All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Bailey Ober slated to start game 1 in Cleveland tonight, after more than 100 days on the shelf.
They also have Larnach and Jeffers rehabbing. Just call them up. They're not any more likely to get hurt in Cleveland than St. Paul and anything is better than more Jake Cave and Sandy Leon.

They also have Larnach and Jeffers rehabbing. Just call them up. They're not any more likely to get hurt in Cleveland than St. Paul and anything is better than more Jake Cave and Sandy Leon.
Haters be hating!

I bet Cave outhomers Kepler this year also

Last edited:

I bet Polonco makes that play Gordon made an error on. Once again the front office being too cute by half. If he can play in St Paul he can play in Cleveland.

In the 7th the twins had the batter in the following situations

0-2 error
0-2 single
0-2 strike out
0-2 single (rbi)
3-1 ground out
0-2 single (two rbi)
0-2 pop out

Can’t say they are not getting ahead in the count they just can’t get them out.

Two of the singles the counts were 0-2. You can’t be trotting pitches that can be hit in those counts.

It's a pleasure to watch Terry Francona take this gutless dipshit to school game after game.
Exactly what should have been done? Eventually you are left with the players you have and either they make it or they don’t. Rocco is not out there throwing hitable pitches to batters ahead in the count 0-2.

And I am far from a Rocco apologist, but the players gotta do their jobs.

Last edited:

That I will agree with. The way you pitch has to match the shift. You can’t expect a guy to pull a 100mph fastball on the outside corner.

You can play the percentages while also taking common sense into consideration. Might as well replace Rocco with a computer. Common sense doesn't seem to be factored into his decisions.

The game tonight was an encapsulation of what is wrong with this organization and season:

-Cruising starter pulled after 5 (I understand it might have been necessary in this case but still)

-Weak offense with no depth adds no insurance runs

-Bullpen implodes aided by $%%7 fundamentals and errors.

-Polanco, Jeffers and Larnach played for St. Paul tonight because we have to make sure they're fully "ready" before activating them even though this was the last important game of the season. Otherwise they might aggravate something and miss a meaningless game against KC a week from now.

They truly need a total reset.

While their managers couldn't help much, The Twins, like the White Sox, just had way too many important players suffer from injuries this season to actually have a good season. Looks like their hopes to win the Division ended last night.

While their managers couldn't help much, The Twins, like the White Sox, just had way too many important players suffer from injuries this season to actually have a good season. Looks like their hopes to win the Division ended last night.
Here’s the problem I have with that thought. Yes the lineup was not great but they are not who cost you the game last night. You used a starter you had planned on and then every bullpen arm exactly how you wanted and they blew the lead. Say what you will with injuries but the bullpen has been healthy for the year and besides Duran they have been the teams weakest link.

The game tonight was an encapsulation of what is wrong with this organization and season:

-Cruising starter pulled after 5 (I understand it might have been necessary in this case but still)

-Weak offense with no depth adds no insurance runs

-Bullpen implodes aided by $%%7 fundamentals and errors.

-Polanco, Jeffers and Larnach played for St. Paul tonight because we have to make sure they're fully "ready" before activating them even though this was the last important game of the season. Otherwise they might aggravate something and miss a meaningless game against KC a week from now.

They truly need a total reset.
This one I don't have a big problem with to be honest, especially with Polanco. If it's just to get at-bats, then I agree they should be up with the Twins. But with Polanco, it was to test if he could actually play. And apparently he couldn't as he was pulled earlier than expected last night. The last thing you want is to bring him up too early and then have to rest him right away again.

This one I don't have a big problem with to be honest, especially with Polanco. If it's just to get at-bats, then I agree they should be up with the Twins. But with Polanco, it was to test if he could actually play. And apparently he couldn't as he was pulled earlier than expected last night. The last thing you want is to bring him up too early and then have to rest him right away again.
That logic is fine in June and would be easier to swallow now if they weren't keeping Kepler on the roster for a week while unavailable. Unless he's somehow risking further long term injury by playing (in which case he shouldn't play in St Paul either) he should be in Cleveland.

Here’s the problem I have with that thought. Yes the lineup was not great but they are not who cost you the game last night. You used a starter you had planned on and then every bullpen arm exactly how you wanted and they blew the lead. Say what you will with injuries but the bullpen has been healthy for the year and besides Duran they have been the teams weakest link.

Here's the problem I have with that comment. Was talking about the season, not last night's game.;)

Last edited:

Here's the problem I have with that comment. Was talking about the season, not last night's game.;)
That game last night pretty much summed up the entire twins season.

Score early and fail to add on
Pitcher is pulled after 5 innings
You ask 5 relieves to finish the game and they fail.

Only difference was Pagan was not asked to pitch last night.

Too little too late. He was maybe the worst offensive player in all of baseball for 70 games and now you put him on the DL.

Top Bottom