All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Any other seam heads out there try this? Warning it's quite addicting. I finally got a perfect board yesterday after a few weeks of failed efforts.

So Stewart went from needing a rest to the 60 day DL. That’s a tough blow considering the shaky foundation of the bullpen and the twins not adding any bullpen help at the deadline.

Any other seam heads out there try this? Warning it's quite addicting. I finally got a perfect board yesterday after a few weeks of failed efforts.

Fun game - they have them for hockey, football, and basketball too.

Fun game - they have them for hockey, football, and basketball too.
Baseball is the only one I have a fighting chance on due to avid baseball card collecting from the 70s - 90s. When they have a newer franchise, I am toast.

Hockey way too many teams established after 1991 that I have little-to-zip knowledge. Yesterday they had the Ottawa Senators and I could only name 2 ever, luckily they fit (Chara & Hasek) but that sill left me 1 short for the grid.

So Stewart went from needing a rest to the 60 day DL. That’s a tough blow considering the shaky foundation of the bullpen and the twins not adding any bullpen help at the deadline.
Also wonder why not just go with Garlick vs claiming a guy that needs a 40 man roster spot?

Yeah, s few liberties were taken with that lineup. No doubt Kepler will be there.
I’m beyond perplexed with Max fixation, but as we say in my neck of the woods -

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Not getting bullpen help was ridiculous. But Stewart's already been out since June, so this move doesn't really change his timeline much, if he makes it back at all.

Abbreviation? Phps, gvn thr trk rec.

Aberration? I certainly hope so, given the years/money invested and the age/injury concerns...I'm not optimistic :-(.
The ladder and not the farmer; the spell chock po po got me again - how udderly kool - git it 😁.

Buck should have whatever knee surgery he needs now and I’d let Lewis play some SS in front of Carlos, maybe the embarrassment will make him fight for PT - that’s the only leverage they have over him at this point

Last edited:

No!!!!! I dont think I can continue on without him and cave on the forty man
If it's any reassurance, Garlick has not been on the 40 Man since June 25th, and you clearly have demonstrated that you have been able to continue on. It just so happens it was without your knowledge. Sort of a tree falling down in the woods situation.

I'm terrible at it. I'm so bad at remembering names.

Baseball is the only one I have a fighting chance on due to avid baseball card collecting from the 70s - 90s. When they have a newer franchise, I am toast.

Hockey way too many teams established after 1991 that I have little-to-zip knowledge. Yesterday they had the Ottawa Senators and I could only name 2 ever, luckily they fit (Chara & Hasek) but that sill left me 1 short for the grid.
Do you still have your cards? I got back into it a few years ago and have been working on completing my old sets.

Stewart reportedly had a 'setback' recently in his rehab. by putting him on the 60-day IL, he is now eligible to return on (I believe) Aug 25. so basically three weeks from now. even if things turn out OK, he would still need a rehab, so putting him on the 60 doesn't make a lot of difference.

Luplow has good numbers against LH pitching - but he has been injured a lot. (cue the jokes about the Twins picking up a guy with a bad injury history............)

I just hope this is not a precursor to more bad news about Kirilloff.

I'm terrible at it. I'm so bad at remembering names.
While fun, it can be frustrating now firmly in middle age. Yesterday, not sure why but for the Red/Red Sox cube, Tony Perez hit me like a bolt of lighting.

Also got good rarity points for the Rookie of Year who also had a .300 Avg season. John Castino was like 0.2%. Surprised it was that high.

Cleveland just traded their hottest pitcher and now lose possibly their best hitter. Division is ours if we want it.

Haven't heard much about Carew lately. He used to come to a fair number of games. I'm not certain if he has attended any this year yet. In addition, I enjoyed his monthly newsletter last year. I'm not seeing it this year. Perhaps he is truly retiring and relaxing.

the luck 🍀 will switch Bailey -
This flares will find mitts soon enough.

Last edited:

If Gallo addressed the static issue with his hair, maybe he wouldn’t strike out so much.

Top Bottom