All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

he won’t, because he is all about himself and that is why he and his Vikings have zero chance to ever win a Super Bowl.
They haven't drafted a defensive playmaker in 8 years.

Start drafting better. Their defensive drafts are embarrassing and horrific.

Why on God's green earth would Cousins take a pay cut when he just took this team, with a new HC and DC, to an NFC North title and 13 wins and is likely to finish his time with the Vikings leading every single statistical category in franchise history?
Actually, it is highly unlikely, when Sir Francis spent most of his career here (HOF and arguably the franchise’s most important player in their storied history)- per Pro Football Reference -

😉 YW

Last edited:

A quick internet search showed that as of 9/1/22, he was the 10th highest paid QB in the NFL, and that's before guys like Herbert and Burrow get paid.

You want him to be paid like the 20th highest paid QB? WTF?

A word of advice, as they always say, never count someone else's money.
Guys like Burrow actually take their teams to Super Bowls, though. I see i riled up another Cousins fanboy. Not surprised in the least that YOU are one.

Guys like Burrow actually take their teams to Super Bowls, though. I see i riled up another Cousins fanboy. Not surprised in the least that YOU are one.

I'm not a Cousins fanboy, I'm a realist. You really think Cousins getting paid $31M next year instead of $35M is going to put this defense over the top? What team are you watching? This was the worst defense I have literally ever seen, and you think knocking a couple of extra $M off the QB's contract is going to make all the difference.... SMH....

The 3-4 defense is inferior. This year was a mistake to use that.

Bill Parcells ran a 3-4 in New York because he had phenom linebacker Lawrence Taylor. Parcells then later switched to a 4-3 because the 4-3 is better unless you have unique talent for the 3-4 which the Vikings do not match.

Get out of the 3-4 this offseason. Retool the pass coverage. One year to prep a successor to Cousins since Cousins has one year left on the contract.

It was an exciting season. Fans got a great ride this time.

Actually, it is highly unlikely, when Sir Francis spent most of his career here (HOF and arguably the franchise’s most important player in their storied history)- per Pro Football Reference -

😉 YW

That is an incredibly enlightening and honestly sobering list (yes, I've accessed this one many times); looking at the Vikings list and looking at Comp %, Games played, TD %, TD-INT ratio, W-L record, QB rating, Yard/Game, INT %, etc...

Yes, it's crazy to see how far Cousins is ahead of every other QB that's ever suited up for the Vikings.

I'm not a Cousins fanboy, I'm a realist. You really think Cousins getting paid $31M next year instead of $35M is going to put this defense over the top? What team are you watching? This was the worst defense I have literally ever seen, and you think knocking a couple of extra $M off the QB's contract is going to make all the difference.... SMH....
Cousins STINKS for the amount he is paid, period. Like Herschel Walker before him, He was the single most destructive investment the Vikings have made in a very long time. Horrible roster management. Worse, they paid all that money to a QB without ever establishing an O-line. Maybe Cousins is a good enough QB to win if he has an O-line, but how do you build an O-line if the QB eats all of the budget?

That is an incredibly enlightening and honestly sobering list (yes, I've accessed this one many times); looking at the Vikings list and looking at Comp %, Games played, TD %, TD-INT ratio, W-L record, QB rating, Yard/Game, INT %, etc...

Yes, it's crazy to see how far Cousins is ahead of every other QB that's ever suited up for the Vikings.
Yeah. As if Fran played in the time of artificial turf, perfect indoor weather conditions, WRs wearing sticky gloves and passing-oriented football. Next you’ll tell us half of the NFL kickers are the best that ever played, too, because they make 60 yarders often now. As if nothing about the game has changed over time.

Fran was a winner - at least good enough for his time to lead the Vikings to the top of the NFC . Kirk is not.

Last edited:

Cousins STINKS for the amount he is paid, period. Like Herschel Walker before him, He was the single most destructive investment the Vikings have made in a very long time. Horrible roster management. Worse, they paid all that money to a QB without ever establishing an O-line. Maybe Cousins is a good enough QB to win if he has an O-line, but how do you build an O-line if the QB eats all of the budget?

