All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Bad defense. Replacements need to be drafted.

Irv Smith dropping the TD was brutal.

Can we just ask the NFL to not play on Sunday or Monday nights going forward?

After losing his first 9 games on Monday Night Cousins turned it around in 2020 and beat the Bears then and last year.

Maybe the pressure got to him.🤔

Im just stunned the Eagles only have 24 points. How is that even possible?

Bad news? Vikings have some terrible drops.

Good news? Eagles have dropped 2-3 interceptions too.

You guys remember playing 500 as a kid? A game where one person would throw the baseball or football high in the air and whoever catches it gets 100? That’s what Cousins is doing tonight.

Last week I felt like we could go the distance.

This week I feel like a Vikings fan.
This is absolute domination. It's so depressing.

I thought we could lose in a close game, but this is what we saw for the last 2 years, and we are going to see a ton more.

Please win on Saturday, Gophers!

You guys remember playing 500 as a kid? A game where one person would throw the baseball or football high in the air and whoever catches it gets 100? That’s what Cousins is doing tonight.
Cousins lobbing it up, o-line being destroyed, and receivers not getting open.

That's normally a problem.

They're playing like crap. But if Smith doesn't drop a sure TD And Cousins doesn't throw 2 of those picks it's likely a one score game right now.

They're playing like crap. But if Smith doesn't drop a sure TD And Cousins doesn't throw 2 of those picks it's likely a one score game right now.
And if Watson doesn't drop a sure TD, we are 0-2 and already done.

We were destroyed tonight. There are no what ifs.

Reagor was the spark on the scoring drive. Barely plays after that. I get that he hasn’t learned the offense yet. Still…

Defense actually played well 2nd half. Offense awful. Trying to force the ball to Jefferson.

Crazy thought - do you think Zimmer gave the Eagles DC everything he had on how to beat the Vikings? We played the Rams close last year (like many games).

They said at one point late in the game that Eagles DC came up under Zimmer.

As is always the case early in the season … games don’t have the context they should.

Remember last year in week 1 we went to Cincinnati and lost? “How could we lose to such a terrible franchise???” Well …

Maybe Packers are going to suck this year.

Maybe Lions win the North.

OK, but … Eagles didn’t do much in the 2nd half.

If our offense isn’t abysmal, it’s a game.
Did the Eagles not do much in the second half because they were trying to grind the clock, etc.

Run, short passes......had we needed to stop them when they were going for it, I doubt we do.

listened to a little bit of the call-in show after the game on Skor North and had to laugh.

Mackey and Judd have been falling all over themselves to praise O'Connell, the new coaching staff and the new approach. they've even been saying nicer things about Cousins.

Of course after tonight, Judd is yelling about how "this is on O'Connell" and "this is unacceptable."
and Mackey is back to ripping Cousins. so much for the honeymoon.

Personally, I don't want to over-react, but..........if they're not going to be very good, might as well tank and go for the #1 draft pick.

5 Things That stood out in the Vikings oss to the Eagles

1. Prime time Kirk Cousins

Cousins either fumbled or was intercepted on four straight possessions in the second half. The fumble came on a third down and led to a Vikings punt in between the second and third interceptions.

Cousins, who fell to 2-10 all time on Monday Night Football, had a terrible game at the office, throwing three interceptions in the second half – all of them deep in Philadelphia territory.

His first pick came on a throw near the end zone to Justin Jefferson. The second happened on the very next drive in the third quarter, this time when he tried to force a pass to Adam Thielen in double coverage. That killed momentum gained by a blocked field goal by Patrick Peterson.

The third interception came three plays after Jordan Hicks intercepted Jalen Hurts and put the Vikings at the Philly 9-yard line. Cousins, who was nearly picked off on second down, lobbed a pass into the end zone for Jefferson only to get picked by Slay for a second time.

listened to a little bit of the call-in show after the game on Skor North and had to laugh.

Mackey and Judd have been falling all over themselves to praise O'Connell, the new coaching staff and the new approach. they've even been saying nicer things about Cousins.

Of course after tonight, Judd is yelling about how "this is on O'Connell" and "this is unacceptable."
and Mackey is back to ripping Cousins. so much for the honeymoon.

Personally, I don't want to over-react, but..........if they're not going to be very good, might as well tank and go for the #1 draft pick.
I'd say that's over-reacting.

We just beat the Packers...crushed them really. Phili is a good team that will be in the playoffs this year and I don't think anyone on this board expected us to be 17-0. It was game two with a new system and we're talking about tanking? Really?

Okay, so they're 1-1 after a pair of opening games against playoff teams from last year. I can live with that, especially since the win was undressing the Packers.

Next up, Detroit.

Did the Eagles not do much in the second half because they were trying to grind the clock, etc.

Run, short passes......had we needed to stop them when they were going for it, I doubt we do.
Valid point.

Top Bottom