All Things 2023 Gophers Fall Camp Thread (Tweets, Pics, Video and More)

Fleck has mentioned before that they use body monitoring systems to determine when players have worked too hard/need some extra time recovering. I just took his comment on Athan and Nubin to be just that, but maybe something else is up.

Fitbit even has something like this where they will recommend you go easier on a workout if you had a more intense than usual workout the day or two prior. Until we hear otherwise, I will assume that is what it is.

Neither AK or Nubin participated in the last open practice. Here's PJ's direct quote:

Nubin was on the field, but had his plays severely limited. The Gophers kick off the 2023 season in 16 days against Nebraska at Huntington Bank Stadium. P.J. Fleck said after Tuesday’s practice neither are injured, but both were held back at the advice of team trainers.

"Nothing big. We do a lot of things based on science and the data. The trainers held back him and Tyler today based on numbers, data, throws, reps, stuff like that," Fleck said. "They make all those decisions in who practices and who doesn’t. I don’t, but they’re both full-go tomorrow. Just managing reps."

Since then there have been quite a few video clips from Gophers social media of practice showing Kramer and Viotto throwing to the top WR group.

It's purely speculation on my part, but this seems more like coach speak and that something minor is up with AK. Limiting a RS SO going into his first full season as a starter with new coordinators and new WR's....doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I dunno, I could see there being data that says "After this many throws in a short amount of time the risk of shoulder injury goes up" or something of the sort. Don't know about Nubin.

Fitbit even has something like this where they will recommend you go easier on a workout if you had a more intense than usual workout the day or two prior. Until we hear otherwise, I will assume that is what it is.
Agreed, more and more science shows not giving yourself proper time to rest and recover can actually be detrimental to your progress.

I dunno, I could see there being data that says "After this many throws in a short amount of time the risk of shoulder injury goes up" or something of the sort. Don't know about Nubin.
Pitch count.

Fleck has mentioned before that they use body monitoring systems to determine when players have worked too hard/need some extra time recovering. I just took his comment on Athan and Nubin to be just that, but maybe something else is up.
They are smart at injury prevention and maximizing player performance.

Top Bottom