All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Gawd, they need hitting so bad, too.

This line up is so bad. I don’t get putting Kiriloff to play left for 3 innings and then having to pitch hit him since he can’t swing. He’s not exactly an all star left fielder, but whatever.

I’ll have to pull the stats out again. They average about 4.5 runs a game but as of a few weeks ago the score 3 or less in almost half their games.

I’ll have to pull the stats out again. They average about 4.5 runs a game but as of a few weeks ago the score 3 or less in almost half their games.
but we play in the AL central.

If it weren't for the 3-2 pitch that was 5 inches outside, we'd be in the lead.
If not for Clark Griffith dying in 1955 and turning over ownership of the Senators there would be no Minnesota twins as we know them.

We’re the worst base running team in the league. Absolute horseshit.

Urshella has some onions, that's for sure. Now to brace ourselves for the front office letdown to become official in 20 hours.

If he wouldn't have gotten on base, he wouldn't have been picked.

Did I do that right?
I thought he should have taken off after the check swing that would have been strike 3. It looked like he swung and I think he could have made it based on how far the ball rolled.

Plus not so sure he should not have been called out based on the path he took from home to first on his “hit”

to ever be taken seriously, they have to get some pitching. If this is the pitching the twins are doomed too, forever, because they are the twins, then shut it down.

somehow, someway, they have to obtain pitching. It would help if they could ever develop some.

Sell, and try to pick up some pitching. It's an embarrassment that we can be in first place with this staff. Thank AL Central.

The playoffs are pointless with this staff. If you want to go 0-20 or 0-21, I guess it doesn't matter.
Oh I totally agree. Develop, sign, retain, keep healthy pitching is absolutely a need for this franchise. I still think when we have the opportunity to get to the playoffs we need to take it though.

Twins are trading for the guy from the Orioles who blew two saves against them a month ago. Since then, he's been really good.

Last edited:

Lopez is a legit top end closer. Very nice pickup. Hope Rocco doesn't pitch him in the 7th inning.

Is this just a few month rental or does he have a few years on his contract?

Win Twins!!
Not a rental. Two seasons of Arb eligibility after this year.

Lopez is a legit top end closer. Very nice pickup. Hope Rocco doesn't pitch him in the 7th inning.

Win Twins!!

Signed thru 2022, Earliest Arb Eligible: 2023, Earliest Free Agent: 2025
Career to date (may be incomplete)$2,062,250

Win Twins!!
He is controlled through 2024.

He is in the midst of a career year. He has been a starter and a reliever throughout his tenure in the big leagues. He came into this year with a record of 12-31, 353.9 IP, 6+ ERA, 297 Ks, 138 walks, 403 hits allowed and 246 runs allowed (235 earned).

Last year, he had a record of 3-14, 6.07 ERA, 121.2 IP, 112 Ks, 56 walks, 142 hits, and 83 runs allowed (82 earned). He made a move to the bullpen in August last year.

I imagine the Twins keep Duran as the closer and move Lopez to the setup role with Jax/Duffey pitching the 7th.

If he can maintain his current form or even a slight regression to the mean, this is a win for the Twins.

Top Bottom