too. Will be interesting if they do flex the Bears game off of MNF though. A few decent options. Raiders/Chiefs, Texans/Jags.

Sounds like Jordan Hicks might be done for the year. Ouch. Mattison in concussion protocol. Resigned Myles Gaskin.

If Denver wins tonight, they're a play-off contender too. Will be interesting if they do flex the Bears game off of MNF though. A few decent options. Raiders/Chiefs, Texans/Jags.
For the Bears-Vikes MNF Game on 11/27 they have to announce it "12 days in advance". Not sure exactly what counts as a day, but I assume we will know by End of Day on Wednesday, if not tomorrow.

Dobbs is exactly who he was in Arizona for the first 8-9 games to start the season. There's a reason he was available for a 6-7 round pick swap. He's a good relief pitcher, he should not ever, ever be starting long stretches of NFL games.

When Hall is healthy, he needs to play. The Vikings need him to get some PT and see what they have, and he knows the playbook more than Dobbs will ever know for another couple months.

Reich is just plain clueless, he won't make it very long

Rivera, how this guy keeps getting jobs is beyond me, he has an atrocious track record if you really go and look at his coaching record. The ridiculous thing is, they could hand the job to Bienemy, who seems equally clueless; despite having a running game that generally averages over 5 ypc, Bienemy wants to throw it 55 times per game and get Howell killed behind that OL.

Eberflus could get canned in Chicago, but fortunately for Vikings fans, the moronic duo of Poles and Warren will keep the incompetence flowing in Chicago.

Staley in LA is also one of the more clueless HC's, it would be good for Justin Herbert for Staley and Kellen Moore to both be shown the door; how Moore has fooled the league into thinking he knows how to call a game is mindboggling.

Vrabel? Ridiculous. I would put Vrabel as arguably one of the best 5 coaches in the league. He's not going anywhere, nor should he

OH! I almost forgot one of the best ones...

Saleh with the Jets is also one of the most clueless HC's roaming the sidelines, and I say that even before his presser the other day when he made that "plead the fifth comment". I would have probably fired him that day or the next day after a public comment like that. A complete and utter absence of leadership, and it has been from the beginning.

Somehow, someway, Rodgers getting injured might save his job but it absolutely shouldn't.

Dobbs is exactly who he was in Arizona for the first 8-9 games to start the season. There's a reason he was available for a 6-7 round pick swap. He's a good relief pitcher, he should not ever, ever be starting long stretches of NFL games.

When Hall is healthy, he needs to play. The Vikings need him to get some PT and see what they have, and he knows the playbook more than Dobbs will ever know for another couple months.
Past the halfway point, NFL Teams in a position to make the Tournament don't just put in a QB with little to zero experience "just to see what they have".

The Vikings will play whomever they think gives them the best chance to win, until they either clinch a playoff spot or are (or essentially) eliminated.

Past the halfway point, NFL Teams in a position to make the Tournament don't just put in a QB with little to zero experience "just to see what they have".

The Vikings will play whomever they think gives them the best chance to win, until they either clinch a playoff spot or are (or essentially) eliminated.

They probably will continue to play Dobbs, until/unless his play falls off a cliff. Honestly, if Nick Mullens ever becomes healthy enough to play, I think I'd feel better about him taking snaps.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter a lot? This team is most likely not beating anyone in the playoffs, but it would be one heck of an accomplishment if they even make the playoffs.

The job KOC has done with Dobbs has been nothing short of miraculous. Definitely worthy of COY votes. It's fun to watch, best to just enjoy the ride!

Definitely not beating anyone in the playoffs! They haven't won five straight.

Especially considering their favorable schedule and thst they still control Their Own Destiny for the division 👑, as well.

They probably will continue to play Dobbs, until/unless his play falls off a cliff. Honestly, if Nick Mullens ever becomes healthy enough to play, I think I'd feel better about him taking snaps.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter a lot? This team is most likely not beating anyone in the playoffs, but it would be one heck of an accomplishment if they even make the playoffs.

The job KOC has done with Dobbs has been nothing short of miraculous. Definitely worthy of COY votes. It's fun to watch, best to just enjoy the ride!
As far "it doesn't matter a lot", well it certainly does to those actually in the Vikings Locker Room. If they sensed they weren't being given the best chance to win, I could envision the players completely tuning out the coaching staff, perhaps akin to a mutiny.

While I think making to the NFC Championship is a stretch, just winning a playoff game isn't, especially if Philly gets a bye.

They could wind up playing Detroit 3 times in 4 weeks or draw the NFC South champ. After a 17 Week season, a lot depends on how many injuries a team has racked up.

Last edited:

As far "it doesn't matter a lot", well it certainly does to those actually in the Vikings Locker Room. If they sensed they weren't being given the best chance to win, I could envision the players completely tuning out the coaching staff to perhaps akin to a mutiny.

While I think making to the NFC Championship is a stretch, just winning a playoff game isn't, especially if Philly gets a bye.

They could wind up playing Detroit 3 times in 4 weeks or draw the NFC South champ. After a 17 Week season, a lot depends on how many injuries a team has racked up.
Yup.

Who had the D-Backs making the series this year - No One

The guy has like 10 career starts. Let's find a middle between "he's the savior" and "he can't play and should be benched for a rookie 5th round pick" there's not enough data to know anything other than Arizona isn't good.

Last edited:

Top Bottom