All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

WFT up 7-0 early on Eagles.

Can't decide if I want Wash to win, to keep alive the sliver of hope for making the playoffs after the guaranteed loss tonight, or if I want the Eagles to win to put a guaranteed end to the misery.

WFT up 7-0 early on Eagles.

Can't decide if I want Wash to win, to keep alive the sliver of hope for making the playoffs after the guaranteed loss tonight, or if I want the Eagles to win to put a guaranteed end to the misery.
Go Washington.

We would move up a spot in the draft if Washington wins.

Go Washington.

We would move up a spot in the draft if Washington wins.

But what if Wash loses to the Giants and we beat the Bears, next week?

Assume Cryboys rest their starters and Eagles win. (then lose the first playoff game, if that gets them in)

But what if Wash loses to the Giants and we beat the Bears, next week?

Assume Cryboys rest their starters and Eagles win. (then lose the first playoff game, if that gets them in)
I am focused only on the vikings losing their last 2 games. The playoffs are a laugh for the vikings.

And yes, we will have something like the 8th pick, beat Chicago and move to somewhere like 14 or 15. It's the viking way.

I am focused only on the vikings losing their last 2 games. The playoffs are a laugh for the vikings.

And yes, we will have something like the 8th pick, beat Chicago and move to somewhere like 14 or 15. It's the viking way.
As insane as it is, Vikings can still back into the playoffs at 8-9, if they lose to the Pack tonight but beat the Bears.

WFT is up 16-7 on Eagles at the half. Falcons just kicked a FG to go up 15-14 at half.

Either the Eagles or Falcons win, and it eliminates the Vikings (with a loss tonight). The Falcons losing eliminates themselves.

Then in week 18 we would need Falcons to take out the Saints, Giants to take out WFT, and the Cowboys to take out the Eagles. Assuming the Vikings beat the Bears.

for all the talk of WHAT to do, the big question is WHO will be doing it.

the Wilfs have to make a quick decision on what to do with the GM. If they replace the GM, the new person is going to want to have input on hiring a HC. that will take time, and the Vikes could find themselves at the end of the coaching carousel. It would just like the Vikes to piss around on hiring a GM and HC, and wind up with all of the top candidates already having signed elsewhere.

then, assuming they have a new GM and HC, then those people are going to need to evaluate the roster and determine a strategy for the draft, free agency and/or trades, starting with what to do with Cousins. The QB decision will be the first domino, and will influence a lot of other decisions due to the salary cap implications.

I don't see anyway to pull off a quick revamp and still be in playoff contention. This team needs a pretty complete re-do. they would be better off cleaning house and going for a fresh start. Of course, that would mean telling the fans that the team will be taking a big step back for a few years.
Tim Salem?
Marc What’s His Name (SIDS love child)?
Tony Dungy?

For how great this rookie class of QBs was supposed to be, they all look terrible. Jones is the only one who has looked good at times, but I'm not sure he's more than a game manager long term.

For how great this rookie class of QBs was supposed to be, they all look terrible. Jones is the only one who has looked good at times, but I'm not sure he's more than a game manager long term.
The one who looks good is the one on team that's not a mess. Mac Jones

David Mills is outperforming everyone but Jones. He was drafted after Mond.

Mond really sucks. That's not surprising, considering Spielman drafted him. In case you're not aware, here is every defensive player drafted by Spielman since he drafted Danielle Hunter. After reviewing the list, you'll wonder why he still has a job and wasn't relieved years ago.

Mackenzie Alexander
Kentrell Brothers
Stephen Weatherly
Jayson Kearse
Jaleel Johnson
Ben Gedion
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Elijah Lee
Jack Tocho
Mike Hughes
Jalyn Holmes
Ade Arunna
Devante Downs
Cameron Smith
Marcus Epps
Jeff Gladney
Cameron Dantzler
DJ Wonnum
James Lynch
Troy Dye
Harrison Hand
Josh Metellus
Kenny Willekes
Brian Cole
Chaz Surratt
Patrick Jones
Camryn Bynum
Janarious Robinson
Jalen Twyman

It looks like A Rodg is still in a Packer uniform. Vikes lose this game tonight the PA Arodg rumor machine powers up to 11.

Another example of how poorly coached this team is. 3rd and 5, CB on Jefferson is lined up 7 yards from the LOS and bails on the snap. Should be an easy 5-6 yard hitch and 1st down. Instead Jefferson runs a deep route and Mannion checks down to the RB who runs a crossing at 2 yards.

I was against Mond starting becuase it wouldn't be fair to him. But this is unwatchable. Put him in, it can't be any worse.

Klint Kubiak should walk back to MSP, and turn in his playbook when he gets there. What kind of deals were made with the old man to get him this gig, he is so far over his head it's ridiculous.

If it was Zim's mistake to hire KK as OC, it was the biggest mistake Zim has made since he's been with the Vikings.

Klint Kubiak should walk back to MSP, and turn in his playbook when he gets there. What kind of deals were made with the old man to get him this gig, he is so far over his head it's ridiculous.

If it was Zim's mistake to hire KK as OC, it was the biggest mistake Zim has made since he's been with the Vikings.
I’d take your Kubiak and raise you a John DiFillipo (sp?). Complete antithesis to how he wants to run an offense, and hires him anyway. Kubiak is at least doing what Zim wants. He’s just not that good.

Four consecutive 3 and outs for Vikings offense in first half. Just beyond pathetic.

We had a chance earlier in the year when the offense was playing awesome. Defense played well enough for the offense to win it.

Not watching the 2nd half. Probably won’t watch Bears game. Hope they try to lose, for better draft pick.

What’s the point of having and playing a veteran backup if your game plan is to essentially treat him like he’s rookie? Kubiak sucks.
No trust in your 3rd round pick after 16 weeks of games.
No trust in your veteran backup QB.
All of this in a must-win game.

Just shocking.

Worst game at Lambeau since Joe Webb was our season long backup for Ponder and had to start a Green Bay playoff game. This is a trend under Spielman.

No trust in your 3rd round pick after 16 weeks of games.
No trust in your veteran backup QB.
All of this in a must-win game.

Just shocking.

Worst game at Lambeau since Joe Webb was our season long backup for Ponder and had to start a Green Bay playoff game. This is a trend under Spielman.
You mean Spielman doesn't invest in or respect the backup QB? A position that is one of the 25 or 30 most important positions on the team, and he treats it like it's the 45th most important.

Call me shocked.

Top Bottom