All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Memory is a little fuzzy but I thought they/we really liked what we saw of Ty Chandler in the preseason, the RB they nabbed in the 5th round out of UNC. Can't put it all on him but a combination of a solid veteran and Chandler could work, with Kene N in the mix as well
That could work too. A more power running back and a few faster guys.

I don’t think getting the #1 pick helps the Bears unless they want to trade down. They’re not gonna take Bryce Young. Houston will.

I'm praying the Bears think they saw enough from Fields to roll with him for the next year or so. That would be incredible news for the rest of the NFC North.

Oh the Vikings. I am not sure there has ever been a 13-4 team that has absolutely no shot to win the Super Bowl. None !!!! They are entertaining and have overachieved but there will be no parade.

Oh the Vikings. I am not sure there has ever been a 13-4 team that has absolutely no shot to win the Super Bowl. None !!!! They are entertaining and have overachieved but there will be no parade.

13-4 and an NFC North title; I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you won't find anyone at Twin Cities OPC who don't think this was one of the most successful seasons for the franchise in recent history. Also doubt you'll find many people in the Vikings organization who think they have no shot.

Were they fortunate and did they overachieve? Of course they did, virtually every team that finishes with that good of a record somehow did both. Look at the predictions before the season, with a brand new GM and brand new HC, I doubt many were predicting 13 wins and a Division title.

The Vikings are in the playoffs and have the easiest 1st round opponent. Never say never.

I am always hoping the Vikings draft a QB, even if it's in the middle to late rounds, but KAM was smart staying away from the QBs in this class. They are all terrible except Purdy, who was the last pick. Maybe Zappe as well.

I'm definitely in the camp that they should move on from Cook, but Mattison is an average RB. Plus this is the last year of his deal. You can find good RBs in the middle rounds of the draft every year.
There's also a bunch of decent veteran RB's who will be free agents this year and cost far less than Cook. I'm not opposed to Cook returning if he takes a pay cut but that's unlikely.

The Vikings are in the playoffs and have the easiest 1st round opponent. Never say never.
If Detroit wins, Seattle will be the easiest 1st round opponent. Not that the Packers/refs/NFL will let that happen.

If Detroit wins, Seattle will be the easiest 1st round opponent. Not that the Packers/refs/NFL will let that happen.

The tie is the only thing that separates them record wise, and Seattle beat the Giants earlier this season.

Seattle's been mostly terrible the 2nd half of the season. Beating the Rams in OT doesn't change that.

Since the two teams played, Seattle is 4-5. The Giants are 3-5-1. If you include the game they played, Seattle is 5-5 and the Giants are 3-6-1 down the stretch. Seattle has the better offense. I'd much rather play the Giants.

I'm praying the Bears think they saw enough from Fields to roll with him for the next year or so. That would be incredible news for the rest of the NFC North.
He’s definitely a dynamic player with his legs. And he can wins some games with those legs. But I certainly question his passing. Although he doesn’t have much help at WR either.

Jared Geoff’s first two passes were trash - he doesn’t look very motivated to play in the chilly weather

He’s definitely a dynamic player with his legs. And he can wins some games with those legs. But I certainly question his passing. Although he doesn’t have much help at WR either.

If the Bears are behind in the second half and Fields needs to stand in the pocket and make throws, good Lord, look out....

12 games played last year, 15 this year; 12 fumbles last year, 16 fumbles this year. A complete deer in the headlights if you make him stand in the pocket. Dude was sacked 55 times, easily the most in the NFL, and he didn't play all the games. Had a TD-INT ratio this year of 17-11.

Fields is a running back, lining up behind center. That's fine, some teams are going with a 6-back offensive attack in todays NFL, but the sustainability long-term is hard to really see.

If I could find this for a prop bet, I would bet 1 or 2 paychecks that he doesn't start at QB for the Bears in 2024 for 15+ games.

I’d take Young. What can you get for Fields? At least a second rounder, no? Somebody surely thinks they can get more out of him. The league is starved for QBs. They could get a haul for the pick, but I’d try to move Fields before the draft.

As a Vikes fan, I’m hoping they stay the course and keep Fields. He has yet to prove he can be a viable passing QB.

They overturn a Lions interception that would give them the ball at the Green Bay 20 on "hands to the face". The NFL couldn't put their thumb on the scale any harder.

Watching this game, and I’m still dumbfounded how the Vikes enabled the Lions and Pack to draft Jameson Williams and Christian Watson. Outside of that one catch against the Vikes, Williams hasn’t done much, but his ceiling is still high. Nevermind Quay Walker would have been available to the Vikes and sure could have helped a lot more than Cine.

Watching this game, and I’m still dumbfounded how the Vikes enabled the Lions and Pack to draft Jameson Williams and Christian Watson. Outside of that one catch against the Vikes, Williams hasn’t done much, but his ceiling is still high. Nevermind Quay Walker would have been available to the Vikes and sure could have helped a lot more than Cine.
I don't mind the Packers trade because if we hadn't done it, they'd have made the same trade 1-2 picks down and still gotten Watson. The Lions trade was terrible. We didn't get nearly enough and could have gotten Kyle Hamilton.

And shortly after I write this, Walker shoves the Lions medical staff. Yikes.

I don't mind the Packers trade because if we hadn't done it, they'd have made the same trade 1-2 picks down and still gotten Watson. The Lions trade was terrible. We didn't get nearly enough and could have gotten Kyle Hamilton.
I believe the Lions traded our pick we traded to them to the Pack, no? Either way, we have blood on our hands. Everybody was saying how the trade with the Lions graded out well, but there are only so many times you have the ability to draft a top 12 guy. My mantra every draft, no matter the sport- acquire as much high end talent you can. Positions, depth charts, etc will work themselves out. You are more likely to get a high end talent at 12 than at the end of the first round. Unless the trade partner is desperate and overpays a bunch, just get the best guy available.

I believe the Lions traded our pick we traded to them to the Pack, no? Either way, we have blood on our hands. Everybody was saying how the trade with the Lions graded out well, but there are only so many times you have the ability to draft a top 12 guy. My mantra every draft, no matter the sport- acquire as much high end talent you can. Positions, depth charts, etc will work themselves out. You are more likely to get a high end talent at 12 than at the end of the first round. Unless the trade partner is desperate and overpays a bunch, just get the best guy available.
No. We traded with the Packers, though I'm not sure if it was our original pick or the one we got from the Lions. The compensation we got in the Packers trade was good, and as I said, they'd likely still have gotten Watson even if we'd said no.

Rodgers picked. Refs look around frantically for something to call...

Damn.

Seattle #7 is a guaranteed SF win.

But this Pack doesn’t seem much better. Where is the Pack from last week???? That team beats SF. No where to be seen.

Top Bottom