All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

You don't get it do it. YOUR belief is that's not a selfish act. What if someone believes differently then that? Obviously, most people will say it's ok to have a kid. But I don't say a person has no heart or less character for believing otherwise and trash the person. It's the tolerance level for a belief of something other than what you believe in, what I'm getting at. That's why the example. Do you normally just run with what you want to see and play everything else as, you're an idiot. How does that help anything?

Cousin's not playing this year because of his refusal to get the vaccine is a similar situation to a mother staying home from work to care for her child.

Thanks for this gobbledygook. Glad to know that when I see your UN pop up....I can immediately expect idiocy.

Your business, you do whatever you feel is best. No issues there. Glad you're proud you fired a person. Truth seeker the Executioner. The NFL can draw that line and see if the players union files a lawsuit.
Damn right. You don't respect your colleagues and their families because you won't get a shot, then you're gone.

Damn right. You don't respect your colleagues and their families because you won't get a shot, then you're gone.

And in the NFL....any cancelations due to covid issues not only cost the offending team a loss....but players on both teams lose their paychecks for that unplayed game.

But hey....some of these guys REALLY don't want the shot. Great. Grab your bucket of tears and head home.

And in the NFL....any cancelations due to covid issues not only cost the offending team a loss....but players on both teams lose their paychecks for that unplayed game.

But hey....some of these guys REALLY don't want the shot. Great. Grab your bucket of tears and head home.
The coaches know who got the shot. Guys will get cut who would have otherwise made the team because they didn't get the shot. They can't risk borderline players or projects causing a forfeit loss.

The coaches know who got the shot. Guys will get cut who would have otherwise made the team because they didn't get the shot. They can't risk borderline players or projects causing a forfeit loss.

I read something saying that about 80% of the players are already vaccinated. I'd expect that number to rise a lot in the next month now that it's coming down to the wire. Like you said....the fringe players will simply be cut. When the dust settles....we'll see who the league's biggest idiots are. I'd wager that teams will tell those players to go kick rocks. Way to much at stake for the rest of the team to play the odds on one or two selfish idiots. Hope Cousins isn't one of them.

Here we go again... 'you don't respect your colleagues'... don't hold your belief, trash character. This is the exact point I've been arguing the whole time. But as stated earlier, all beliefs are not equal. Which creates the grey area and talking point. Oh well... good to hear your point of views. Wait, if you're vaccinated, what are worried about?.... haha, nevermind... whole different deal and we can go round and round. This is just to pass some time on a Sunday, this USA Gold Cup isn't exactly creating excitement.

Cousin's not playing this year because of his refusal to get the vaccine is a similar situation to a mother staying home from work to care for her child.

Thanks for this gobbledygook. Glad to know that when I see your UN pop up....I can immediately expect idiocy.
You don't do well with details do you?

You don't do well with details do you?

The "details" did your idiotic argument no favors. More than just myself have pointed that out.

I thought that maybe you just didn't think it through. Now it's looking more like you just don't deal well with logic.

The "details" did your idiotic argument no favors. More than just myself have pointed that out.

I thought that maybe you just didn't think it through. Now it's looking more like you just don't deal well with logic.
You first pointed out Jon Rahm plays golf and Kirk Cousins plays football, completely missed the point I was making about potential vaccine effectiveness and end result being that exact same, he can still test positive.

Then you hang on the mom and son, the point being made was chastising a certain belief different than your own. The tolerance level.

Then you proceed to come after me, which is completely rich in it's own right. Given the point trying to be made in the second part. Oh well. Have a good night Stocker, good chatting about things. Get it out of my system for a bit. USA moving on!

You first pointed out Jon Rahm plays golf and Kirk Cousins plays football, completely missed the point I was making about potential vaccine effectiveness and end result being that exact same, he can still test positive.

Then you hang on the mom and son, the point being made was chastising a certain belief different than your own. The tolerance level.

Then you proceed to come after me, which is completely rich in it's own right. Given the point trying to be made in the second part. Oh well. Have a good night Stocker, good chatting about things. Get it out of my system for a bit. USA moving on!

And you whiffed. Rahm not getting the vaccine affects him and him only. Cousins not getting it has an effect on the entire team.

And you whiffed again. The mother missing work to care for her son is a much different situation than Cousins missing a season because he doesn't want the vaccine. The mother has an obligation. Cousins just wants to be difficult.

Really don't understand where "beliefs" come into this. I believe that parents should take care of their children. Guess you don't believe so. Then again....there are also negligence laws kind of compelling parents to take reasonable care of their children....which is just another reason why this comparison makes no sense.

Significantly lower? How much lower exactly? How do you know this? And will those chances be "significantly lower" when it comes to the effectiveness against each of the different strains of the virus? And how much lower against those different strains? If at all?

