All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Ryan and Winder expected back the week of June 13 - Really hope Ryan can get another win or Two and get his much deserved All Star selection.

Celestino might end up being the odd man out for awhile. I believe he has options. Kirilloff is playing well and probably should get called up soon. A week or two ago Miranda would have been the easy choice but he’s playing too well. The depth they’ve created has really played dividends so far with all the injuries. Good balance of veterans and young guys.

Celestino might end up being the odd man out for awhile. I believe he has options. Kirilloff is playing well and probably should get called up soon. A week or two ago Miranda would have been the easy choice but he’s playing too well. The depth they’ve created has really played dividends so far with all the injuries. Good balance of veterans and young guys.
I can see Gil being attractive to the As -

Young
Play all three OFs spots
can add some LBs and add some power to his game in the future
Under team control for minimal $$ also

I think one of the reasons Royce was sent down was to eval him as a replacement for Gil and/or Gordon - makes it easier to trade them, if you have a piece ready to step in who you are comfy with playing multiple spots and the player is also. I can see one of those 2 and AK being dealt for Montas - we have some up and comers to replace Max as well and if Correa stays, you can play Royce in the OF till he leaves - options abound!!
Happy NYC:)

Frankie's only 2 and 6, but his numbers compare favorable to his previous years - he has a lower ERA than last year when he was 6th in the CY voting - I'm guessing it will be competitive to get him, but we should be all in as long as we get him more than just this year

Last edited:

I can see Gil being attractive to the As -

Young
Play all three OFs spots
can add some LBs and add some power to his game in the future
Under team control for minimal $$ also

I think one of the reasons Royce was sent down was to eval him as a replacement for Gil and/or Gordon - makes it easier to trade them, if you have a piece ready to step in who you are comfy with playing multiple spots and the player is also. I can see one of those 2 and AK being dealt for Montas - we have some up and comers to replace Max as well and if Correa stays, you can play Royce in the OF till he leaves - options abound!!
Happy NYC:)

Frankie's only 2 and 6, but his numbers compare favorable to his previous years - he has a lower ERA than last year when he was 6th in the CY voting - I'm guessing it will be competitive to get him, but we should be all in as long as we get him more than just this year

There's no way we are landing Montas without giving up at least one top pitching prospect, like Woods Richardson

Woods-Richardson, Martin and Cole Sands for Montas and Trivino. Get it done. Trivino's been awful but maybe a change of scenery fixes him.

There's no way we are landing Montas without giving up at least one top pitching prospect, like Woods Richardson
I don’t care if a minor league pitcher is included as well - I see them wanting at least one guy from our current 40 man roster and both Gordon and Gil are plug and play - besides you can only play 10 at a time last time I checked. If I’m the As I want at least one present proven MLB player in any deal

I don’t care if a minor league pitcher is included as well - I see them wanting at least one guy from our current 40 man roster and both Gordon and Gil are plug and play - besides you can only play 10 at a time last time I checked. If I’m the As I want at least one present proven MLB player in any deal

Maybe, but it's not like Oakland is trying to compete this season. Or next. I'm just saying that an organization is not going to give up a top SP without getting at least one top pitching prospect in return.

I can see how Celestino would be attractive to Oakland but I doubt there's much interest in Gordon who is a long term utility player. Celestino or Austin Martin + Woods Richardson + another prospect is probably the minimum it would take to get Montas. We aren't getting him for less than what Toronto sent to us for Berrios.

Maybe, but it's not like Oakland is trying to compete this season. Or next. I'm just saying that an organization is not going to give up a top SP without getting at least one top pitching prospect in return.

I can see how Celestino would be attractive to Oakland but I doubt there's much interest in Gordon who is a long term utility player. Celestino or Austin Martin + Woods Richardson + another prospect is probably the minimum it would take to get Montas. We aren't getting him for less than what Toronto sent to us for Berrios.

