All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Great trade. Several more years of team control is a big deal.

Povich is the 22nd ranked prospect for the Twins. The others aren't ranked.

Now get one more arm for the pen and a starter. Two starters would be fun but 1 is a must.

Great trade. Several more years of team control is a big deal.

Povich is the 22nd ranked prospect for the Twins. The others aren't ranked.

Guessing that the Twins didn't have to give-up much because until this season Lopez has been pretty awful. Best case scenario is his stuff is more conducive to being a closer.

Guessing that the Twins didn't have to give-up much because until this season Lopez has been pretty awful. Best case scenario is his stuff is more conducive to being a closer.

One thing he was able to do by becoming a reliever was stop using his 4-seamer. He can now just be a 2 pitch pitcher.

Soto to the Padres. SD giving up 3 of their top 4 prospects, including two in the top 25.

Edit: Looks like Gore is going too. So that's essentially 3 overall top 25 prospects. Washington also getting Bell. Wow!

Interesting that the Orioles are sellers despite being a game over .500 and only 2.5 games out of the Wild Card.

Interesting that the Orioles are sellers despite being a game over .500 and only 2.5 games out of the Wild Card.
Tough in that division. Either way, they already made that decision yesterday when they traded Mancini.

Is there anyone else Baltimore has to trade, since they are selling?

Eric Hosmer was supposed to be in the Juan Soto trade but balked at going to a re-build. The Twins should jump in there, IMO and let Arreaz play LF.

I'm not sure I can handle him and Pagan in the same bullpen.
I get it but he's been pretty solid and he wouldn't have to be used in high leverage situations very often. He's just a guy they could get for very cheap I'd imagine. Robertson would be better of course but I'm sure he would cost a bit more.

I get it but he's been pretty solid and he wouldn't have to be used in high leverage situations very often. He's just a guy they could get for very cheap I'd imagine. Robertson would be better of course but I'm sure he would cost a bit more.
I'd rather have gotten Bard from the Rockies, but they inexplicably gave him a contract extension at age 37. Rationally I know Colome's been fine and was the last two months of last year too. But think of the fans mental health...Then again he'd be pitching in the 6th/7th inning now.

Eric Hosmer was supposed to be in the Juan Soto trade but balked at going to a re-build. The Twins should jump in there, IMO and let Arreaz play LF.
I'm just not sure he'd be much of an upgrade. Doing what you're proposing would take away time from Gordon, Urshela and possibly Kirilloff. Not that any of those guys are great but I'm not sure Hosmer is any better. He just hasn't been very good the past few years.

I'm just not sure he'd be much of an upgrade. Doing what you're proposing would take away time from Gordon, Urshela and possibly Kirilloff. Not that any of those guys are great but I'm not sure Hosmer is any better. He just hasn't been very good the past few years.
I think Kiriloff is done for 2022, sadly. I would only take Hosmer if the price is low though.

I think Kiriloff is done for 2022, sadly. I would only take Hosmer if the price is low though.
I'm assuming wherever he goes it will be SD picking up most of the salary too. Otherwise no way anyone would take him.

Assuming Larnach's recovery is on track, he should be returning to the team within the next few weeks. They expected him to miss six weeks back on 6/27/22.

Washington has now lost Bryce Harper, Trea Turner, Anthony Rendon, Max Scherzer and Juan Soto in the past few years. Amazing.

Assuming Larnach's recovery is on track, he should be returning to the team within the next few weeks. They expected him to miss six weeks back on 6/27/22.
Hopefully he's not another Baily Ober situation. 2 months and counting for a strained groin.

Washington has now lost Bryce Harper, Trea Turner, Anthony Rendon, Max Scherzer and Juan Soto in the past few years. Amazing.
They got a ring though. Do you think Royals fans would trade their last 10 years for the Twins?

Odd. And Gallo to the Dodgers. Not sure the Twins are getting a bat. Hopefully Larnach can get back soon. We'll see Divin Jake by later this week I'm afraid.
At AAA this year he's hitting .273 with 14 HR and 57 RBI...kinda surprised we haven't already seen him considering he needed numbers half that good to play here last year.

Top Bottom