All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Baseballs a funny game. Last week you couldn’t add enough pitching to make the twins good. Now they have a AAA outfield and their lineup is not good.

Kepler better work on how to “beat” the shift this off season or his career maybe considerably shorter than it should be. Been back for 3 games and is 0-13. Last 7 games he’s batting .077 with an OBO of.107. Of course with all the injuries the twins have no outfield replacements either.

Kepler better work on how to “beat” the shift this off season or his career maybe considerably shorter than it should be. Been back for 3 games and is 0-13. Last 7 games he’s batting .077 with an OBO of.107. Of course with all the injuries the twins have no outfield replacements either.
I think the shift is being outlawed or modified in 2023.

Yes and Keplers base running in the 10th with no outs not going to third on the fly ball was terrible.
Not pinch-running for Max (Broken Toe) Kepler was a mistake. It should have been Buxton on 2nd.

Kepler's toe might have been a factor in him not trying to advance.

Not pinch-running for Max (Broken Toe) Kepler was a mistake. It should have been Buxton on 2nd.

Kepler's toe might have been a factor in him not trying to advance.
I would agree with that even with Buxton’s hitting in 2022 he is more valuable on the base paths in that situation knowing he bats like .212.

For a team that prides itself on east and recovery they sure do have a lot of guys hurt. Bailey Ober has been out for basically the entire year with a groin injury. Unless he has a groin like Ray Drecker in Hung, let’s go here.

Went to my first AAA Saints game last night. Didn't recognize a single player (not that I pay *that* much attention). The Saints got 2 hits - no hitter into the 6th, 2 hits in the 6th, then no more. Every guy was batting low .200s, except for maybe one or two.

Pitching gave up 6 runs. Looked like they had some good stuff nonetheless.

Columbus (the opponent) stole 6 bases off the catcher (Hamilton) with various different pitchers. Something is clearly wrong there. Yuck.

Very very small sample size, but if that's what we have to offer down there, I wouldn't expect any help coming from there.

The Twins have now lost 9 straight to the Dodgers. Last won against them in 2011, and have been outscored 61-27 during that span. Have not won in LA since 2005, with 5 straight losses in LA.

Interleague play started in 1997, and 2005 was the first time the Twins played them since the 1965 World Series.

The Twins have now lost 9 straight to the Dodgers. Last won against them in 2011, and have been outscored 61-27 during that span. Have not won in LA since 2005, with 5 straight losses in LA.
They just seem to struggle to get up for big games. The playoff drought is evidence enough, but let's look at how they do against the best in baseball during the regular season as well. A lot of times they profit off of being in a subpar division.

They just seem to struggle to get up for big games. The playoff drought is evidence enough, but let's look at how they do against the best in baseball during the regular season as well. A lot of times they profit off of being in a subpar division.
It doesn't seem to matter the front office, manager, or players. The Twins struggle when on a big stage. It's obvious they've been getting fat on playing the Royals, Tigers and Sox. At least the Indians/Guardians have been more consistent, but the remainder of the central has been good in spurts, but often largely irrelevant.

They are also 23-61 against the Yankees since 2010, including 2-13 in their last 15.

Or put another way, Rocco is 4-18 (.181 winning percentage) against the Yankees and Dodgers since taking over.

Last edited:

the TJ surgery takes Canterino out of the picture for '23. One less option for the pitching staff.

on Kirilloff - agent Scott Boras said the surgery "went well." which is news, because they did not say it was "successful," like every other sports surgery known to man.

I watched a few innings of the Kernels' game at Field of Dreams. Their starting pitcher got rocked. apparently the guy had covid and hasn't pitched well since he returned. I wound up turning it off because Harold Reynolds was driving me nuts with the non-stop chatter.

For the people saying the twins don’t get up for big games have you thought maybe they just are not that good. I bet there has not been a single game played against the Yankees or Dodgers in the time frame the couple of posters were taking about where the twins have been favored. You look at the line -up the twins had vs the line-up the dodgers had last night and honestly I think the dodgers got bored or it could have been worse. Just like all the loses to the Yankees, news flash the Yankees have always fielded a better team than the twins.

the TJ surgery takes Canterino out of the picture for '23. One less option for the pitching staff.

on Kirilloff - agent Scott Boras said the surgery "went well." which is news, because they did not say it was "successful," like every other sports surgery known to man.

I watched a few innings of the Kernels' game at Field of Dreams. Their starting pitcher got rocked. apparently the guy had covid and hasn't pitched well since he returned. I wound up turning it off because Harold Reynolds was driving me nuts with the non-stop chatter.
I might be in minority, but I really like Harold Reynolds.

For a team that prides itself on east and recovery they sure do have a lot of guys hurt. Bailey Ober has been out for basically the entire year with a groin injury. Unless he has a groin like Ray Drecker in Hung, let’s go here.
WTF is happening with our pitchers. This is insane.

Went to my first AAA Saints game last night. Didn't recognize a single player (not that I pay *that* much attention). The Saints got 2 hits - no hitter into the 6th, 2 hits in the 6th, then no more. Every guy was batting low .200s, except for maybe one or two.

Pitching gave up 6 runs. Looked like they had some good stuff nonetheless.

Columbus (the opponent) stole 6 bases off the catcher (Hamilton) with various different pitchers. Something is clearly wrong there. Yuck.

Very very small sample size, but if that's what we have to offer down there, I wouldn't expect any help coming from there.
They've pretty much raided the cupboard bare already. I guess we know why we traded for Sandy Leon though. Yikes.

Top Bottom