All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Magical vax doesn't prevent spread. Sorry
Regardless it was enough to rub the clubhouse the wrong way. Failing to meet the threshold of vaccinated members of the traveling party meant when on the road the Twins had to be confined to their hotel rooms.

How about Buxton. He is going to be batting under .200 shortly at this rate.
Buxton's been really bad lately. They're still winning so that's good. Watch out if/when Buxton and Polanco get it going again.

How about Buxton. He is going to be batting under .200 shortly at this rate.
The Twins have much more depth than they had last year, as has been shown by how many contributions from other Twins - he's trying to play through it and he'll either be able to or not - hit the ball well today overall.

We're on a six-game winning streak - enjoy being in first place and please stop acting like a feckless fan, i.e. waiting for the comet to strike Target Field or Not.

The Twins have much more depth than they had last year, as has been shown by how many contributions from other Twins - he's trying to play through it and he'll either be able to or not - hit the ball well today overall.

We're on a six-game winning streak - enjoy being in first place and please stop acting like a feckless fan, i.e. waiting for the comet to strike Target Field or Not.
I would at least consider dropping Buxton in the lineup until he shows some signs of snapping out of it.

I would at least consider dropping Buxton in the lineup until he shows some signs of snapping out of it.
Honest question - how does he show signs of "snapping out of it," per your definition?

Honest question - how does he show signs of "snapping out of it," per your definition?
Probably lift the BA back up to at least .230, he's dropped to .204. That or maybe a couple of extra base hits.

OBP is also .293, not ideal in the #1 spot. They have some other options, currently.

Oh, we are on a 6 game winning streak.

Thanks bud. I never had a clue.

While winning 6 in a row, Buxton is in danger of going below .200

That shit works against KC and Detroit, it won't work against many others. He is better than that.

Last edited:

Probably lift the BA back up to at least .230, he's dropped to .204. That or maybe a couple of extra base hits.
He made two hard hit outs and hit a foul ball HR as well missed by a few feet (not sure if you're watching or not).
OBP is also .293, not ideal in the #1 spot. They have some other options, currently.
I think they value that he gets 5-10% more ABs than the #2 guy in the lineup vs. OBP - this math works for each spot in the order. Buck also still has the 4th highest HR/per AB in the MLB.

Also, as the Alpha for your team, moving him down can be embarrassing for him - so that might play a part in the decision-making process.

Regardless, let's walk them off two games in a row!

Last edited:

He made two hard hit outs and hit a foul ball HR as well missed by a few feet (not sure if you're watching or not).

I think they value that he gets 5-10% more ABs than the #2 guy in the lineup vs. OBP - this math works for each spot in the order. Buck also still has the 4th highest HR/per AB in the MLB.

Also, as the Alpha for your team, moving him down can be embarrassing for him - so that might play a part in the decision-making process.

Love the confidence in close games.

Carlos - hit a double or go yard!

Old school today, only listened to the game. Though it was on my phone and via S-XM, so I guess "new old school".

Dang, bases loaded in the 9th, nobody out...foiled.

Old school today, only listened to the game. Though it was on my phone and via S-XM, so I guess "new old school".

Dang, bases loaded in the 9th, nobody out...foiled.
Tough L, but those happen. 1-9 with RISP.

I think we may need to grab another bullpen arm at the trading deadline.

Great to see Smeltzer with another good outing - I like having at least one lefty in the rotation and if he keeps pitching like this, they may not be able to get him out of there.

what place in the standings do we occupy at present? Just checking.
1st place in the worst division in baseball and playing the likes of Detroit and Kansas City into oblivion.

Should we tell the good teams not to show up against us and save them the bother?

Great to see Smeltzer with another good outing - I like having at least one lefty in the rotation and if he keeps pitching like this, they may not be able to get him out of there.
1.10 ERA

They wouldn't dare pull him out of the rotation at this point.

Again bases juiced, no outs and fail to tie it up at least. Uffda.
Lineup was set up to fail. Why is Ryan Jeffers the DH? He has no business being in the lineup if he's not behind the plate. And if Polanco can't play, IL him.

Again bases juiced, no outs and fail to tie it up at least. Uffda.
They literally can't hit the ball much. 2 and 3 runs can beat the crap they are currently playing.

It will be fools gold shortly, though.

Lineup was set up to fail. Why is Ryan Jeffers the DH? He has no business being in the lineup if he's not behind the plate. And if Polanco can't play, IL him.
Expected to be back tomorrow per Rocco on the Twins pregame.

Bases loaded - no outs - and they don't score.

gotta score more than 2 runs a game.

Gordon had a terrible pinch-hit AB. Swung at 3 pitches that were all out of the zone. if he stands there with the bat on his shoulder, he walks in a run.

Jose Miranda had 2 hits tonight - but struck out on a checked swing in the 8th. he is at least looking a little more viable at the plate.

Duffey rough outing. Cano actually pitched well.

saw a note that Alcala - who is on the 60-day IL - is throwing again and reported he feels good. will start throwing live BP soon. I think he is eligible to come off the IL in two weeks.

Meanwhile, Lewis and Kirilloff are both hitting at AAA. Kirilloff with a long HR today. saw some video - his swing looks a lot smoother and with much better extension. Gordon's days could be numbered.

1st place in the worst division in baseball and playing the likes of Detroit and Kansas City into oblivion.

Should we tell the good teams not to show up against us and save them the bother?

Is your first name piss and last moan?

Look at the record and compare it to other division leaders - #Not2Shabby

Some people are only happy when they’re complaining 😘

We’re still playing 600 ball = 97 win over the season. Anyone would have been thrilled with this pace 25% through our schedule.

Pro tip - don’t live and die on every lose kiddo

Last edited:

Top Bottom