All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Can only assume it had something to do with landing with all his weight on the quarterback. What’s really sad is the turnover happened before the roughing the passer happened.

How the nfl people think these 300lb people are just supposed to stop instantly when they are running 5.2 40’s is stupid.
He actually even did a good job of lessening his weight on him with his left hand. I really don’t know what he’s supposed to do there. Might be the first person to ever get called for roughing the passer while possessing the ball.

The NFL has no incentive to get the calls “right”. People are gonna talk about the roughing calls all week until the Thursday night game and then the whole thing repeats itself.

He actually even did a good job of lessening his weight on him with his left hand. I really don’t know what he’s supposed to do there. Might be the first person to ever get called for roughing the passer while possessing the ball.
He needs to vanish into thin air as soon as he touches him. The problem is the turnover happened to the roughing the passer so at least the ball should have gone to the chiefs and then penalize them 15 yards.

I agree it is a terrible call and led to 3 points which may be big in this game.

Daniel Carlson up to 38 straight FG’s made, including 47,50,53 yarders today. Just can’t make it up.

Daniel Carlson up to 38 straight FG’s made, including 47,50,53 yarders today. Just can’t make it up.
Never would have done that here with Zim as the head coach. I will agree that Spielman needed to tell Zim to shove it when he wanted Carlson cut after like 3 games.

Never would have done that here with Zim as the head coach. I will agree that Spielman needed to tell Zim to shove it when he wanted Carlson cut after like 3 games.
I honestly get a good chuckle out of this situation, as it’s just the most perfect MN sports thing to happen.

Anyone watching the chiefs game. 24-23, chiefs.

Chiefs miss a field goal, and it's defensive holding on the raiders. Gawd, was that weak. First down Chiefs and they get the touchdown.

Anyone watching the chiefs game. 24-23, chiefs.

Chiefs miss a field goal, and it's defensive holding on the raiders. Gawd, was that weak. First down Chiefs and they get the touchdown.
Yeah, that was bad. Maybe a make up call for the bad roughing the passer penalty earlier.

the NFL refs givith and the NFL refs takith awayith.

Run the play and wait 5 seconds to see if what you just saw really happened or if there was a flag on the play and it was all you imagination.

They need to find ways to get the ball more to this guy.

the NFL refs givith and the NFL refs takith awayith.

Run the play and wait 5 seconds to see if what you just saw really happened or if there was a flag on the play and it was all you imagination.
Well they're making a lot of people pithed off

In other news I lost all 3 of my fantasy games this week by a combined 2.5 pts.

Can't have it both ways; the MSM went after the NFL a few years back about CTE and player safety, this is what you're going to get. Nobody should be surprised about this

Can't have it both ways; the MSM went after the NFL a few years back about CTE and player safety, this is what you're going to get. Nobody should be surprised about this

Indeed. The NFL, a league that values the dollar over anything else, paid out $765 million over concussion-related brain injuries among its 18,000 retired players, agreeing to compensate victims, pay for medical exams and underwrite research. Probably because the NFL had done their own research years before and buried the results because they were unfavorable to them.

The present idiocy is about Tua and the Dolphins, not NFL player relationships.

Against the Bills on 9/25, Tua briefly left the game in the second quarter, returning after halftime despite appearing to be disoriented by a head injury — the team clarified later that actually, he had an issue with his back. (!)

Then when they played 4 days later against the Bengals, Tua was wheeled off the field on a stretcher. He was taken to a hospital, but was released and flown home with the team. Coach Mike McDaniel eventually said the QB sustained a concussion.

The Dolphins, panicked and fired their on field Doctor days later. While finally putting Tua in concussion protocol. Thinking that would end the discussion?

What's not surprising in now we are seeing this idiotic overreaction to "protect the Quarterback!" Maybe it's for real, though just as likely it's to foster an over reaction so they can go back to doing what the want to do?

The NFL has already suspended Stephen Ross, the owner of the Dolphins, for the first 6 games of the season for violated anti-tampering rules on three occasions. The NFL did say they found no evidence that he told Flores to intentionally throw games.

However, the investigation did find that Ross repeatedly expressed his belief that the team’s draft position should take priority over the win-loss record.

Yes, nobody should be surprised that the Dolphins, the ones who brought all this idiocy on us, are walking away Scot-free from another mess they created.

Last edited:

The NFL has no incentive to get the calls “right”. People are gonna talk about the roughing calls all week until the Thursday night game and then the whole thing repeats itself.
The gambling aspect definitely is an incentive to get calls "right", now that it is fully endorsed by the league itself.

I think there was a 50% chance they were going to score and 50% chance they'd make a 2 point conversion. So about 25% chance of a bears win. He took it to zero with his bone headed play.

Yes it was a good play by Dantzler, but ISM had a clear chance to get out of bounds right after he caught it.
You're being more than a little overly dramatic. Per ESPN, the Vikings' win probability when the ball was snapped on that play was 89.3%. Even if he had gone down in bounds, they still had to go ~40 yards in a little over a minute with 1 timeout, and make the extra point to tie. (There was zero chance they would go for two.) Even if Smith-Marsette hits the deck there, the Bears had a 5-10% chance of winning.

You're being more than a little overly dramatic. Per ESPN, the Vikings' win probability when the ball was snapped on that play was 89.3%. Even if he had gone down in bounds, they still had to go ~40 yards in a little over a minute with 1 timeout, and make the extra point to tie. (There was zero chance they would go for two.) Even if Smith-Marsette hits the deck there, the Bears had a 5-10% chance of winning.
On the road with momentum, there absolutely was a greater chance than Zero that the Bears would go for 2.

Several teams have gone for it in the same situation.

I'm glad Dantzler made it a moot point.

On the road with momentum, there absolutely was a greater chance than Zero that the Bears would go for 2.

Several teams have gone for it in the same situation.

I'm glad Dantzler made it a moot point.
I think it's very likely they would have gone for 2. As for it being 50/50 that they would score, that might be a tad high, but we hadn't really stopped them all 2nd half and they had ~40 seconds and a timeout.

Top Bottom