All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Amazing seeing Jokic and now Doncic. Wow

Big Perk, said yesterday, if Ant and the Wolves were to beat the Suns, Nuggets, Mave and Celtics to win the title, it would be the most impressive post season run by a young superstar and any NBA champion ever, based on the lineup of stars they’d vanquish. He knows his hoops.

He believes in them and called us coming back to win game 6 & 7.

Edwards the leader in post season PPG of all remaining players with 28.9
Doncic is next with 27.3

Looking at their roster, they have no chance at countering when we go big. Between Rudy/KAT/Naz, they're averaging 87.5min/game. Between Washington/Gafford/Lively, they're averaging 77.9 min/game. Kleber is out. Lively is a rookie going up against grown men. Do the Wolves go smaller to counter, or do they try and play bully ball? If the refs let them, I think you have to start with trying bully ball and live in the paint. They've going to have to sag down to help out against our big 3, hopefully leaving Ant with more open shots.

Players averaging more than 10min/game in the playoffs:

View attachment 31492

View attachment 31491

The Wolves have stayed big and stuck with what got them through the regular season to this point in the playoffs. I don't see that changing this series or any series.

I think the fact that Dallas has two legit bigs is their only chance to win the series. Gafford has played well against the Wolves in the past and Lively had a solid rookie season. If those two can hang with Rudy and Naz.... we could have a series on our hands.

I think our bench will (again) be a problem for Dallas. I don't see Hardaway or Green outplaying Naz and NAW.

Definitely need a better series out of NAW. He was great in game 2, along with everyone else, but he really struggled the rest of the series.

Celtics 127 Pacers 123 with 31 seconds left in O.T.

Celtics have shot 45 3pt shots. Pacers 34.

Celtics have shot 26 free throws. Pacers have shot 6. Six.

Tony Brothers effect?

Edit: Boston 133 Pacers 128

Last edited:

Damn, Pacers up 3 points and have the ball with 8 seconds to go.

And they lose.

Damn, Pacers up 3 points and have the ball with 8 seconds to go.

And they lose.
They twice had a 3-point lead with possession in the last 20 seconds and turned it over both times before BOS could foul them for game-sealing free throws. Just wow.

Celtics 127 Pacers 123 with 31 seconds left in O.T.

Celtics have shot 45 3pt shots. Pacers 34.

Celtics have shot 26 free throws. Pacers have shot 6. Six.

Tony Brothers effect?

Edit: Boston 133 Pacers 128
More like Halliburton losing it at the end of the 4th. They had that game.

More like Halliburton losing it at the end of the 4th. They had that game.

True, they had it and Haliburton gave it/shot it away.

Pretty impressive considering Boston had a 30-10 advantage in free throws that the Pacers had to deal with.Think they only had 2 attempts in the 1st Half. When Mike Breen and Doris Roberts start pointing out errors by the refs it's a very badly officiated game.

We are the "it" team right now. We have the "it" player and the adoration of the national media and the interest of the casual fan.

This is so fun.

Howl Wolves!!

Top Bottom