All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Without doing any research, I believe that the Twins are the only team undefeated all-time, post-season at their current stadium.
Prior to yesterday, the Twins’ playoff record at Target Field was 0-5, losing twice in ‘10, once in ‘19, and twice in ‘00.

Prior to yesterday, the Twins’ playoff record at Target Field was 0-5, losing twice in ‘10, once in ‘19, and twice in ‘00.
I’m a moron.

Thanks for doing the research.
While Texas' new venue, Globe Life Field, hosted the 2020 World Series as a neutral site, the Rangers have yet to play a Postseason game there. I suppose that makes them "undefeated at their current home stadium."

They will play at least 1 game there against the Orioles in their upcoming ALDS Series.

Baseball has lost its mind. Analytics is the worst thing to happen to it since it was shut down for WWII
Steroids were much worse, IMO. Destroyed the integrity of the record book, inflated salaries and made the product look like a video game.

No World Series in 1994 due to the Labor issue was also much worse.

Additionally, MLB baseball continued during WWII rather famously at the urging of FDR. Some big stars were missing (Williams, DiMaggio et al) but the game went on.

Last edited:

Steroids were much worse, IMO. Destroyed the integrity of the record book, inflated salaries and made the product look like a video game.

No World Series in 1994 due to the Labor issue was also much worse.

Additionally, baseball continued during WWII rather famously at the urging of FDR. Some big stars were missing (Williams, DiMaggio et al) but the game went on.
you took my whining literally. Yes, good examples

I love our chances against the Astros. They are not as good as last year mainly because their pitching is not as good. Valdez has been erratic the 2nd half of the season and he's their only lefty. The rest of their top starting/relief pitchers are all righties.

Their lineup is better than Toronto's, but the Twins have the pitching to neutralize them.

Game Times have been announced for the ALDS vs the Astros for G1-3. Of particular interest was G1 with potential conflict with the Little Brown Jug.

G1 @ Houston Sat 10/7 @ 3:45 PM CDT
G2 @ Houston Sun 10/8 @ 7:03 PM CDT
G3 @ Target Field Tue 10/10 @ 3:07 PM CDT
G4 @ Target Field Wed 10/11 TBD
G5 @ Houston Fri 10/13 TBD

Game Times have been announced for the ALDS vs the Astros for G1-3. Of particular interest was G1 with potential conflict with the Little Brown Jug.

Who do you think goes game 1? I'm thinking Ryan. I would personally go with Maeda.

I don't get for the life me why the early start time on Tuesday. There's only two games that day. Start the Texas-Baltimore game at 5:00/6:00 and then the Twins game at 7:30. The games are so much shorter now so that would be just a tiny bit of overlap yet should see much better ratings.

I don't get for the life me why the early start time on Tuesday. There's only two games that day. Start the Texas-Baltimore game at 5:00/6:00 and then the Twins game at 7:30. The games are so much shorter now so that would be just a tiny bit of overlap yet should see much better ratings.

I was frustrated when I initially saw this too. But I wonder if they are factoring in weather, much like they do in April. Only looking at a high in the low 50s that day.

Personally, I would lean towards Maeda as well but am also thinking it will be Ryan. I wouldn't rule out Ober either.
Maeda has more experience, and has better control of his secondary pitches. Ive heard the argument that hes used to the bullpen. But if hes your best starting option, who cares if hes used to the BP?

I was frustrated when I initially saw this too. But I wonder if they are factoring in weather, much like they do in April. Only looking at a high in the low 50s that day.
That's a good point. It's still a bit irritating but oh well.

I don't know if this is on purpose but they did avoid the Gophers and Vikings games this weekend. Gonna be busy for MN sports fans Saturday and Sunday.

Since both games are on regular FOX, I am guessing they are striving for zero overlap, plus some time for a studio show and/or local news if possible.

Maeda has more experience, and has better control of his secondary pitches. Ive heard the argument that hes used to the bullpen. But if hes your best starting option, who cares if hes used to the BP?
Preaching to the choir, but given how they have handled their starters this season I am going to give the Twins brain trust the benefit of the doubt...whatever they decide.

It's a much better problem to have then being forced to go with the likes of Brian Duensing or Randy Dobnak more recently.

Wednesday better be a night game.

Wednesday better be a night game.
Doubtful unless there's a couple sweeps in other series. All four series are scheduled to play that day. The National League games will almost certainly get the night spots.

Edit: It's also doubtful because the Twins will have wrapped up the series the day before already.

Last edited:

Top Bottom