All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Serenity now.
giphy.gif

Mariners need an IQ test.

2 guys thrown out on the plate when the Twins well known have a lot of good arms on defense. And they were thrown out by a lot.

Now the catcher tries to throw out Castro our known base stealer and chucks it into center field so that Kepler can score from 3rd.

No complaints. Keep being dumb.

It’s going to be interesting to see what they do when Polanco is back.

Either Polanco goes back to 3rd.

Or Julien rotates between 3rd/OF/1B/DH.

Its to the point now where hes got to play everyday and there is no stopping it.

Me likely

Hes played all the positions I mentinoed before. I think 3rd is the least likely one due to his past arm issues plus his seemingly poor accuracy from 2B.

But 1B and OF I think he can do. And with AK being versatile its perfect.

Plus, as well know Julien sucks at 2B anyways. So changing his position doesnt do a whole lot to us.

Unbelievable. Serenity now indeed. Imagine if we had Julien, Kiriloff, Steer, and CES all as young hitters.

That is the irony of Roccos comment the other day about why Wallner isnt playing.

"We have to many left handed outfielders"

Well yeah, we traded away your two most MLB ready right handed power bats in the same damn trade.

Julien strutting a .934 ops. Hitting it over the fence and also using the whole field. Rather impressive.

I know Correa is going to get booed everywhere but is there a reason Seattle is especially pissed off?

Gotta feel good for Balazovic. Went from highly rated prospect to on the verge of washing out to now a major leaguer.

Still 2 games left in this series and Seattle has used their bullpen A LOT.

Castillo tomorrow is really fucking good but if we can get to him. THey do not have a lot of options.

Not sure why we are pulling Julien for D up by 5. Let him get reps.

As a result Taylor hits in his spot and swings at ball 4 twice. Takes away AK's shot a cycle.

I am not arguing 7 games haha. Are you reading anything I am saying? You are so out of your depth here. All I am saying is RIGHT NOW Kepler is not better by ANY metric except you using a stretch of games that occured 2 weeks to 1 month ago. Those 15 games.

"the only difference is Gallo walks more". Are you completely unawre how OBP and OPS work?? You reference that Gallo has 3 and 3 to keplers 2 and 4. You ignore Kepler having 6 more at bats and batting in RBI spots when Gallo bats behind Taylor(who you shredded) and Vazquez. Gallo has a way higher OPS because when he faces a lefty he inflicts far more damage. That is literally what the stat is. Hes more productive in a landslide. And their career number support the data.

Gallo had a nice start but rough 2 months? Man you really, really have got to look at their stats side by side. Its hilarious.

Did Gallo mash in march/April? Yes.

May: Both were horrendous, Gallo shockingly slightly better.
June: Kepler was better
July: Gallo by a lot

So you say "right now" for Max. But the month that we are in right now. Gallo shits on Kepler. Gallo has been better every month except June.

More break downs.

Gallo is better in wins than Kepler is in wins. Gallo is better in losses than Kepler is in losses.

Gallo is better when starting a game than Kepler is. Gallo is better as a sub(Kepler has 0 hits lol).

Gallo was better in the 1st half than Kepler. Gallos numbers in the second half through 4 measly games are better.

Gallo is better with RISP than Kepler. Gallo fucking destroys Max in "late and close" situations.

YOU CHERRY PICKED. You took a 30 day window which is inflated by 15 of those days and its not the most recent 15.

Gallo is better this year. Hes better this month. Hes better these last two weeks. Hes better this week. Hes better this road trip. Literally RIGHT NOW. Joey fucking Gallo is better at baseball than Max Kepler

Just for fun because you have created the most insane argument of all time Ill leave with one more career stat just because its now fun to laugh at you defending a guy who has sucked ass for a decade aside from 1 season.

Gallo has a OPS+ of 115 this year. That is better than every single season max kepler has played pro ball except 1. Gallo has a career OPS+ of 110. Which is better than every single season Max Kepler has played but 1.

This is the most lopsided debate I have ever seen.

Your argument continues to be complete nonsense. Yes 6 more ABs, that's not significant in the large scheme of things.

Should we not count tonights game too?

Gallo is complete trash right now and has been since the end of May. Kepler is a significantly better option right now and it's not close. You keep cherry picking stats to try and prove a point you don't have. You keep leaning back on what Gallo did to start the year and continue to ignore the last 2 months, which is significant. Not 6 measly ABs.