Soooooo, a vaccine doesn't come close to ensuring you won't acquire the virus, and a positive test by no means is 100% definitive that you DO have the virus, and the world's greatest athletes in their 20's and early 30's have shown to be MASSIVELY able to handle coming down with the virus.... But..... we should absolutely mandate that every player in the NFL gets this shoved down their throat?
You’re overthinking it. Unvaccinated will be tested everyday. Vaccinated won’t.

We can debate if the rules are stupid but in the end it doesn’t matter. These are the rules. Unvaccinated will have a greater chance of testing positive and missing games.

And you whiffed. Rahm not getting the vaccine affects him and him only. Cousins not getting it has an effect on the entire team.

And you whiffed again. The mother missing work to care for her son is a much different situation than Cousins missing a season because he doesn't want the vaccine. The mother has an obligation. Cousins just wants to be difficult.

Really don't understand where "beliefs" come into this. I believe that parents should take care of their children. Guess you don't believe so. Then again....there are also negligence laws kind of compelling parents to take reasonable care of their children....which is just another reason why this comparison makes no sense.
We are talking two completely different languages here. You are hanging on points that have absolutely no bearing on the points I'm trying to bring to light. You're definitely right, I missed the mark by that account. I should be more clear, instead of using indirect circumstances. My apologies.

Think of this... what if Jon Rahm and Kirk Cousins were replaced with X and Z.

X, has covid. Gets vaccinated. Gets covid again. Z does not get vaccinated, gets covid.

What is the end result for X and Z? The both have covid. Even after taking different paths to get there.

How do we treat those cases?

According to the Executioner, Truth Seeker. Z gets axed and has no character. Screw that person.
X still has a job (he got vaccinated), loved by all. What a great human. Really gets it. Caring.

They both end up with covid.

Those two cases are handled completely different based on a belief of getting a vaccine.

Which would lead me to the mom and kid... acceptance of social norms and tolerance or lack thereof. But have a feeling this will get lost on you, quite honestly.... and would really prefer you don't try to suggest I am against a mom caring for their kid, by pulling bs tactic of trying to put words in my mouth. It was never about that.

Something else to consider - if a team has to forfeit a game due to a covid outbreak, BOTH teams involved in that game lose a game check.

Imagine a scenario where the Vikings have an outbreak and have to forfeit a game. Imagine the situation inside the locker room where the vaccinated players are blaming the unvaccinated players for costing them money.

Lots of manufacturing companies or trucking companies require a drug test as a condition of employment. I see no difference between that and a sports team requiring all of its employees to be vaccinated.

to me, a player refusing to be vaccinated is putting himself and his own interests ahead of the team.
In essence, Kirk Cousins is saying "I am willing to put the team's season at risk, and potentially run the risk of costing my teammates money if a game is forfeited." And he is supposed to be the 'leader' of the offense.
Once the vaccine is FDA approved, which will be no later than this fall, then the NFL and others can have an easier time legally mandating it. Hopefully they will

What if Cousins gets the vaccine and then tests positive for covid anyways?
The rule says because of unvaccinated players. So then, he did the right thing and won't penalize the team.

Staying unvaccinated is the wrong thing, and he should have to pay out of his own salary for everyone on the team who loses a game check.

What's to understand? If he catches covid....it could cause the team to forfeit games? Not to mention cause the team lots and lots of money. Why? It's not really a case of "well I'm not concerned about catching the virus. I don't think it will hurt me." anymore. Now it's a case of does he care at all about the team and playing. Is he fine cashing a paycheck? If that is the case....we know what kind of player he is. Someone with absolutely zero competitive nature. Someone who the Vikings couldn't have won with regardless of circumstances.

Cash those paychecks and sit out the year, Cousins. You were a total waste of time and money.
Catches covid?

You mean tests positive for a bunk test

Is the NFL really going to cancel games and not pay players, and fine if an unvaccinated players tests positive? Maybe I read that wrong... If true, that's such a misstep by the NFL. Actively creating division in the workplace. I couldn't imagine a say, Coca Cola having a policy like that. If an unvaccinated employee test positive, shut the place down and nobody gets paid. That can't be what the NFL is doing...
In theory, yes. However, with the spread of COVID near it's zenith last winter during the middle/end of the NFL season, and with no players being vaccinated at that point, they had to cancel ZERO games. Yes, there was some "creative" rescheduling for some teams to make it happen, but they made it work. Now, with a reported 80%+ of players being vaccinated, plus the COVID numbers being way down, we're supposed to worry about this now? The NFL instituted rules that will most likely not have to be used (cancelling games, players not getting paid, fines, etc.). But of course, the news outlets ran with it making it seem like the sky was falling, because the threat of cancelled NFL games gets clicks/retweets. Look how much traffic it's drummed up on this thread. This is such a small possibility of occurring, yet so many people have gone back into "hunger games" mode of eviscerating each other based on which side you're on.

