All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The one nice thing with Center, at least, is that in usual 40 fronts the Nose isn't lined up exactly right on the C and so that often translates into a double-team with a Guard. So he's not on an island.

Damn.

OK. Thanks for sharing that

100% Vikings to lose two OL starters right before the playoffs.
Plus is Darrisaw playing as well as he did before the concussions?

I won't pretend to evaluate offensive line play, but missing a few weeks presumably without any or limited physical activity could be affecting his abilities.

He had that one play where he got beat for a sack. He's not perfect, but feel like his name still rarely gets called?

Could be though

I'm not privy to Bradbury's actual medical condition but it seems it's more than "tightness". Doogie on SKOR North in early December was reporting the injury as potentially season ending. He had progressed to doing some activities before the Colts game, and then was in the car accident after that game.

Only reason he has not been put on the IR, in Doogie's words, is the hope that he can come back for the playoffs. He also doesn't question his toughness.

Just my opinion, attempting to play to early with the possibility of further injuring and then guaranty he would miss the playoffs would have been just flat out stupid.

Reading between the lines (just a flat out guess on my part) is that once the Vikings are done, Bradbury is going to have to go under the knife to fix whatever ails him.
Bradbury is also a free agent. While he was better this year, I doubt he's back. What round does JMS figure to get drafted in?

Bradbury is also a free agent. While he was better this year, I doubt he's back. What round does JMS figure to get drafted in?
He's #1 on Kiper's board, take that for what it's worth. The Iowa kid from last year had steam as being one of the best centers in a while, and he got taken late first round if I'm remembering correctly. Burns on Gopher Gridiron thinks JMS is a top 45 pick, but he's not an NFL guy.

The Vikes first round pick might be a bit of a stretch, but they have no second rounder. I'm so burned out by Spielman (and Kwesi in his first go-round) trying to be too smart and dropping themselves out of a good pick by trading back so often. If the guy you like is there, just pick him. JMS seems like a good option, considering their OL woes. Of course, they need a bunch of new blood on defense as well...

He's #1 on Kiper's board, take that for what it's worth. The Iowa kid from last year had steam as being one of the best centers in a while, and he got taken late first round if I'm remembering correctly. Burns on Gopher Gridiron thinks JMS is a top 45 pick, but he's not an NFL guy.

The Vikes first round pick might be a bit of a stretch, but they have no second rounder. I'm so burned out by Spielman (and Kwesi in his first go-round) trying to be too smart and dropping themselves out of a good pick by trading back so often. If the guy you like is there, just pick him. JMS seems like a good option, considering their OL woes. Of course, they need a bunch of new blood on defense as well...
Agreed. They could sure use Kyle Hamilton about now. If they go into the 2nd round for jms, I hope they trade up, not back.

NFC teams - points differential

49'ers: 12-4 +148 pts
Cowboys: 12-4 +145 pts
Eagles: 13-3 +127 pts
Vikings 12-4 (-19) pts

One of these things is not like the other things.

Agreed. They could sure use Kyle Hamilton about now. If they go into the 2nd round for jms, I hope they trade up, not back.
I'm on the side of trading up. No doubt. Identify players you really like and go for them. If you're indifferent, trade for future picks instead of quantity in the same year and hoping a one of a handful of 6th and 7th rounders stick

I'm on the side of trading up. No doubt. Identify players you really like and go for them. If you're indifferent, trade for future picks instead of quantity in the same year and hoping a one of a handful of 6th and 7th rounders stick
Rick loved 7th rounders too much to do that. Let's draft 12 guys so that we can cut 7 of them before week 1!

Vikings 12-4 (-19) pts

What is everyone's fetish with this meaningless statistic???

Do me a favor: take out the top and bottom best/worst two best scores from each of those teams, so removing the two best and two worst games for each.

Then what does it look like?

What is everyone's fetish with this meaningless statistic???

Do me a favor: take out the top and bottom best/worst two best scores from each of those teams, so removing the two best and two worst games for each.

Why can't it just be interesting for the heck of it? It is unprecedented. That means never happened before.

I find it unbelievably fascinating. No idea why. Just is.

As a fan would I want a more favorable point differential but a worse W/L record? Hell, no. Glad they have the Division title in hand and just playing for seed.

Vikings 12-4 (-19) pts

So the Vikings would have to score roughly 21 unanswered TDs to pass the Eagles on this stat.

As was well put in The Program: are you hurt or are you injured?

If you're injured, then get on the ____ing IR and get out of our way. If you're hurt, then it's time to suck it up and get your ass out there.
STF Up with this.
He’ll play when his back allows him to play.

Here’s my hope:
This weekend Seattle beats LAR, then Sunday night the Lions go into GB and pull off the the stunner even though the league and refs do all they can to gift GB the 7th seed. Vikes, Niners and Eagles all win.
Next week, Vikings beat Giants, Seattle upsets the Niners and TB beats the Cowboys.
That means we’d host the Bucs and Seattle goes to Phila. We beat the Bucs and Seattle finds a way to upset the Eagles.
We host the NFC title game and beat Seattle and then face the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Bud Grant will give an inspirational speech to the team before heading to Glendale and the Vikings will exact some revenge on Hank Stram and the Chiefs overcoming a 10 pt deficit in the 4th quarter to win it all!!

Here’s my hope:
This weekend Seattle beats LAR, then Sunday night the Lions go into GB and pull off the the stunner even though the league and refs do all they can to gift GB the 7th seed. Vikes, Niners and Eagles all win.
Next week, Vikings beat Giants, Seattle upsets the Niners and TB beats the Cowboys.
That means we’d host the Bucs and Seattle goes to Phila. We beat the Bucs and Seattle finds a way to upset the Eagles.
We host the NFC title game and beat Seattle and then face the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Bud Grant will give an inspirational speech to the team before heading to Glendale and the Vikings will exact some revenge on Hank Stram and the Chiefs overcoming a 10 pt deficit in the 4th quarter to win it all!!

Take away the 2 best and 2 worst from each.

I am not interested enough to find that information with those arbitrary parameters which also eliminates 25% of the games played up to this point.

It’s just the game scores
Then go look them up.

Such a stat does not nearly have much meaning (in my opinion) when eliminating 25% of the games and at least 50% of the losses. I am sure the numbers would be closer. Does not interest me.

Each game is like a test. In school most the time one does not get to throw out the 2 high and 2 low test scores. It is about evaluating the entire body of work.

In terms of the Vikings, again it is UNPRECEDENTED. Not just in Minnesota history or "NFL history since..." Not ever. Never. Over 100+ seasons. Hasn't happened.

I find that fascinating and quite remarkable for the team to achieve a 12-4 record in this situation.

Here’s my hope:
Seattle isn't good. That's not happening.

Top Bottom