All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Cousins has been hit more times than any qb in the NFL this year.

They just can't pass block. It's just year after year after year after year. It's just unreal.

Our passing is almost insane with our pass blocking. Pressure up the middle is crazy bad for this team.
Ingram struggles in pass pro. Bradbury was playing better this year. Cleveland isn't bad.

Kirk doesn't help anything. Makes it exponentially worse. Hangs onto the ball for decades, and is a statue.

O'Neil must have ruptured his calf. Wonder if he will get surgery or just let it heal naturally, since he won't be back this season.

Ingram struggles in pass pro. Bradbury was playing better this year. Cleveland isn't bad.

Kirk doesn't help anything. Makes it exponentially worse. Hangs onto the ball for decades, and is a statue.
They suck at pass blocking. It's pretty simple if you watch the games.

Last edited:

Disagree that Bradbury and Cleveland were sucking. They weren't great. That's semantics, of course.

Kirk is a factor in it too. An NFL QB can't expect more then X.X seconds of clean pocket on average, and holding the ball and being a statue after that time is his own fault for being sacked.

Disagree that Bradbury and Cleveland were sucking. They weren't great. That's semantics, of course.

Kirk is a factor in it too. An NFL QB can't expect more then X.X seconds of clean pocket on average, and holding the ball and being a statue after that time is his own fault for being sacked.
Ok, mostly Kirk.

Bradbury better get his damn "tight back" fixed. Come on, enough of this sissy crap.

It was fine when Schlottmann was playing just as good as you were, for a fraction of the cost, but now we actually need you.
break out the cortisone!

Not entirely wrong, but don't forget pretty much every OL they drafted up until Darrisaw (who has been absolutely awesome) was intended to fit into Kubiak's zone run-blocking scheme, pass blocking be damned.

Lets not forget how many times they needed to run it up the gut with a QB sneak or with Cook and have gotten stuffed. Bills game before the Bills fumble with Cousins, and Packers game after the blocked punt, cooked stuffed 3 times. Cleve, whoever is playing center, and Ingram dont get enough push

I see some Vikings fans blaming the playing surface? WTF. Like the Packers were playing on a different surface.

How about playing with the correct cleats?

Also, Vikings played 8 games in a row on turf. So that hurt, but many of them have played cold weather grass before. Shame on them for not adjusting.

Not entirely wrong, but don't forget pretty much every OL they drafted up until Darrisaw (who has been absolutely awesome) was intended to fit into Kubiak's zone run-blocking scheme, pass blocking be damned.
Kubiak was only here two years. Spielman was generally terrible about prioritizing Oline in the draft.

Sure, but it is pretty amazing (right?) that our starters are:

Darrisaw - drafted 2021
Cleveland - drafted 2020
Bradbury - drafted 2019
Ingram - drafted 2022
O'Neill - drafted 2018

Lets not forget how many times they needed to run it up the gut with a QB sneak or with Cook and have gotten stuffed. Bills game before the Bills fumble with Cousins, and Packers game after the blocked punt, cooked stuffed 3 times. Cleve, whoever is playing center, and Ingram dont get enough push
Actually only twice, which is still not good. 1st Down was an incomplete pass.

In hindsight, would have probably been better to go for the TD on 4th Down. The Vikings converted FG then led to a Kick Off TD return for the Packers.

Of course later in the game when Minnesota did go for it on 4th, there was a Pick 6, so who knows.

Sure, but it is pretty amazing (right?) that our starters are:

Darrisaw - drafted 2021
Cleveland - drafted 2020
Bradbury - drafted 2019
Ingram - drafted 2022
O'Neill - drafted 2018
Exactly. Going into this season, I think the Vikings and the Eagles were the only two NFL teams that had drafted their entire starting OL.

Ingram has work to do. Not saying he can't get there.

There is also the guy from Illinois we got in 2022 that is supposed to have good potential.

As much as we groan, I think Udoh gives us a chance at RT.

Bradbury needs to get his F*(&@$ing ass in gear and stop it with this "ohhh my back is tight" crap.
He got in a car accident a couple weeks ago that aggravated it.

As was well put in The Program: are you hurt or are you injured?

If you're injured, then get on the ____ing IR and get out of our way. If you're hurt, then it's time to suck it up and get your ass out there.

As was well put in The Program: are you hurt or are you injured?

If you're injured, then get on the ____ing IR and get out of our way. If you're hurt, then it's time to suck it up and get your ass out there.
Personally, I think the proper move is get Bradbury as healthy as possible for the playoffs (and has been for the past few weeks). Having a functional back/spine seems rather important to executing the position of Offensive Lineman/Center at a NFL level.

Your narrative of him being "soft" is out of line, IMO.

He's been out for weeks now. That's an injury. Did he tear a muscle or not?

"Tightness" doesn't do it for me.

You shouldn't get to stay on the roster, and be out for weeks and weeks and weeks.

He's been out for weeks now. That's an injury. Did he tear a muscle or not?

"Tightness" doesn't do it for me.

You shouldn't get to stay on the roster, and be out for weeks and weeks and weeks.
I'm not privy to Bradbury's actual medical condition but it seems it's more than "tightness". Doogie on SKOR North in early December was reporting the injury as potentially season ending. He had progressed to doing some activities before the Colts game, and then was in the car accident after that game.

Only reason he has not been put on the IR, in Doogie's words, is the hope that he can come back for the playoffs. He also doesn't question his toughness.

Just my opinion, attempting to play to early with the possibility of further injuring and then guaranty he would miss the playoffs would have been just flat out stupid.

Reading between the lines (just a flat out guess on my part) is that once the Vikings are done, Bradbury is going to have to go under the knife to fix whatever ails him.

Top Bottom