This will be an interesting lawsuit in the making.
Not really. Employment at will. He made his choice.
He's not an at-will employee, he has a contract. I don't know the specifics of his deal, but most assistants are on one or two year contracts, so his potential contract damages are pretty limited. In addition, the news reports say he's still under contract, so he's presumably being paid and the Vikings may well continue to honor his contract or buy him out, neither of which is likley to result in a lawsuit.

We are talking two completely different languages here. You are hanging on points that have absolutely no bearing on the points I'm trying to bring to light. You're definitely right, I missed the mark by that account. I should be more clear, instead of using indirect circumstances. My apologies.

Think of this... what if Jon Rahm and Kirk Cousins were replaced with X and Z.

X, has covid. Gets vaccinated. Gets covid again. Z does not get vaccinated, gets covid.

What is the end result for X and Z? The both have covid. Even after taking different paths to get there.

How do we treat those cases?

According to the Executioner, Truth Seeker. Z gets axed and has no character. Screw that person.
X still has a job (he got vaccinated), loved by all. What a great human. Really gets it. Caring.

They both end up with covid.

Those two cases are handled completely different based on a belief of getting a vaccine.

Which would lead me to the mom and kid... acceptance of social norms and tolerance or lack thereof. But have a feeling this will get lost on you, quite honestly.... and would really prefer you don't try to suggest I am against a mom caring for their kid, by pulling bs tactic of trying to put words in my mouth. It was never about that.

The point is that X has a FAR FAR FAR lower chance of catching covid than Z does. The NFL are ok with X being in the locker room because their CHANCE of catching it is basically zero. And like I already said.....X catching it after the vax was a false positive.

Your entire point is stupid. Maybe you don't understand risk management. Maybe percentages throw you off. The point is that the vaccine is nearly 100% effective. So there's no excuse not to get it unless you have a reason. Most of these guys have no reason.

Tests positive for a bunk test?

Oh right. You are a Q guy.
Not a Q guy. Please provide evidence.

On a more important note, its sad that we are this far into the the scamdemic and you don't know about the pitfalls of the PCR test. Sad really.

The point is that X has a FAR FAR FAR lower chance of catching covid than Z does. The NFL are ok with X being in the locker room because their CHANCE of catching it is basically zero. And like I already said.....X catching it after the vax was a false positive.

Your entire point is stupid. Maybe you don't understand risk management. Maybe percentages throw you off. The point is that the vaccine is nearly 100% effective. So there's no excuse not to get it unless you have a reason. Most of these guys have no reason.
Ha, Stocker... look at covid death rates. Not sure if they break it out, but for healthy 30 year old adults. Then ask yourself, do I really understand risk management? It's the over zealous policies that create these circumstances. Again, social tolerance/beliefs.

Ha, Stocker... look at covid death rates. Not sure if they break it out, but for healthy 30 year old adults. Then ask yourself, do I really understand risk management? It's the over zealous policies that create these circumstances. Again, social tolerance/beliefs.
The NFL's policies have almost zero to do with preventing deaths. It's about preventing outbreaks and cancelled games. Un-vaccinated players are more likely to cause both.

Not a Q guy. Please provide evidence.

On a more important note, its sad that we are this far into the the scamdemic and you don't know about the pitfalls of the PCR test. Sad really.

Yes....you definitely aren't a Q guy. You just love running with their conspiracy theories.

The NFL's policies have almost zero to do with preventing deaths. It's about preventing outbreaks and cancelled games. Un-vaccinated players are more likely to cause both.

This.

It's clear that schlic is not a deep thinker. Especially when their stance devolved all the way back to "but it probably wouldn't kill them".

This.

It's clear that schlic is not a deep thinker. Especially when their stance devolved all the way back to "but it probably wouldn't kill them".
Wait, sorry... let me connect dots for the uneducated. Why would the NFL want to prevent an outbreak? Guess it's just for the fun of it.

Wait, sorry... let me connect dots for the uneducated. Why would the NFL want to prevent an outbreak? Guess it's just for the fun of it.

Aren't you missing a rock biters convention or something?

Aren't you missing a rock biters convention or something?
Shouldn't you be getting ready for your shift? Make sure, when a drive thru customer asks for no ice, you don't add ice. Then give yourself a Tiger Woods fist pump, win the day Stocker! You got this.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for your shift? Make sure, when a drive thru customer asks for no ice, you don't add ice. Then give yourself a Tiger Woods fist pump, win the day Stocker! You got this.

Original. And you got a like from JimmyJamesQ. That's got to feel nice after thoroughly embarrassing yourself with your only 14 posts on the site.

Original. And you got a like from JimmyJamesQ. That's got to feel nice after thoroughly embarrassing yourself with your only 14 posts on the site.
I like how you ridicule the poster for having 14 posts; meanwhile you act like your 24,936 garbage posts actually mean something

Top Bottom