Your argument continues to be complete nonsense. Yes 6 more ABs, that's not significant in the large scheme of things.

Gallo is complete trash right now and has been since the end of May. Kepler is a significantly better option right now and it's not close. You keep cherry picking stats to try and prove a point you don't have. You keep leaning back on what Gallo did to start the year and continue to ignore the last 2 months, which is significant. Not 6 measly ABs.

It not nonsense. Yours is

I have posted every single stat leading up to tonights game. The only one that favored Kepler was a two week stretch 2 weeks ago.

I didnt cherry pick any stat. Are you fucking autistic?? I have used EVERY stat. You are the only one that cherry picked a time period and any time I give any other range.

Month of July. Season. 15 games. 7 games. 1st half. 2nd half. You have shriveld up like a an illiterate little bitch.

I didnt ignore the last two months you stupid fuck. I said SINCE KEPLER RETURNED FROM THE IL. Then you CHERRY PICKED to 30 days. Are you seriously this fucking stupid??

Holy fuck

Like its impressive.

Here in lies the issue

You are such a world class dipshit you are not aware that 2 months is SIXTY or SIXTY ONE days.

Would you like me to go bold your stupid ass 30 day arbitrary line that you mentioned 10 times??

Next time if your caveman ass is going to enter a debate

1. Learn how to read.
2. Learn baseball stats
3. Most importantly keep your argument even if it has no weight consistent.

Yeah yeah, "resort to name calling, mature". When your mongoloid ass cant read the same thing 10 times name calling starts. Fucking embarrassing there are people like you claiming to follow sports.

It not nonsense. Yours is

I have posted every single stat leading up to tonights game. The only one that favored Kepler was a two week stretch 2 weeks ago.

I didnt cherry pick any stat. Are you fucking autistic?? I have used EVERY stat. You are the only one that cherry picked a time period and any time I give any other range.

Month of July. Season. 15 games. 7 games. 1st half. 2nd half. You have shriveld up like a an illiterate little bitch.

I didnt ignore the last two months you stupid fuck. I said SINCE KEPLER RETURNED FROM THE IL. Then you CHERRY PICKED to 30 days. Are you seriously this fucking stupid??

Holy fuck

Like its impressive.

Your logic is that you would rather play Gallo because he was better 2 months ago over Kepler who is better now and better over the last month.

Talk about autisic and stupid logic. Gallo can't even make contact with the ball right now.

Holy fuck.

Lets keep running Buxton out there because he was better in April. The offense sure missed him tonight.

Your stupidity is impressive.

Your logic is that you would rather play Gallo because he was better 2 months ago over Kepler who is better now and better over the last month.

Talk about autisic and stupid logic. Gallo can't even make contact with the ball right now.

Holy fuck.

Lets keep running Buxton out there because he was better in April. The offense sure missed him tonight.

Your stupidity is impressive.

No my logic was not anything about two months ago why do you keep saying that hahaha

I posted a stat about KEPLER SINCE HE RETURNED from the IL.

You then cherry picked "30 days" and called that "right now".

I then taught you literal english. And show that "right now" leading into todays game Gallo has been better this road trip. Over each last 7 games. And over their last 15 games. Meaning if you had one fucking brain cell that Kepler was better TWO weeks ago through FOUR weeks ago.

Everyone can read this thread and see you are a fucking moron. You keep shifting goal posts and come out looking like a bigger dumbass.

FUCKING DIPSHIT

Ober still not enuf innings to qualify for the era leaderboard. Has to be close

Ober still not enuf innings to qualify for the era leaderboard. Has to be close
He's at 88.2 and the Twins have now played 96 games so he's 7.1 innings short.

Not sure why we are pulling Julien for D up by 5. Let him get reps.

As a result Taylor hits in his spot and swings at ball 4 twice. Takes away AK's shot a cycle.
That's the exactly the right time to yank Julien. If he boots a ground ball or two that leads to a few runs then they would have potentially have to bring in Jax or Duran.

Let him get reps pregame fielding fungos pregame today. Limiting the stress on the bullpen is the right move. Textbook. After going 3 for 5, no errors, great time to call it a night. Maximizing Kirilloff's chance at such a random accomplishment should have essentially zero impact on the manager's decision making. Zip.

Having said that, I am guessing Taylor was not even aware of Kirlilloff needing the double. Perhaps just wanted to keep the game going after it had gotten to 7 runs. Gladden suggested it on the radio broadcast.

Top Bottom