All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

He didn't learn it in (less than) I week. I explained how they did it.

My argument is that a rookie would not not know the playbook at all, but would know it less well than a guy who was drafted in 2020, went on the practice squad for 2020 and 2021, and has now made it up to the active roster.

Does the rook still not know it well enough that he can't start over that guy? Him not playing last week might seem to indicate that. But now that guy had an awful game, and might give the coaches a reason to reevaluate if the rook can do it.

I don't think anything about that is unreasonable or impossible.

But realistically, with the short week, I would not bet on it happening. But if Brandel has another terrible game, they have to do something. They can't just sit there and flush the season down the toilet.

* this also obviously depends on if Darrisaw is done for the year or not.
Yeah, I watched the game the same as you. Hockenson learned the playbook in 1 week - you just described how he learned it.

Yeah, I watched the game the same as you. Hockenson learned the playbook in 1 week - you just described how he learned it.
"Learned" meaning Blough translated.

That's what happened, I have no idea why you're resisting it, but it doesn't matter.

Same Old Lions, albeit feisty. Set up for future success though, in possession of their own #1 pick in 2023 plus the Rams. Currently that would be the 6th overall selection.

Can they just script the first 60 plays of the game? They’re so good on the first drive.

Can they just script the first 60 plays of the game? They’re so good on the first drive.
I think O’Connell falls too in love with the pass. They mix it up nice on the first drive but then they fall into the trap of nothing but passing. They are the opposite of the Gophers!

Nice drive and good to see us shredding the 4th ranked D.

Geez maybe we just had a bad week, coming off an emotional win against a good team.

Maybe we’re not the bad Skol haters

Vikings should just start going for the 2 pt conversion every time.

Had not gone at Duke Shelly the entire half. Now when they gotta have it they go right at him.

This rush 4 and drop 7 ain’t working. The 4 are getting no pressure and the DB’s ain’t that good. Not to mention most QB’s can pick apart a zone defense with time.

Had not gone at Duke Shelly the entire half. Now when they gotta have it they go right at him.

This rush 4 and drop 7 ain’t working. The 4 are getting no pressure and the DB’s ain’t that good. Not to mention most QB’s can pick apart a zone defense with time.
Duke says HaHaHa
Lot be lotting even on a holiday 😉

Joseph has got to go. The failure to kick it through the end zone ends up at the 50 and the missed EP's are beyond pathetic. Enough already.

This D is making Mac Jones look like Brees. 4 TD passes all year, and now he’s up to 2 in this game alone.

He’s been mostly a stiff all year. Currently 17/21, 221yds, 2td

This D is making Mac Jones look like Brees. 4 TD passes all year, and now he’s up to 2 in this game alone.

He’s been mostly a stiff all year. Currently 17/21, 221yds, 2td
Feels a lot like the gophers. They wanna bend and not break and play soft zone coverage all game. When the initial 4 can’t get home it’s like Swiss cheese out there with massive holes in the zone.

When your top two draft picks either can’t learn the playbook (and thus doesn’t see the field), and then gets immediately injured, or is worse than a journeyman backup CB, and then also gets injured, your secondary is probably not going to be great.

Glad it’s not , but a silly rule as it never hit the ground. Let players dictate the outcome, not review
I thought the tip of the ball hit the ground. I could agree with it being a catch but then it’s not a touchdown as he didn’t regain control until he was short of the goal line.

Top Bottom