Going into Week 17, PFF had the Vikings OL ranked 10th in the NFL, and at the time that was with Schlottman at Center. All drafted and developed (with Bradbury instead of Schlottman) by the Vikings, all in the 1st and 2nd rounds

Enlighten us to some more of your high football IQ here, please.

A quick internet search showed that as of 9/1/22, he was the 10th highest paid QB in the NFL, and that's before guys like Herbert and Burrow get paid.

You want him to be paid like the 20th highest paid QB? WTF?

A word of advice, as they always say, never count someone else's money.
Can I like this comment 100 times?

Going into Week 17, PFF had the Vikings OL ranked 10th in the NFL, and at the time that was with Schlottman at Center. All drafted and developed (with Bradbury instead of Schlottman) by the Vikings, all in the 1st and 2nd rounds

Your boy threw a 4-yard pass on 4th and 8 on the most important play of the game, Cousins Fanboy #1. Remember that as you gaze lovingly into your mega sized Cousins fathead.

PFF is not the end all.

I didnt watch every minute of every game this year, but when I did watch, all of the pressure came from the interior. They need to improve both the C and OGs regardless of how PFF ranks them

PFF is not the end all.

I didnt watch every minute of every game this year, but when I did watch, all of the pressure came from the interior. They need to improve both the C and OGs regardless of how PFF ranks them

I totally agree on PFF, but it was the first list that I came across when I did a search. One more thing that I thought was interesting; also going into Week 17, the Vikings OL had been called for the fewest amount of penalties in the NFL.

I expect Ingram and Cleveland to get a lot better, particularly Ingram; the wild card is what they do at Center with Bradbury.

Your boy threw a 4-yard pass on 4th and 8 on the most important play of the game, Cousins Fanboy #1. Remember that as you gaze lovingly into your mega sized Cousins fathead.
I care nothing about Cousins. I watched the worst defense in viking history this season. They were disgusting.

You will never win a thing with that disgusting shit.

That's a joke. Every game I watch, Cousins is under tremendous pressure. The interior has given up pressure for a decade or more.

They just never get it fixed.

Most likely that was the offensive coordinator's call. It's a probability game. Throwing a few yards to a strong tight end has about the same or slightly better odds of throwing to the sticks. Except here the defense was close and the play was not a good one.

I'd rather have Goff for $21M, undoubtedly.

Combine Cousins salary with the hits allocated to Theilen & Cook, it makes it that much tougher build an adequate defense.

If defense was just average, 20th or so, the Vikings would have been legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

That's a joke. Every game I watch, Cousins is under tremendous pressure. The interior has given up pressure for a decade or more.

They just never get it fixed.
Cousins didnt get pressured much today, at all. Part of the giants plan.

What you wrote is not true.

Minnesota had the #23 offensive line in the NFL per Pro Football Focus.

23. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (UP 2)

LT Christian Darrisaw | 71.8
LG Ezra Cleveland | 68.1
C Garrett Bradbury | 60.2
RG Oli Udoh | 54.7
RT Brian O’Neill | 73.7

Rookie Christian Darrisaw looks like a major addition to the line that will pay dividends going forward, the first Minnesota has had since it drafted Brian O’Neill on the other side of the line. Darrisaw finished with a 71.8 PFF grade after allowing 22 pressures in 11 games.

The tackles were the two best-graded members of the line, and the only two above 70.0 overall. O’Neill was the lone Vikings lineman to play snaps this season who earned a pass-blocking grade above 65.0, and that is where Minnesota’s biggest area to target improvement needs to be. END QUOTE

Yeah. As if Fran played in the time of artificial turf, perfect indoor weather conditions, WRs wearing sticky gloves and passing-oriented football. Next you’ll tell us half of the NFL kickers are the best that ever played, too, because they make 60 yarders often now. As if nothing about the game has changed over time.

Fran was a winner - at least good enough for his time to lead the Vikings to the top of the NFC . Kirk is not.
I bet if cousins had the purple people eaters as his defense he'd have gone undefeated this season. The o line, cook, and the defense were the problems today and the entire season.

