All Things 2022 Minnesota High School Football Thread

Anyone want two free tickets for todays (Thursdays) games? Send me a private message on here. Gets you in for the entire day...sorry for the late notice.

Watching Maple Grove and Lakeville South stream. At this rate, each team will get three possessions tonight. New meaning to the term “grind it out”. 7-7 two thirds through the second quarter, South on the move in their second possession. Crazy.

MSHSL HS FB - State Semi-Finals

Scores from Thurs, Nov 17

9-Man:
Mt Iron-Buhl 36, Wheaton-Herman-Norcross 15
Spring Grove 27, Fertile-Beltrami 6

4A:
Simley 17, Rocori 16

6A:
Maple Grove 14, Lakeville South 7

---------------------- ---------------------------

Schedule for Friday, Nov 18:

2A:
Jackson County Central vs Barnesville - 9am
Chatfield vs Eden Valley-Watkins - 11:30am

5A: Mahtomedi vs Elk River - 2pm

4A: Hutchinson vs Zimmerman - 4:30pm

6A: Eden Prairie vs Rosemount - 7pm

How is Elk River only 5A? Though that was a growing suburb?

I guess because they split off Rogers into its own school -- which, good for them for doing that!

How is Elk River only 5A? Though that was a growing suburb?

I guess because they split off Rogers into its own school -- which, good for them for doing that!
Zimmerman HS too. Used to be 1 high school and is now 3.

MSHSL HS FB - State Semi-Finals

Scores from Thurs, Nov 17

9-Man:
Mt Iron-Buhl 36, Wheaton-Herman-Norcross 15
Spring Grove 27, Fertile-Beltrami 6

4A:
Simley 17, Rocori 16

6A:
Maple Grove 14, Lakeville South 7

---------------------- ---------------------------

Schedule for Friday, Nov 18:

2A:
Jackson County Central vs Barnesville - 9am
Chatfield vs Eden Valley-Watkins - 11:30am

5A: Mahtomedi vs Elk River - 2pm

4A: Hutchinson vs Zimmerman - 4:30pm

6A: Eden Prairie vs Rosemount - 7pm
Isn't EP/Rosemount a 7:30pm start?

Isn't EP/Rosemount a 7:30pm start?
Scheduled time is 7 won't be surprised if it ends up starting closer to 7:30. I guess the game last night started around 7:15.

Was surprised by the low final score was in the Lakeville South/Maple Grove game. Didn't see any of it but sounds like there were a lot of long drives that stalled out.

Watching Maple Grove and Lakeville South stream. At this rate, each team will get three possessions tonight. New meaning to the term “grind it out”. 7-7 two thirds through the second quarter, South on the move in their second possession. Crazy.
Crazy the 8 minute drives each had to start the game.

Simley gets a 33 yard FG for the only points of the second half to beat Rocori 17-16 and will play winner of Hutchinson/Zimmerman game.

Rumor is that Rogers might get bumped to 6A in new alignment for next two years.
Just down the interstate from STMA and two communities always look the same to me when I drive up that way.

Big watertowers and a bunch of houses on old farmland.

used to be one on Minnesota-Scores.net, but they dropped the message board section. ran into too many problems with people being a-holes.
Late reply here but that is exactly where I went to first. Def had some people getting way too fired up but was a good place to get some info on other schools

I'm clearly out of the loop since moving away. The MSHSL says the championship games are in December. They're not on Thanksgiving weekend anymore?

Last edited:

I'm clearly out of the loop since moving away. The MSHSL says the championship games are in December. They're not on Thanksgiving anymore?
Vikings game on Thanksgiving Night bumped the MSHSL to 1 week later. Claimed couldn't get it ready on time. I would imagine having to pay Holiday Labor costs was also a factor.

Last edited:

Vikings game on Thanksgiving Night bumped the MSHSL to 1 week earlier. Claimed couldn't get it ready on time. I would imagine having to pay Holiday Labor costs was also a factor.
Correct- Could not turn stadium around for early start after a 7:30pm game for Vikings on Thanksgiving night. Clean, logos, banners, goalposts, hash marks etc. etc.

Elk River with 258 yards rushing at the half and 4 passes attempted. Up 27-14 on Mahtomedi.

453 Rushing for the game and win 38-21. Advance to play winner of Rogers/Mankato West. Chance for an all School district championship game.

Last edited:

Correct- Could not turn stadium around for early start after a 7:30pm game for Vikings on Thanksgiving night. Clean, logos, banners, goalposts, hash marks etc. etc.
Thanks, and I meant to say 1 week later. Edited my original response.

Elk River with 258 yards rushing at the half and 4 passes attempted. Up 27-14 on Mahtomedi.

453 Rushing for the game and win 38-21. Advance to play winner of Rogers/Mankato West. Chance for an all School district championship game.
Both should move up, in that case.

MSHSL HS FB - State Semi-Finals --- Friday, Nov 18

2A:
Barnesville 41, Jackson County Central 12
Chatfield 27, Eden Valley-Watkins 12

4A:
Hutchinson 42, Zimmerman 28

5A:
Elk River 38, Mahtomedi 21

6A:
Rosemount 14, Eden Prairie 10

------------------------- ----------------------------------
Schedule for Saturday, Nov 19

1A:
Springfield vs Deer River -- 9am
Fillmore Central vs Minneota -- 11:30am

3A:
Fairmont vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton -- 2pm
Watertown-Mayer vs New London-Spicer -- 4:30pm

5A:
Rogers vs Mankato West -- 7pm

Rosemount outlasts Eden Prairie 14-10 in a slobberknocker.

