All Things 2022-2023 Minnesota Twins Off-Season Thread

Crazy money for a pitcher that when healthy is the best pitcher in the world. Of course he had not thrown over 100 innings since 2019. Texas is spending crazy money this off season just like last off season.
He’ll be 40 by the end of that contract. Insane. This is why the Twins will never be able to (or really want to) go after most of these elite pitchers. It’s so risky.

$37 million per year. Great for DeGrom. Terrible for any franchise.

He’ll be 40 by the end of that contract. Insane. This is why the Twins will never be able to (or really want to) go after most of these elite pitchers. It’s so risky.
All the more reason to pay a position player like Correa who plays everyday and has been healthy.

The Falvine Brain Trust is now shopping Luis Arreaz for an "ace." So I guess the utter ineptitude has not bottomed out yet. Trade your best hitter for Chris Paddock II. I'm sure his stuff is "nasty!" and his UCL is hanging by 2 threads.

The Falvine Brain Trust is now shopping Luis Arreaz for an "ace." So I guess the utter ineptitude has not bottomed out yet. Trade your best hitter for Chris Paddock II. I'm sure his stuff is "nasty!" and his UCL is hanging by 2 threads.
If they get a true ace, then it's a great deal. Polanco plays 2B. You sign a SS. Sign or use an existing player at 1B.

If they get a true ace, then it's a great deal. Polanco plays 2B. You sign a SS. Sign or use an existing player at 1B.
They won't though. Best-case is someone like Woodruff from the Brewers. You'd have to give up more than Arreaz and you'd only have him for 2 years, which means they'll be flipping him at the deadline or next offseason. Meanwhile you have a ton of $$ to spend. If you want a starter go sign one. Don't trade your best hitter for one.

They need a true #1 to win in the play-offs. But they're not close to getting to the play-offs at the moment. A rotation of Gray, Mahle, Ryan, Ober and Maeda is good enough to compete. If they're in the race again, make a trade next July. More offense and bullpen are bigger needs. What good is an ace when you take an already bad offense and subtract the two best hitters?

He'd have hit about 15 fewer HR's last year playing anywhere other than Yankee stadium. He'd be a fool to leave.
analyst on MLB thinks he’ll end up in SF FWIW
With Turner’s deal it could be SF paying 10 years for $400M per their round table in order to make the Giants relevant on the overspend; need to give the fans a reason to show.

If Judge leaves then maybe they’ll grab a SS to soothe the fan base

analyst on MLB thinks he’ll end up in SF FWIW
With Turner’s deal it could be SF paying 10 years for $400M per their round table in order to make the Giants relevant on the overspend; need to give the fans a reason to show.

If Judge leaves then maybe they’ll grab a SS to soothe the fan base
I would hurl if this happens.

I would hurl if this happens.
He holds all the cards now - they expected Turner to get 9 for $230M - that’s probably one of the few legit 11 year contracts ever signed. They are all shocked by it. Give the Phil’s credit they aren’t shy.

NL East will be amazing to watch and will be interesting to see what the Braves do

He holds all the cards now - they expected Turner to get 9 for $230M - that’s probably one of the few legit 11 year contracts ever signed. They are all shocked by it. Give the Phil’s credit they aren’t shy.

NL East will be amazing to watch and will be interesting to see what the Braves do
My Dodgers are striking out right now

Still three good & comparable SS available - you can be bummed if Lux gets the job and not one of those three
I still think Trea is the best of the SS's out there. Game-changing player.

Lux is really good, but they definitely need a true SS. I want Bogarts at this point.

Then resign Justin Turner to platoon with Muncy, Lux, etc. to round out the infield.

Not sure who is going to be the big F/A starting pitcher? They need one though.

I hate the Giants and Yankees equally, so I hope Judge surprises everyone and signs elsewhere.

Top Bottom