All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Woods-Richardson is interesting. I saw a lot of speculation that Bailey Ober would come up and start a game in the Washington series.

I suppose that depends on Maeda's situation - and on the weather. Forecast for tonight in Mpls is a rain/snow mix with a low of 32. I would not be shocked if they wind up playing a DH on Saturday.

Total guess here, but wonder if swr is called up for a game or two in case twins need length. Then is sent down so ober can start.

Last edited:

Total guess here, but wonder if swr is called up for a game or two in case twins need length. Then is sent down so ober can start.

Sunday is listed as TBD for our starter, per the MLB App

On this date in 1961, the Minnesota Twins played their 1st home game at The Met, also against Washington (Senators 2.0).

Game Time was 2 hrs 23 min. I wonder if they can beat that tonight.

The Twins lost that afternoon 5-3.

Nats aren't all that, but still nice to see Mahle look good. Especially when Steer is sporting a .302 avg and .889 ops as a Red's regular.

Mlb.com does a top 10 pitchers ranking. Lopez and Gray both make the list. Nice.

So the bullpen is Duran, Thielbar, and Lopez with no one else. The bus between St. Paul and Minneapolis is gonna be busy with relievers again this year.

Why did he bring in Jax instead if Lopez then Duran? Is 1 of them hurt?

Last edited:

Still think the play should be Polanco bunting.

Twins will be under .500 shortly!

The hitting is like watching a soccer game.

Happens all the time. They get a pitcher on the ropes, and stupidly bail them out swinging at the first pitch.

Tough, tough loss. Miranda fortunate that Steer is a Red.
Our offense is Gallo and not much else. Correa and Kepler particularly bad.

Maybe Kiriloff can help? Will essentially take Kepler's place as Gallo will then move to right.

Maybe Kiriloff can help? Will essentially take Kepler's place as Gallo will then move to right.
Gallo needs to bat 4th.

What if Miranda can't cut it? Hope Lewis or Lee have a future at 3B?

Another reason I hated trading Arreaz. They have no great options there as you can't really play Julien there.

Converted SS ska Lee or Royce can easily handle a switch to third - see: AROD snd Machado

I went to join 4K of my friends. Twins unusually lax on allow self seat upgrades

Bad loss last night piggybacked by an early hole against an awful team with your new "ace" on the mound .
Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Bad loss last night piggybacked by an early hole against an awful team with your new "ace" on the mound .
Wonderful. Just wonderful.
I've never seen such weak contact get rewarded in this series. Twins aren't playing well but my goodness that is a lot of weak ass stuff falling.

For a team that talks about analytics so much, it seems at times that they don’t even look at a scouting report. The approach at the plate time after time has been really bad. I don’t get it.

Top Bottom