All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Great to watch Sonny wheeling and dealing - can’t wait till we see how he and Joe fair against the East clubs.

Last edited:

Lewis, Buxton and Gray injured in the same game. Minnesota sports.

The word is there are many players that won’t make the trip to Toronto because they aren’t vaccinated. If Lewis is one of those guys it makes sense even if this is just a day to day thing.

Will be interesting to see what happens if The Jays make the playoffs and how many players from the opposing team don’t make the trip.

I’m disappointed by this beyond belief.

Geez. Lineup today is not exactly the "A" team.

8 games in 7 days snd the guys that are a little dinged up, like Kep, get an extra day of rest for the upcoming onslaught.

Hopefully we’re able to beat them with theB team today and take 4 of 5 before we head to Toronto.

Miranda was a butcher at 1B today. His bat might have promise, but he's looking like more of a DH guy.

hate to sound negative, but this next month could be rocky. questions in the starting rotation, the bullpen, and too many players not hitting.

the fact that the Twins are leading their division says more about the rest of the division than it does about the Twins.

on Lewis: everything I'm reading says a bone bruise. some doctor posted on the Twins Daily website explaining the medical aspects of a bone bruise. bottom line - if it's not too serious, could be out three weeks to a month. just takes a while to heal, and then, it comes down to how much pain/discomfort a player can deal with. given the Twins' conservative nature with injuries, I'd expect Lewis to be out at least a month.

Gonna be a rough stretch here after Detroit. Need to find a way to win the next 3 of 4.
Oh, it's fine. Go to Toronto with who knows how many guys out because they won't get vaxxed, plus guys who are hurt. Then home for the Yankees and Tampa Bay.

Miranda was a butcher at 1B today. His bat might have promise, but he's looking like more of a DH guy.

hate to sound negative, but this next month could be rocky. questions in the starting rotation, the bullpen, and too many players not hitting.

the fact that the Twins are leading their division says more about the rest of the division than it does about the Twins.

on Lewis: everything I'm reading says a bone bruise. some doctor posted on the Twins Daily website explaining the medical aspects of a bone bruise. bottom line - if it's not too serious, could be out three weeks to a month. just takes a while to heal, and then, it comes down to how much pain/discomfort a player can deal with. given the Twins' conservative nature with injuries, I'd expect Lewis to be out at least a month.

Yeah, miranda has looked much better at third than first. Wonder if he played first in the minors at all.
Personally I feel pretty good about our hitting. Gonna come down to pitching, especially our starters. Gray and Ryan are solid. Who else can step up? Can Smeltzer give us a huge boost? Was Ober's last start a hiccup or start of a trend? How long will Winder be out and how good upon his return? Can Bundy be a serviceable back of the rotation guy? Archer one bad start away from being sent to the bullpen? Hard to know the answers to any of those questions. Meanwhile, both Gray and Ryan are on the injured list. Not great.
Also, Buxton experiencing pain on every swing. He was such a difference maker early in the season, probly because of his health is now almost an automatic out.
White Sox aren't going to shed any tears for us, they've had their share of injuries as well.

Can Devin Smeltzer come through again with 6/7 innings of keeping us on the game again?

Sands and a guy named Jermaine Palacios (SS) called up for the DH today - Sands starting the night 🧢

Larnach gonna be All Star eventually man is he good and made so much improvement on not swinging at all the off speed stuff this year like he did last year.

2 run double with 2 outs

I would at least consider dropping Buxton in the lineup until he shows some signs of snapping out of it.
Honest question - how does he show signs of "snapping out of it," per your definition?
Well, they at least dropped Buxton to #2, with Arraez hitting lead-off. Solid move there. Getting Arraez as many ABs as possible is the right move.

Well, they at least dropped Buxton to #2, with Arraez hitting lead-off. Solid move there. Getting Arraez as many ABs as possible is the right movie

Agreed

would be awesome to see him win the batting title this year

Buck being hurt/ slump let’s others know they need to pick him up -
Gio
Gary
Max
Trevor
Jane answered nicely

I think if we go get another starter and some more arms for middle relief we can hang with anyone in the AL

Now watch we’ll go shut out tonight
🤣

Agreed

would be awesome to see him win the batting title this year

Buck being hurt/ slump let’s others know they need to pick him up -
Gio
Gary
Max
Trevor
Jane answered nicely

I think if we go get another starter and some more arms for middle relief we can hang with anyone in the AL

Now watch we’ll go shut out tonight
🤣
Nailed it.

Woof what a lineup..all most puts the Gardy Sunday afternoon let’s just lose already lineups to shame.

If you think today's lineup is wonky, wait till the Toronto series.

whether you agree or not, Canada does not allow unvaccinated players to enter the country. And, from all accounts, the Twins have a number of unvaccinated players.

media is speculating on who won't make the trip. Correa is vaccinated, but still has covid, so no word on when he can return.

several media members are claiming that the unvaccinated list includes Kepler, Kirilloff, Ryan and several other pitchers.

so the Toronto series has the potential to be really ugly or really amusing, depending on your point of view.

Woof what a lineup..all most puts the Gardy Sunday afternoon let’s just lose already lineups to shame.

I’m gonna start counting your positive/negative posts starting now
The O/U is-50.5 in Vegas for the rest of the season - mortal lock on the over -50.5 🌞

Kepler went 3 for 4 with 4 RBI yesterday, so naturally you'd want to sit him out today.

If you think today's lineup is wonky, wait till the Toronto series.

whether you agree or not, Canada does not allow unvaccinated players to enter the country. And, from all accounts, the Twins have a number of unvaccinated players.

media is speculating on who won't make the trip. Correa is vaccinated, but still has covid, so no word on when he can return.

several media members are claiming that the unvaccinated list includes Kepler, Kirilloff, Ryan and several other pitchers.

so the Toronto series has the potential to be really ugly or really amusing, depending on your point of view.

I blame Kirk Cousins!

Kepler went 3 for 4 with 4 RBI yesterday, so naturally you'd want to sit him out today.

Detroit is starting a lefty. I'm sure the Twins' computer (which I refer to as Skynet) has spit out reams of data showing that Kepler and Arraez don't hit as well against left-handed pitching.

It is against a lefty though. No idea what Kepler's splits are this year. Also battling some sort of ailment.

Top Bottom