All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Lots of injuries this year - especially pitching, with the shortened spring training.

of course. Would like to see a comparison of injuries today versus 20-30 years ago. Seems like injuries now are an epidemic compared to the past
They have better technology and every injury has a cool name now. 40 years ago you had a sore arm now you have some crazily named injury. Plus Rocco walks the clubhouse just looking for any reason to sit people.

Why are we doing this? He threw 70 pitches can he not try to complete 6 innings he’ll maybe even 7. After last night you would think Rocco would not wanna use the bullpen to get the final 12 outs, but what do I know.

Old guy post - back when teams used a 4-man rotation, most teams had a guy who filled the role of the "long man." If the starter got knocked out early, the long man would come in and try to throw 4 or 5 innings. You just don't see that anymore.

Great to see Buck is back and look forward to him continuing to have multiple hit games.

10 hits and 6 earned runs in six innings - much of it against an All- Star caliber starting pitcher

Will be interested to see if some of the saltier posters can enjoy the W of not - 50%-50% proposition at this juncture.

Last edited:

Why are we doing this? He threw 70 pitches can he not try to complete 6 innings he’ll maybe even 7. After last night you would think Rocco would not wanna use the bullpen to get the final 12 outs, but what do I know.

Man you must have been a pain in the azz as a kid,

Archer could be gassed- he hasn’t pitched regularly in the past 2 years.

He might have bad splits the third time through the lineup.

Enjoy the win.

Man you must have been a pain in the azz as a kid,

Archer could be gassed- he hasn’t pitched regularly in the past 2 years.

He might have bad splits the third time through the lineup.

Enjoy the win.
They are trying to build Archer's arm back up this year, and hoping he can go back to full bore next year. He's been through a lot.

10 hits and 6 earned runs in six innings - most against an All- Star starter.

Will be interested to see if some of the saltier posters can enjoy the W of not - 50%-50% proposition at this juncture.
I'm enjoying this win like it's a playoff game. This never happens.

Also, the Celtics are playing well.

I'm loving life tonight.

Nice win. I just can't take the indians seriously. Much more interested in the white sox scores.
Garlick and lewis will be ready to rejoin the twins soon. Also kiriloff is destroying aaa. Not sure how the twins make room for these three.

Rocco would have a hard time letting Sandy Koufax face a line-up a 3rd time. In this case I don't blame him, especially since we punted yesterday to keep Jax/Pagan/Duran fresh for this situation.

Nice win. I just can't take the indians seriously. Much more interested in the white sox scores.
Garlick and lewis will be ready to rejoin the twins soon. Also kiriloff is destroying aaa. Not sure how the twins make room for these three.
I'm not sure Lewis is close. They're being very quiet about him, which I take as a bad sign.

They have better technology and every injury has a cool name now. 40 years ago you had a sore arm now you have some crazily named injury. Plus Rocco walks the clubhouse just looking for any reason to sit people.
Ruesse said today that the only reason Polanco plays every day despite his bad ankle is that he never goes in the training room and hides from Rocco before the game. Not sure how far that is from the truth, tbh.

Yes. Thank God they didn't IL him on Monday as some were suggesting.

He has offensive skills (when healthy) that no one else on our team possesses and few others do, such as - Harper, Judge, Trout and Tatis are others that come to my mind. With him heathy and in the lineup we have a chance to beat anyone, without him, not so much 🤣

Last edited:

iMO Cleveland is much more of a threat than Sox as they have better team pitching, hitting and fielding stats. Sox have 2 many free swingers and were a good fit before the new dead ball era commenced this year.

I fully expect 2 players on the 40 man roster to be traded for another starting pitcher before the trade deadline as well.

Last edited:

Hell of a win. So good didn’t even need Duran. 😉

+25

Happy for Archer as that’s a long road back and I think we’ll see some continued good outings -

I also think Ober might have a rough go of it with that groin injury the rest of the season. Lot of mass on it from that big boy.

Also turns out our farm system does produce some good MLB talent.

He could be something special - not nervous in big spots and lots of baby fat on him - imagine him after some serious lifting/nutrition approach for a couple years 💪.

I think with his arm he ends up playing most of his career at 3B - just fun to be able to dream and he ain’t no Mike Cubbage!

Top Bottom