All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Gindians lose, Magic Number is 3! Cue up Harmon’s jersey.

official statement from the Twins on Lewis -

"day to day with left hamstring tightness."

on the plus side: rehab detail -

Chris Paddack w/St. Paul - 3IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1BB, 5K. 45 pitches, 30 strikes. top speed 98.2mph - unofficially the hardest pitch in Paddack's career.

Brock Stewart hit 98.9 mph. 1 IP, 0 H, 1BB, 1 K.

Jorge Alcala hit 97.6 mph. needed 7 pitches to complete one scoreless inning.

I just can't be the only one who has this tune rolling around in their head.

From Schoolhouse Rock, it really is for the Twins.

Three Is a Magic Number

Again! Better catch than Michael A’s catch last night, because that ball tonight was a rocket. Castro had to sprint just to get back there.
What makes it even funkier,
Is that he had his positioning card in his non-glove hand - I didn’t see it last night, but it merited an article this morning.

The MULTI TASKING WEAPON - WS here we come!!

A HR robbery while clutching a card in your other hand? Incredible!​

1695217210119.jpeg

CINCINNATI -- Willi Castro didn’t even have time to put away the little laminated card that tells him where to position himself before he made one of the Twins’ defensive plays of the year.

Still holding the slip of paper in his right hand, Castro launched himself from the center-field warning track at Great American Ball Park and reached his glove over the fence to rob Reds catcher Tyler Stephenson of a two-run blast -- his second highlight-reel grab to help the Twins preserve the shutout in a 7-0 victory that reduced Minnesota’s magic number to three.
Castro hadn’t even been aware of the extra style points in the moment -- but apparently, having the card in his hand is almost an unconscious action for him, because he still held it as he addressed the media after the game.

"I didn't really know [about the card],” Castro said. “Pablo [López] was the one that told me, ‘You had your card in your hand!’ And then I recognized that I had it in my hand to see where I should play him. It was too late. I saw, like, the [ball] pop up, so I went back and I had a good read.”

Not only did Castro rob that homer, but earlier in the game -- also with Stephenson at the plate -- Castro prevented two runs from scoring with a sliding grab in center field, stranding Cincinnati runners on second and third. That earned the everlasting gratitude of Twins starter Kenta Maeda, who threw five scoreless innings with Castro’s help.

“I want to give him as many hugs as possible,” Maeda said through interpreter Dai Sekizaki.
As if all that wasn’t enough, Castro also added two runs on offense with a homer in the seventh off Cincinnati reliever Ben Lively.

It might very well have felt to the Reds like Castro singlehandedly swung the outcome of Tuesday’s game with his contributions on both sides of the ball.
“Really, he took four runs off the board tonight,” Reds manager David Bell said. “Those were big plays. It’s amazing how a play like that can change absolutely everything in a game. It affects how we manage the rest of the game [and] the way they do. It changes all kinds of things.”

Last edited:

Royce should be fine with copious amounts of rest and ice; if you’ve ever strained a hammy, it’s time to give it a nice rest, in my experience. If you don’t and pull it, you’re down for a good 3-4 weeks and mine turned all shades of black and blue and you ain’t going nowhere fast.

Royce should be fine with copious amounts of rest and ice; if you’ve ever strained a hammy, it’s time to give it a nice rest, in my experience. If you don’t and pull it, you’re down for a good 3-4 weeks and mine turned all shades of black and blue and you ain’t going nowhere fast.
I hope you're a better doctor than @jjmd

If he's healthy, Correa will be eligible to be activated before the final season series at Colorado.
He should DH that first game against the Rockies, rest the second, play full the 3rd. With PF you just need as much rest as possible so he won't be 100% until after the season but it should be feeling a lot better after the IL stint.

Rocco isn't managing this series. Just had twin babies.
Don’t get him confused with facts and his anger. Plus do you know for sure he’s not calling to the dugout and telling tingler what to do while he sits at home looking at spreadsheets? I kid.

Top Bottom