👍

I’m good with that deal. Are you?

teams like Oakland that are doing the complete re-build want prospects - not fringe-level MLB players like Celestino.

so - going by the Twins' beat writer on MLB.com -

the Twins' top prospects (as of late March) -
1. Royce Lewis SS (not CF......)
2. Austin Martin - OF/SS
3. Jose Miranda - IF
4. Jordan Balazovic RHP
5. Josh Winder - RHP
6. Simeon Woods-Richardson - RHP
7. Matt Canterino - RHP
8. Noah Miller - SS
9. Spencer Steer - IF
10. Matt Wallner - OF
11. Misael Urbina - OF
12. Brayan Medina - RHP
13. Ronny Henriquez - RHP
14. Louie Varland - RHP
15. Aaron Sabato - 1B/DH
16. Cole Sands - RHP
17. Emmanuel Rodriquez - OF
18. Drew Strotman - RHP
19. Blayne Enlow - RHP
20. Steve Hajjar - LHP

FWIW - Jovani Moran, who has pitched with the Twins, was ranked #22 going into the season, and Jermaine Palacios, who just filled in at SS, was #29.

teams like Oakland that are doing the complete re-build want prospects - not fringe-level MLB players like Celestino.

so - going by the Twins' beat writer on MLB.com -

the Twins' top prospects (as of late March) -
1. Royce Lewis SS (not CF......)
2. Austin Martin - OF/SS
3. Jose Miranda - IF
4. Jordan Balazovic RHP
5. Josh Winder - RHP
6. Simeon Woods-Richardson - RHP
7. Matt Canterino - RHP
8. Noah Miller - SS
9. Spencer Steer - IF
10. Matt Wallner - OF
11. Misael Urbina - OF
12. Brayan Medina - RHP
13. Ronny Henriquez - RHP
14. Louie Varland - RHP
15. Aaron Sabato - 1B/DH
16. Cole Sands - RHP
17. Emmanuel Rodriquez - OF
18. Drew Strotman - RHP
19. Blayne Enlow - RHP
20. Steve Hajjar - LHP

FWIW - Jovani Moran, who has pitched with the Twins, was ranked #22 going into the season, and Jermaine Palacios, who just filled in at SS, was #29.

Don’t see any attribution to the twins Beat writer, doubt they have each teams beat writer compile the list, but likely this is from MLB’s scouting service as it also releases a Top 100 list and that’s of course done by someone who knows all the teams prospects. If you have anything that corroborates your supposition, feel free to share

For those who want to play at home. You 2 can be an insider by accessing the prospect (link below) and injury/transaction lists as well on the MLB app-

Agree to disagree on Gil /he’s only 23 and the same age or younger than some on said Top 30 list

If he was hitting .270 and wasn’t a plus fielder I’d agree - former is TBD and later has already been shown to be false.

I didn’t envision Jax’s development to this level based on last year’s effects-his stuff is great for a couple of innings. Some guys just need to find the right spot and get an opportunity.

Continues to be such a bizarre hire. La Russa was great but this is a horrible fit. And this move makes zero sense.

Joe Ryan starting for the Saints tonight for no reason. Meanwhile, Bundy tonight and ?? (probably Chi Chi What's it) tomorrow. Why? Will Ryan exert less effort throwing pitches in St. Paul than Minneapolis? Beyond dumb.

Well back to back to back homers is a nice way to start the game.

Joe Ryan starting for the Saints tonight for no reason. Meanwhile, Bundy tonight and ?? (probably Chi Chi What's it) tomorrow. Why? Will Ryan exert less effort throwing pitches in St. Paul than Minneapolis? Beyond dumb.

States the following per the MLB app in Twins injury update -

RHP Joe Ryan
Expected return
: Week of June 13
Ryan is scheduled for a rehab start on June 9 with Triple-A St. Paul after he threw a third bullpen session on Tuesday as part of his continued ramp-up from COVID-19. Ryan said he originally had some stomach issues and fatigue, but he has been feeling like himself and felt that all of his pitches were working effectively in his most recent bullpen.
"I think he’ll be lined up after that to rejoin us," manager Rocco Baldelli said. "It feels like we would all like it to be fast. He’s a really good pitcher, and we want to see him in a Major League game. But he’ll be back soon.” -- Do-Hyoung Park (Last updated: June 8)

I interpret that as he/Twins wants a rehab start to make sure he has a feel for his pitches in an actual game - basically SOP.

Last edited:

Two homers by buck to start the game, hope he starts to heat up again.

Uhh, generally Buxton HRs are no doubt 'bout 'em bombs.

Obviously didn’t happen but funny anyways. For those that don’t remember, they got into it a few years ago when the umps starting checking foreign substances on pitchers hands.

Top Bottom