All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

The B1G will be down to Michigan or eliminated completely by tomorrow. Sad.

Crazy to think about. Really too bad because Michigan looked like the real deal before Livers went down. Iowa can continue to win....but their defense is so bad that they basically need to shoot hot to beat other top teams.

Hard to say this year. Michigan looked the part this year prior to Livers going down. The challenge is that in this era, the great teams are 1-3 a year and after that the margins are minuscule between major conference teams and the mid majors that have guys stick around and play team basketball in a system. This isn’t just the B10 who gets victimized by it, but all the power 6 conferences now

Which is great for the NCAA and keeps the tournament interesting. The competitive imbalance in football is too great to overcome.

I keep hoping CBS makes this the theme song for the Tournament. Dedicated to Sister Jean, here at the Bottle Rockets with Stuck in Indianapolis

Saw them at the Turf Club a couple, three years ago, and they were fantastic.

Baylor showing America how to beat that Wisconsin defense.

I keep hoping CBS makes this the theme song for the Tournament. Dedicated to Sister Jean, here at the Bottle Rockets with Stuck in Indianapolis

Clearly every basketball theme song regardless of level should be this:

Saw them at the Turf Club a couple, three years ago, and they were fantastic.
Was that a show with Marshall Crenshaw? It's been several years since I have seen them live, but always a great gig. I saw them maybe 5-6 times at The 400 Bar and various other spots. Plus, Henneman would tour solo with Jay Farrar quite a bit.

I thought Illinois was a great team but great teams don't get dominated like Illinois did today.
1 game, 2 day turnaround...stuff happens. My takeaway, Loyola was vastly under seeded. Thems the breaks.

I thought the announcer said Reuvers averages 3 rebounds per game which is obviously way too low so I looked and holy shit.

1 game, 2 day turnaround...stuff happens. My takeaway, Loyola was vastly under seeded. Thems the breaks.
Someone said they were 9 in KenPom? Don’t know that for certain but I did read that.

Someone said they were 9 in KenPom? Don’t know that for certain but I did read that.
Don't know about KenPom, but they had a gaudy NET of 10. They looked pretty efficient to me.

Oh my not just the trib man...any article about the gophers that i read the last 2 month constantly talked about all the MN guys on Wisconsin... then the comments from those that don't watch talking about how great the gophers would have been with that lineup.
Reuvers has looked horrible all year. Davison has been average at best. The others don’t do much or don’t even play.

Reuvers has looked horrible all year. Davison has been average at best. The others don’t do much or don’t even play.
But because they're from Minnesota they're better than anyone on our team and were a sure fire tourney team if we have them...i need different search history so i don't get ads for gopher sports and don't have to read stuff like that

scrapper, tough, competitor all in one sentence

I thought Illinois was a great team but great teams don't get dominated like Illinois did today.

I thought so too so you were not alone. But, that's part of the problem. Yes, Illinois looked great through much of the year but the conference had so many teams that were either highly or very highly rated that we were fooled into thinking that our better teams couldn't be too vulnerable.

Really unfair that there is no Gritty Player of the Year award.

Was that a show with Marshall Crenshaw? It's been several years since I have seen them live, but always a great gig. I saw them maybe 5-6 times at The 400 Bar and various other spots. Plus, Henneman would tour solo with Jay Farrar quite a bit.
Some solo up-and-comer from Wisconsin opened for them the night I saw them. (My daughter actually liked the opening act better because, I think, he was closer to her age.)

Oh my not just the trib man...any article about the gophers that i read the last 2 month constantly talked about all the MN guys on Wisconsin... then the comments from those that don't watch talking about how great the gophers would have been with that lineup.
Those aren't the Minnesota guys that I am even remotely sad about losing. I think Davidson--although he can accurately descirbed as if not "dirty," certainly pushing that boundary--is a decent player and could have been a contributor here. Not a bad "glue" guy who can make those around him a little better. I don't see the Lakeville guys as really being B1G-quality players. Wisconsin keeps their kids around for all four years and that really shows up at times. Experience can matter a lot.

So who do you guys think has looked like an NBA real deal player so far? Who has stood out as next level?

Reuvers and Potter have been soft all year and have both come off the bench at times this season probably from lack of effort from the previous game. Media loves Davison because he had his best game ever against North Carolina. Wahl is a swiss army knife, but really not a great shooter that Minnesota needs. Yes we could benefit from having one, or all four but it's not do or die. Trice has been there best player

Reuvers and Potter have been soft all year and have both come off the bench at times this season probably from lack of effort from the previous game. Media loves Davison because he had his best game ever against North Carolina. Wahl is a swiss army knife, but really not a great shooter that Minnesota needs. Yes we could benefit from having one, or all four but it's not do or die. Trice has been there best player
I'll come out and say it: Nate looks significantly heavier than he was a couple years ago, and he's not as quick in various respects as he was in the past. Part of his game is being lighter on his feet than the guy who's guarding him. The Badgers need those kind of matchup advantages for the Swing offense to work.

Am I seeing things?

Top Bottom