14-7 at half and no pass attempts for Rosemount, but the D came up big.

Rosemount vs. Eden Prairie was the low scoring slugfest I thought it was going to be.

EP muffed the opening kickoff, Rosemount recovered and scored a TD a few plays later. EP tied it up eventually and then Rosemount picked up another TD late in the half to go in up 14-7. Second half the teams traded punts and turnovers for the most part. I was actually a little surprised when Eden Prairie elected to kick a 38 yard field goal as opposed to trying to get the game tying TD on a drive when they got down to around the 20 before stalling.

The two unbeatens in 6A now get to battle it out for the title. Hopefully Rosemount can continue to ride the amazing play of the defense all the way to the title on the 2nd!

Rosemount vs. Eden Prairie was the low scoring slugfest I thought it was going to be.

EP muffed the opening kickoff, Rosemount recovered and scored a TD a few plays later. EP tied it up eventually and then Rosemount picked up another TD late in the half to go in up 14-7. Second half the teams traded punts and turnovers for the most part. I was actually a little surprised when Eden Prairie elected to kick a 38 yard field goal as opposed to trying to get the game tying TD on a drive when they got down to around the 20 before stalling.

The two unbeatens in 6A now get to battle it out for the title. Hopefully Rosemount can continue to ride the amazing play of the defense all the way to the title on the 2nd!
It’ll be interesting. I have no idea who wins. If maple grove’s offense can move it, maple grove could win by 10-14 points if the game is played in the 20s

If maple grove can’t move it it’ll be probably pretty similar to the game last night

First time since a Lakeville team many years ago did it but EP lost twice in one year to a team. Rosemount once again very opportunistic on offense. EP fumbled the opening kickoff and Rosemount scored in1:45. EP tied it up near the end of the half but then, for some reason, went to an onside kick recovered by Rosemount. A real headscratcher. Rosemount scored again in 1:53, making it 14-7 just before the half. Second half saw Rosemount never get pass their 50 but EP missed numerous TD possibilities with penalties or fumbles. This was an old fashioned slobberknocker as noted by another GopherHoler with Rosemount not having any passing yards. Their QB was the difference. I'm sure quite a few young men woke up this morning sore feeling the effects of that game. Congrats to Rosemount. The Rosemount/Maple Grove tilt should be a good one.

It’ll be interesting. I have no idea who wins. If maple grove’s offense can move it, maple grove could win by 10-14 points if the game is played in the 20s

If maple grove can’t move it it’ll be probably pretty similar to the game last night
I expect another battle. 3 common opponents between the teams and overall Rosemount did better against Centennial, Wayzata, and South than Maple Grove did. But all bets are off in a championship game like this.

These two teams proved they deserved to be in this game, going 12-0 is not easy to do. I'm biased but not sure anyone in 6A has played a tougher schedule than what Rosemount has had to deal with this year.

First time since a Lakeville team many years ago did it but EP lost twice in one year to a team. Rosemount once again very opportunistic on offense. EP fumbled the opening kickoff and Rosemount scored in1:45. EP tied it up near the end of the half but then, for some reason, went to an onside kick recovered by Rosemount. A real headscratcher. Rosemount scored again in 1:53, making it 14-7 just before the half. Second half saw Rosemount never get pass their 50 but EP missed numerous TD possibilities with penalties or fumbles. This was an old fashioned slobberknocker as noted by another GopherHoler with Rosemount not having any passing yards. Their QB was the difference. I'm sure quite a few young men woke up this morning sore feeling the effects of that game. Congrats to Rosemount. The Rosemount/Maple Grove tilt should be a good one.
Extra days off before the title game will be huge for Rosemount because that was a very physical game. EP kickoffs were a bit of a mystery because I am pretty sure that wasn't their regular guy doing them (wasn't the same as the kid who kicked the field goal for sure). The TD going into halftime was massive and yeah the Rosemount QB was huge with some of his big runs.

Amazed they managed to win the game without even attempting a single pass. Think Rosemount has 1 pass attempt in the past 2 games.

Extra days off before the title game will be huge for Rosemount because that was a very physical game. EP kickoffs were a bit of a mystery because I am pretty sure that wasn't their regular guy doing them (wasn't the same as the kid who kicked the field goal for sure). The TD going into halftime was massive and yeah the Rosemount QB was huge with some of his big runs.

Amazed they managed to win the game without even attempting a single pass. Think Rosemount has 1 pass attempt in the past 2 games.
Exactly what I was just thinking. Not just no passing yards last night, but not even an attempt!!! I agree with you on the schedule comment as well. What a season! Wins over: Eden Prairie, Eden Prairie, Lakeville South, Centennial, Prior Lake, Wayzata, Edina, Eagan, Lakeville North. I hope both teams are healthy when they play in two weeks.

Maple Grove and Rosemount.

Good! Get the EP's, Wayzata's, and Lakeville's outta there for a change! Let someone new win one! :D

Top Bottom