All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'd have thought the same about Royce Lewis.

Difference is that Smeltzer would be replacing Al Bundy in my mind.

I’m happy for him as he’s worked his azz off to become a legit big leaguer - world’s of improvement from when he first was up here.

Games at the beginning of the season mean as much as those at the end. Extremely frustrating but need to bounce back. Win next 3 against the royals.

I believe this is the third game Duffey has cost us.

Is your first name piss and last moan?

Look at the record and compare it to other division leaders - #Not2Shabby

Some people are only happy when they’re complaining 😘

We’re still playing 600 ball = 97 win over the season. Anyone would have been thrilled with this pace 25% through our schedule.

Pro tip - don’t live and die on every lose kiddo
I said Buxton wasn't hitting and you went ape as usual. He is better than this.

I don't let the politics board get in the way over here like you do.

Just ignore my posts here or put me on ignore permanently. that will make things easier on you and on the board as a whole.

Just going to put this here. 32 (!) RBI's in May with 5 days left in the month. Dude is on an absolute tear.

Like it or not, the Twins have been very consistent with how they handle their starting pitchers.

Smeltzer - at 80 pitches - had already thrown the most pitches of any outing this season.

Hey, I don't love it, but that is how a lot of teams handle their pitching now. they don't want pitchers to face the other team for a 3rd time through the order, if they can help it.

under the new analytic approach, if you get 5 solid innings out of your starter, that's great.

If I had to bet, I would say that the Twins will have a pitcher go over 100 pitches in a game maybe 3 or 4 times this season. certainly no more than that. I would bet for Gray twice and Ryan twice. they will not let anyone else get close to 100.

that is one of the reasons why they are going with a 6-man rotation.

Coming in tonight’s tilt we had scored 189 runs in 45 games = 4.2/per game -15th In MLB.

Gio stays hot and now has a 7 game hitting streak.

Last edited:

McGill pitches out of a jam -maybe they’ll slot him into Duffy’s spot moving forward; still would like to grab a middle inning vet used to pitching in high leverage innings - another Joe Smith please

I said Buxton wasn't hitting and you went ape as usual. He is better than this.
I apologize I didn’t realize you were this sensitive- I thought this was a forum where adult men could posit their views whether they concur or dissent with another’s.
So you aren’t a believer in free speech then? I didn’t curse you in this post (I never have), just a little tweak about your Twins perspective.

I don't let the politics board get in the way over here like you do.
I do have you on ignore and rarely look at your posts on the political board and view them on here for my bemusement; as you routinely complain and have “unique” takes, ergo regarding Buxton - he is currently in a “slump (that’s the baseball nomenclature), on an incentive ladden contract, therefore no one wants to succeed more than him - even more than you.

I have never said anything about your politics on this page/here - you’re just personalizing it due to your sensitivity and to try and paint me as a mean dude(?). I have agreed with Ogee when he talks about football in some threads and he and I don’t agree on anything politically.

Just ignore my posts here or put me on ignore permanently. that will make things easier on you and on the board as a whole.

Txs for clarifying that you are the board spokesperson as well and that everyone shares in to your victimhood as well. You are frequently mocked by others on the political board, I only basically use this - 🤣.

Amazingly, you suggest that I ignore and yet don’t do the same thing - shocking lack of personal responsibility IMO. If you have a problem with me, oh well, but don’t blame me for your issues. You are responsible for your life, not someone who live half a country away that you’ll never meet.

Oh and the Twins are again ten games over .500 with tonight’s win, 5 games in front of the Sox.

Try this and see if it helps and/or therapy - I:'ve used both-

Last edited:

on the positive side, the bats woke up Friday night. the pitching was a little shaky.
Coulombe makes one appearance and goes back on the IL. Cano goes back to AAA. Two pitchers come up from AAA to bolster the major league roster: LHP Jovani Moran and RHP Juan Minaya.

the bigger question is Ober. apparently no injury issues - just was not effective. left way too many pitches over the middle of the plate.

in the irony department, a lot of fans were calling for Gordon to be DFA'ed so Lewis could come back up to the Twins. So, of course, Gordon had 2 H and 3 RBI in Friday's game.

Per the broadcast, 68% of Buck’s hits this year, 17-25, have been extra bases; has a double to lead off the first inning.

Tough to have that sitting and look forward to him working his avg. up here in June, just as Gio has done over the last three weeks.

Also hate to have that D not in the lineup as much as possible.

Last edited:

on the positive side, the bats woke up Friday night. the pitching was a little shaky.
Coulombe makes one appearance and goes back on the IL. Cano goes back to AAA. Two pitchers come up from AAA to bolster the major league roster: LHP Jovani Moran and RHP Juan Minaya.

the bigger question is Ober. apparently no injury issues - just was not effective. left way too many pitches over the middle of the plate.

in the irony department, a lot of fans were calling for Gordon to be DFA'ed so Lewis could come back up to the Twins. So, of course, Gordon had 2 H and 3 RBI in Friday's game.

RE - Ober I’d just draw a line through last night’s start , as he was sharp on the first one back after the COVID list.

Oh look. Archer is struggling to get through 4 innings again. Just move him to the pen already.

Archer hasn’t been good for years and still isn’t good. This was known before he signed though..

Per Rocco it hurts Buxtons knee more to swing than it does to play the field. So I know what we will do let’s DH him that way we take his glove out of the field and make him play a position where it hurts him more. Never has a front office overthought decisions like this team does.

The injury that has caused the Twins to frequently rest star center fielder Byron Buxton is patella tendinitis in his right knee, which is painful and requires daily treatment. The injury hurts even more when he swings than when he sprints, although decelerating is also problematic.

Not to mention we had to send down Lewis to play third and left field cause he couldn’t learn those positions on the fly. So now we recall him to play center field a position he has not played since the Arizona fall league in 2019.

I hope every reporter who talks to anyone with the twins asks the same question, why is this person lying to me.

Not to mention we had to send down Lewis to play third and left field cause he couldn’t learn those positions on the fly. So now we recall him to play center field a position he has not played since the Arizona fall league in 2019.

I hope every reporter who talks to anyone with the twins asks the same question, why is this person lying to me.
I take that back he played 1 game at center field for the saints.

Was ridiculous to send him down.

Top Bottom