All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

He’s been playing well where Celestino isn’t. He can play 1B and OF. It isn’t really about who’s earned it though, it’s more about what makes most sense for the team. Kirilloff makes more sense right now.

Yes Ak playing well earns u a promotion, but then he need to produce to stick - he hasn’t been outstanding since being called up - maybe he will and not manage to continue whiffing on 26% of his MLB ABs .

My point was and still is that he hasn’t shown enough production in 2022 at this level NOT to merit a trip to St. Paul if the roster needs to be reduced.

Gil has hit .261 over his last 15 games, so not a world beater but not a dog either- every player scuffles from time to time.
As has been posited on here By more than myself AlK isn’t an OF - heck 🥔 plays a better LF than him - Rocko also said maybe a spot start in the OF, therefore, not a regular contributor.

AK is easy on the 👀 but last I heard Rob Lowe is still with us

Agree to disagree

Last edited:

Okay I want nothing to do with Celistino anymore. Defense might play but he’s a black hole in the lineup and that’s an issue with Jeffers playing too. That too many black holes. No reason the AK and Larnach can’t be up for the season.

Wonder if indians thought about walking arraez?

Okay I want nothing to do with Celistino anymore. Defense might play but he’s a black hole in the lineup and that’s an issue with Jeffers playing too. That too many black holes. No reason the AK and Larnach can’t be up for the season.
So Jeffers double doesn't count then?
:)

Smalley really letting Pagan have it for that pitching sequence to Reyes. Guy was 0-3 with 3 K’s and couldn’t touch a fastball about the belt. Nothing but sliders and you hang the 3-2 pitch for a homer.

It felt cute going to Pagan there as opposed to Duran to face better hitters. Would rather see Duran try to go two innings and get the win or at least take care of 4-6 and let Pagan have the 9th and the bottom of the order.

I suppose I don't watch Twins games all that regularly....but am I missing something with Celistino? He's the only other guy on the team (holy smokes Arraez!) with a batting average currently over .300.

I suppose I don't watch Twins games all that regularly....but am I missing something with Celistino? He's the only other guy on the team (holy smokes Arraez!) with a batting average currently over .300.
Only 110 at bats and it’s been going down sharply the last three weeks…last 7 games he’s batting .150 last 15 games it’s .239 so given time it’ll settle around .230 if given the opportunity.

Smalley really letting Pagan have it for that pitching sequence to Reyes. Guy was 0-3 with 3 K’s and couldn’t touch a fastball about the belt. Nothing but sliders and you hang the 3-2 pitch for a homer.

It felt cute going to Pagan there as opposed to Duran to face better hitters. Would rather see Duran try to go two innings and get the win or at least take care of 4-6 and let Pagan have the 9th and the bottom of the order.
Good for Roy - honest and a fair critique - need more of that in the booth.

you need to start reverse jinxing Pagan!!

Inexcusable to throw him that many breaking balls. Reyes couldn’t touch 91 mph up in the strike zone earlier and Pagan throws even harder. For a franchise that talks about analytics a lot, they seem to oddly ignore it a lot.

Only 110 at bats and it’s been going down sharply the last three weeks…last 7 games he’s batting .150 last 15 games it’s .239 so given time it’ll settle around .230 if given the opportunity.

I don't doubt that it'll come down....but seeing as he's still batting over .300 on the year....even with the recent slump.....what warrants demotion? Kiriloff should be sent down before Celestino.

Good for Roy - honest and a fair critique - need more of that in the booth.

you need to start reverse jinxing Pagan!!
I reverse jinx him every game cause I don’t like him in his current role. Too much pressure for him to be relied upon to close out games or face the top of the order in the 8th.

Inexcusable to throw him that many breaking balls. Reyes couldn’t touch 91 mph up in the strike zone earlier and Pagan throws even harder. For a franchise that talks about analytics a lot, they seem to oddly ignore it a lot.
I agree you would think they have a giant 3 ring binder on how to deal with every hitter and Reyes’s should be the same as Sano’s; fastballs above the belt no matter the speed and he’s gone on 4 pitches.

Our 3-4-5 batters have to have better at-bats than that.

Also this ump sucks.

This was an interesting thread. Do you pitch to your strength or the hitters weakness. It appears the twins chose the hitters weakness and it may have cost them.

Moral victory cause in two more years when the concert cures even more that a game winning homerun.

Can get a run in extras without getting a hit by bunting. Just saying. Betting on Urshela to get a knock against Clase not a winning proposition. This loss hurts.

The ridiculous Taylor Rogers trade strikes again.

Can we please be done with Gary Sanchez DH'ing?

And Celistino should not be playing so much. Play CF when Buxton doesn't, but that's enough.

Polanco takes so much pressure off the top of the lineup as he is so consistent with RISP and taking good ABs/ delivering in the clutch

Last edited:

Why didn't we bunt in the bottom of the 9th with a guy on 1st and no out? Puts pressure on Cleveland to pitch to Jeffers with no double play opportunity or walk him and pitch to Arraez...I sometimes don't understand things anymore

Why didn't we bunt in the bottom of the 9th with a guy on 1st and no out? Puts pressure on Cleveland to pitch to Jeffers with no double play opportunity or walk him and pitch to Arraez...I sometimes don't understand things anymore
It’s tough to bunt in the mlb with guys throwing 100 and having nasty breaking stuff. Plus I’m not sure asking Miranda to bunt is 100% guaranty he gets it down and the runner on 1st makes it to second.

In all the months I've been following this account, this is the most impactful detrimental effect that I've seen an umpiring crew have on a game.

Not to mention the stolen base review that I think they got wrong.

It’s tough to bunt in the mlb with guys throwing 100 and having nasty breaking stuff. Plus I’m not sure asking Miranda to bunt is 100% guaranty he gets it down and the runner on 1st makes it to second.
It's easier than getting a hit

Top Bottom