All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

So we gave up 12, 34, and 46 to our division rivals for 32, 53, 59, and 66.

How the fuck does that make any sense? I'm starting to think Kwesi lied on his resume about being a numbers guy because his math is bunk.

Vikings about to trade the 53rd and 59th pick to the Bears for 39.

What a shit show. Saying you are trying to win and then bring back basically the same team indicates you wanna win. Then you go into the draft and get cute with stacking picks that need time to develop. You can’t have it both ways. Give me the Rams approach anyway who basically don’t have a pick in the first couple of rounds for 5 years over this bulk shit.

This is exactly what trader Rick and Zim did and that don’t work out so well.

This new GM is suspect...

Will let it play out. But I hope we aren't last in the division this season.

This new GM is suspect...

Will let it play out. But I hope we aren't last in the division this season.

Adofo-MENSAH = MENSA. Parlaying a few early picks into several late round picks is the way. Also, don’t let the two defensive backfield picks fool you. Spielman and Zimmer are long gone.

They started the draft with 12, 46, and 77. Now they have 32, 42, 59, and 66. Drafted Booth who many wanted at 34.

I was mad earlier but this actually seems ok. Helping the division get two WRs is the worst part.
If these trades weren’t with divisional teams, it would be ok. But not all trade partners are created equal.

So so far we've traded: 12 (1), 46 (2), 77 (3), 192 (6)

And gotten: 32 (1), 42 (2), 59 (2), 66 (3) and 122 (4).

I have a CPA, but I'm not sure if that works out to our favor or not. :cool:

If we want Willis we have to jump over Atlanta...

Wow, the Queens are now the "Dancing Queens" with all the trading. My head is spinning!!!

Pre-draft we had (8)picks: 12, 46, 77, 156, 184, 191, 192, 250.
If I have all this straight, to now have (9) picks: 32, 42, 59, 66, 122, 156, 184, 191, 250

Other than our first pick trade, we have moved up the draft order. We had three picks prior to 156, now we have five.

They started the draft with 12, 46, and 77. Now they have 32, 42, 59, and 66. Drafted Booth who many wanted at 34.

I was mad earlier but this actually seems ok. Helping the division get two WRs is the worst part.
I tend to see the same except I don’t care whom they dealt with so much, other than if they get fleeced.

Perhaps that Lions deal can be argued, but There’s merit on either side.

I suspect the Packers would have gotten up there at 35 or 36 and gotten the WR. The Lions one is harder to defend.
I tend to agree.

If I’m reading the tea leaves correctly, Kwesi valued Cine somewhere between 12-20. Or I guess one could say, he was best available at 12. He was projecting cine was not rated as highly by the market. So, the additional picks are gravy. Moreover, He gets to pay the #34 money instead of #12 money.

Instead, he needed to think they could and would pay a little more to get their guy.

Top Bottom