I bet if cousins had the purple people eaters as his defense he'd have gone undefeated this season. The o line, cook, and the defense were the problems today and the entire season.

I personally think player stats and "greatness" need to be placed within their eras. Fran Tarkenton smashed several records back then. It was a different era. Now rules are different, seasons are longer, athletic training today is a science way ahead of back then. So Tarkenton was a great one for that time.

I think Cousins would need to be graded in the context of this time. He's very good. Everyone wants a Tom Brady, Brett Favre... those are hard to get. What's the next best alternative? The draft is usually risky.

I think comparing Cousins to the other playoff QBs is fair.

You are so far off here. That play was infuriating. But Cousins deserves less than 1% of the blame for this game today or this season overall. In fact, he is the reason we won 13 games and even played today.

What you wrote is not true.

Minnesota had the #23 offensive line in the NFL per Pro Football Focus.

23. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (UP 2)

LT Christian Darrisaw | 71.8
LG Ezra Cleveland | 68.1
C Garrett Bradbury | 60.2
RG Oli Udoh | 54.7
RT Brian O’Neill | 73.7

Rookie Christian Darrisaw looks like a major addition to the line that will pay dividends going forward, the first Minnesota has had since it drafted Brian O’Neill on the other side of the line. Darrisaw finished with a 71.8 PFF grade after allowing 22 pressures in 11 games.

The tackles were the two best-graded members of the line, and the only two above 70.0 overall. O’Neill was the lone Vikings lineman to play snaps this season who earned a pass-blocking grade above 65.0, and that is where Minnesota’s biggest area to target improvement needs to be. END QUOTE

Uhhhh..... you may want to check the date on the article you linked. WTF.... It says Final 2021 OL Rankings...

This is from, you know, actually THIS season.

PFF Offensive Line Rankings Going Into Week 17

Other than that, you had an absolutely brilliant and astute contribution. Right on par with some of your drivel from the BB board.

Lawrence is eating Bradbury’s lunch.

Dude is just not strong enough to be a starting OL in the NFL.
Guessing not many centers in the league can take Lawrence's full-on bull rush and straight up stymie him. But also agree getting pushed back into Kirk's lap on roller skates isn't great.

Would be interesting to see how Jason Kelce does against that.

Bradbury moves well, knows the offense well, and works well with Kirk. Guessing there is no chance they do something else at Center, when there are so many other needs on this team.

Uhhhh..... you may want to check the date on the article you linked. WTF.... It says Final 2021 OL Rankings...

This is from, you know, actually THIS season.

PFF Offensive Line Rankings Going Into Week 17

Other than that, you had an absolutely brilliant and astute contribution. Right on par with some of your drivel from the BB board.

You are correct. I stand corrected. I was at the current team news and saw that link. Error on my part.

Well ok then you made a good point about that.

As predictable as it can get.

Kirk played a great game but that’s inexcusable.
Big game Kirk!

No but seriously ... maybe Kirk needs to be getting hit as he's throwing?? He's played as well this year as he ever has ... and feels like he was under pressure well more than half the time??

11-1 in one score games, and the playoff game was the one.
Last year wasn't it like crazy the other way?

So we weren't really a 13 win team this year. Got all the missed karma from last year piled into this year.

Ed sucks donkey, but the talent on defense is embarrassing.

We have a massive problem here on the Vikings.

No one in the secondary can run. Peterson, Bynum, Smith and whoever they roll out at the other corner spot suck balls. They are slow and don't react.

The two linebackers do not belong in the league anymore. They are fossils and slow as shit.

The defensive tackles suck.

Zadarius has done nothing since mid-season.

And Hunter is being paid massive money to be ok.

And there appears to be little young talent.

Damn, what a predicament. They don't have a second round pick, either.
How do you fix all of this ... and keep the offense at least reasonably well, and stay under the cap?

Kirk sucking up $45M or whatever it is.

Get rid of Cook. But I doubt that does much.

OL still needs help.

Top Bottom